Athens - Tae Kwon Do Arena (Dec. 15, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Smiler With Knife / Asleep / I'm Not A Man / Certain People I Know / Trouble Loves Me / Meat is Murder // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by Dimitris Vesparider‎ / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out Facebook group via an anonymous person.

Last edited:
I count 35 shows played (including Istanbul) and 3 cancellations - Lyon, Lausanne, Basel, that were not rescheduled and made up. I'm not including Holland because those two shows will be made up in 2015 as stated on TTY.

35 divided by 38 = 92% concert completion rate. Even if my math is a bit off, this tour was completed unlike the 2013 and 2014 aborted U.S.A. tours.

This tour was a success. It doesn't matter if you are an apologist, defender, sycophant, objective, disfavor Morrissey, hate his guts, or think you are Oscar Wilde reincarnated. This tour was a success and that is undeniable.

Again, I say to you, you are seeing The Last of the Famous. You are a witness to greatness. Even in your most vitriolic moments, all of you know it.

Expect a U.S.A. mini tour 2015

Very Happy Holidays,

Ghoul (from under the floorboards)

And that, my friend, is the truth :thumb:

I count 35 shows played (including Istanbul) and 3 cancellations - Lyon, Lausanne, Basel, that were not rescheduled and made up. I'm not including Holland because those two shows will be made up in 2015 as stated on TTY.

35 divided by 38 = 92% concert completion rate. Even if my math is a bit off, this tour was completed unlike the 2013 and 2014 aborted U.S.A. tours.

This tour was a success. It doesn't matter if you are an apologist, defender, sycophant, objective, disfavor Morrissey, hate his guts, or think you are Oscar Wilde reincarnated. This tour was a success and that is undeniable.

Again, I say to you, you are seeing The Last of the Famous. You are a witness to greatness. Even in your most vitriolic moments, all of you know it.

Very Happy Holidays,

Amen.... and God bless Ghoul !!

- - - Updated - - -

More evidence that his career is over and his fans have deserted him, right Barleycunt?

Thank you, Ghoulie! :tiphat:

Mini tour/Maxi tour or any tour of the USA in 2015 would make me very happy. Actually, any tour, anywhere and seeing the boy happy & healthy is my wish for 2015.

Very Happy Holidays,

Very Happy Holidays,

Well said, BG. But Bummie, Benny and Barleycunt will undoubtedly try to engineer some kind of characteristically unconvincing negative spin...

don't give up the day job, comedy is obviously not your thing

He 'works' day and night in a psychiatric hospital, ok, so he cannot leave but he does get access to free wi-fi, so swings and roundabouts and all that...

Actually, any tour, anywhere and seeing the boy happy & healthy is my wish for 2015.

Well, said.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to count the Holland dates as cancellations, if they take place next year they would part of next years tour, they cant be used to credit two different tours. Of course, we know that it wont happen, since they were bumped for low ticket sales.

The Athens venue look kind of small, more like a large club, 1800 to 2000 at most, which these days make it an enormous crowd for him.

Looks a decent crowd for someone who some posters claim is finished?

Bollocks !
It's ONE date that's all it is, the Greek people have travelled to the venue from far and wide you tit and the empty seats have been given away on the streets, oh and the ultras let's not forget them shall we !
Now then Surf-Arse you big macho boxer you ! RRRRGGGHHHHH !
Please add me to your ignore list along with the three wise men BB, JBC, US, thanks and don't expect a reply but please remember one thing !
" The more you ignore us the closer we get, your wasting your time "
I'm done with you now remember my cheese and not my feta and whatever happens don't forget me, I love you ! I love you ! I love you !

4-cough and spankyou, cheese is murder !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Very Happy Holidays,

Perfectly stated! We wouldn't all be so emotionally invested if he was just some ordinary pop star. He writes lyrics that articulate the emotions and thoughts that most of us do not or cannot voice for ourselves, and he delivers those sentiments with the voice of an angel. I don't have to agree with every social commentary that he makes; I don't have to make sense of every career move; I just want to savor every moment of the music, past, present, and hopefullly, future. I hope that your prediction about a mini US tour is correct, although I think that he needs to rest for a bit.

lynnda

He's just started singing Private Dancer !
It's a sign at the end he said remember my cheese not my feta, he also turned his back to the crowd in the musical bit and put a baby bel in his mouth.
What can it all mean ?

B-t-B-B

LOL everybody thinks he is sneezing and weeping because his end is imminent when in fact hes desperately munching on some dubliner cheese before he has to face the microphone again.

perfectly stated! We wouldn't all be so emotionally invested if he was just some ordinary pop star. He writes lyrics that articulate the emotions and thoughts that most of us do not or cannot voice for ourselves, and he delivers those sentiments with the voice of an angel. I don't have to agree with every social commentary that he makes; i don't have to make sense of every career move; i just want to savor every moment of the music, past, present, and hopefullly, future. I hope that your prediction about a mini us tour is correct, although i think that he needs to rest for a bit.

Lynnda

parklife !

OK, I want you guys to open your minds really, really wide...

Ready?

**clears throat**

You lot do know he's supposed to finish tours, don't you? That is the point of touring. It's like congratulating a painter and decorator for painting and decorating.

Personally think he has put on much too much weight to be taking off his shirt in public anymore, specially right after Meat is Murder.

Ready?

**clears throat**

You lot do know he's supposed to finish tours, don't you? That is the point of touring. It's like congratulating a painter and decorator for painting and decorating.

well, not exactly.. not a good analogy
a painter paints , a decorator decorates ...and a singer sings.
when a painter exposes his works ,like say ... exposing around european galleries, he could easily cancel ,for whatever reason, his expositions.
when a singer is touring ( being on the road or on air, changing climates , trying to manage problems or challenges within the band or the crew, adjusting his mood and needs each time to fit the needs of his audience) he is expected to feel tired or even bored, he is after all human and not a cd player, he is expected to find it hard at least to fulfill his promised appointments.. and anyway noone is supposed to anything, try to relax , and enjoy what there is to enjoy. being miserable is not what you are supposed to be.

(and by the way , the concert tonight was powerful and so ,as always, dense..each word with its exact weight, apart the encore -how soon is now- due to a technical problem that proved enough to destroy the mood for at least the band)

fil

Well, said.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to count the Holland dates as cancellations, if they take place next year they would part of next years tour, they cant be used to credit two different tours. Of course, we know that it wont happen, since they were bumped for low ticket sales.

The Athens venue look kind of small, more like a large club, 1800 to 2000 at most, which these days make it an enormous crowd for him.

althougt belgrade date came suddenly and out of turn, 4.000 people :) came. he has solid and stable fan-base in the region.

low sales are the result of bad tour-planning and clumsy organisation, his author's and musical significance is and will be out of the question.

Ready?

**clears throat**

well, not exactly.. not a good analogy
a painter paints , a decorator decorates ...and a singer sings.
when a painter exposes his works ,like say ... exposing around european galleries, he could easily cancel ,for whatever reason, his expositions.
when a singer is touring ( being on the road or on air, changing climates , trying to manage problems or challenges within the band or the crew, adjusting his mood and needs each time to fit the needs of his audience) he is expected to feel tired or even bored, he is after all human and not a cd player, he is expected to find it hard at least to fulfill his promised appointments.. and anyway noone is supposed to anything, try to relax , and enjoy what there is to enjoy. being miserable is not what you are supposed to be.

(and by the way , the concert tonight was powerful and so ,as always, dense..each word with its exact weight, apart the encore -how soon is now- due to a technical problem that proved enough to destroy the mood for at least the band)

fil

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom