Istanbul - Volkswagen Arena (Dec. 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / How Soon Is Now? / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Scandinavia / Smiler With Knife / Yes, I Am Blind / Staircase At The University / I'm Not A Man / Meat is Murder / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by Raphael Lambach, correction by Glamourous Glue.

• Morrissey’in İstanbul’u Teşekkürlü, Kucaklaşmalı... (2 photos) - Kayıp Paylaşımlar Koleksiyoncusu. Link posted by bodakedi.

Morrissey_stanbul_Konseri_17_Aral_k_2014_2.JPG
  • Photo posted by marieclairetr / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

istanbul_ball.jpg
  • Morrissey'den İstanbul'da 'İstanbul'u dinliyorum... (5 photos) - Radikal. Link posted by Glamourous Glue.

Last edited:
Oh well that's that, time to put him back in his box now until he thinks up some publicity seeking outburst about the Royal family.
We will just have to wait now for the usual list of his favourite performances and a silly message for Christmas about eating birds with huge breasts to be typed up at TTY head office.
Personally my favourite has to be the house lights up moments
1) The band pacing around looking for Trafford comment person and him saying "I'm not going to sing now"
2) The gentleman in the red pullover ( if your reading this you should frame that red jersey ) it's now a very collectable piece of Tosserrey memorabilia.
3) Secret cheese munching on stage between songs.

Happy Christmas everyone and best wishes for the new year ahead from me and all the staff @ Bennys

Benny-the-British-Butcher

A video compilation was screened during that song which seems taken from an Italian film :) I'm Not a Man performance was the peak of the night (for me of course).

Cheers!
If anybody knows what this is: Holla back!

Roads don't have power. Roads are roads. Police can give tickets. You have to follow the analogy. So you have a problem with the police not giving enough tickets on the road to Morrissey? Were the people driving too fast? Or is it your opinion they were driving too fast, in which case you should lobby to change the law...but at the end of the day the road is the road. Do you see what I mean?

"A road is a road..this I know"

Tom Cochrane:guitar:

Last edited:
You'd think he'd change up the set list a bit for the very last European show.

Breathtaking photo ! Courtesy of Muhsin Akgün.

fft16_mf2908581.Jpeg
This is beautiful. Looks like it was a nice end to the tour. I hope he gets some rest and then heads back out for a small US tour in the new year. Here's hoping for good health and happiness...

Funny that it was pointed out to me today that anonymous posts go through the filter of moderators, and that they're not supposed to publish off-topic. I'm getting the feeling I stepped into twilight zone here.

It certainly used to be like that.. but it would be a reaction to an off-topic post rather than a filter before the post shows up.

It's really a matter of how motivated moderators are feeling to baby-sit people. I think it would be better if we had a downvote option to empower people to contribute to the end that downvoted posts get hidden.

I'm also curious to know.
It looks like either Italian or French film shot in 1950s or 60s, possibly "I Vitelloni" directed by Fellini?

There was Jean-Paul Belmondo acting in the film. (One of my favourite actors...) So I would bet for French.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was Jean-Paul Belmondo acting in the film. (One of my favourite actors...) So I would bet for French.

Actually I thought I saw Belmondo and Jeanne Moreau, but I wasn't sure.

They worked together only twice in 60s, Peter Brooke's Moderate Cantabile and Godard's Une Famme est Une Famme.

I only watched Moderate Cantabile, but the boy didn't look like Didier Haudepin who played Moreau's son.

Perhaps other film Belmondo appeared in 60s.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom