Istanbul - Volkswagen Arena (Dec. 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Scandinavia / Smiler With Knife / Yes, I Am Blind / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / Meat is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by Raphael Lambach, correction by Glamourous Glue.

• Morrissey’in İstanbul’u Teşekkürlü, Kucaklaşmalı... (2 photos) - Kayıp Paylaşımlar Koleksiyoncusu. Link posted by bodakedi.

Morrissey_stanbul_Konseri_17_Aral_k_2014_2.JPG
  • Photo posted by marieclairetr / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

istanbul_ball.jpg
  • Morrissey'den İstanbul'da 'İstanbul'u dinliyorum... (5 photos) - Radikal. Link posted by Glamourous Glue.

Last edited:
I would pay big bucks to see some of the letters/notes (with permission of their authors, of course) that he's been handed while on stage over the years.

Even the one he whipped out of his pocket (I thought it was a tissue at first) has piqued my curiosity.

Good to see Jesse Tobias sonically molest Suedehead until the guitar part was stomped so far into the ground that it was unrecognizable.

He completely destroyed that song.

It's such a shame to have him as the lead guitarist.

If you read an article in the paper and don't approve of the content of the article, do you blame the paper? You're attacking the wrong thing. Morrissey is the destination, Solo is the road that takes you to your destination and sometimes there are bad drivers on the road. It's not the road's fault.

I half agree. There are also anonymous posters driving like lunatics on that road. They drive without a licence plate/tag, they interrupt the normal flow, they have zero respect for other cars, for the journey itself, and for the destination. They are akin to the stuntman psycho in Death Proof. They drive with full beams on and leave accidents in their wake and clog the place up with burned tires and broken glass because despite their misplaced self belief they can't actually drive. Those are the non-entities that drag down this site. They won't rest until this site becomes the equivalent of a toilet stall wall. Some anonymous posters are ok but a lot are like fleas on a dog. Someone needs to delouse the beast.

Good to see Jesse Tobias sonically molest Suedehead until the guitar part was stomped so far into the ground that it was unrecognizable.

He completely destroyed that song.

It's such a shame to have him as the lead guitarist.

Regardless of how you feel about Jesse's guitar playing..."sonically molest" gets my vote for Solo catch phrase of 2014.

I half agree. There are also anonymous posters driving like lunatics on that road. They drive without a licence plate/tag, they interrupt the normal flow, they have zero respect for other cars, for the journey itself, and for the destination. They are akin to the stuntman psycho in Death Proof. They drive with full beams on and leave accidents in their wake and clog the place up with burned tires and broken glass because despite their misplaced self belief they can't actually drive. Those are the non-entities that drag down this site. They won't rest until this site becomes the equivalent of a toilet stall wall. Some anonymous posters are ok but a lot are like fleas on a dog. Someone needs to delouse the beast.

Since we are a little off topic anyway, may I just say you have the best avatar on this forum, ACTION. It brings back memories from a Christmas long ago when Santa left me this:
steve austin.jpg

Ok. Back to the show...

Except you somehow manage to forget the fact that all anonymous posts go through moderation before they're published. If it's published, it was approved by a moderator. Blame them, not the anonymous trolls whose posts could easily be blocked, IF moderators actually had any interest in blocking them.

waiting for somebody to write a review of this tour :)

When they do Istanbul live why is it that they don't bring out the lap steel and cigar box guitars to replicate the sound from the album? They used to do it for Let Me Kiss You with Alain on Lap steel guitar.

Every version I've heard so far is clumsy at best. I'm not a Jesse basher at all but he's all over the place with those licks. It's gets nicer towards the end though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so proud he finished the tour with minimal drama ( for him).

He's hasn't said anything too offensive lately. Is he mellowing or was just too busy on the tour?

Wherever he is, I hope he's celebrating.

When they do Istanbul live why is it that they don't bring out the lap steel and cigar box guitars to replicate the sound from the album? They used to do it for Let Me Kiss You with Alain on Lap steel guitar.

Every version I've heard so far is clumsy at best. I'm not a Jesse basher at all but he's all over the place with those licks. It's gets nicer towards the end though.

Was that Let me kiss you or I'm not sorry? Can't remember it on a version of LMKY

I can't imagine sitting through this part of his gig:

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Scandinavia / Smiler With Knife / Yes, I Am Blind / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / Meat is Murder

Pure torture.

Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Scandinavia / Smiler With Knife / Yes, I Am Blind / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / Meat is Murder

Pure torture.

Then don't go. He has every right to play his new material.

Pure torture.

yes

belgrade venue had no seats. one could sit od the ground or on the bar table :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom