Athens postponed

UPDATE 5:10 PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey's concert in Athens postponed, not because of his failing health - The Times Of Change

Excerpt:

The news came amidst speculation that his deteriorating health was the reason for the postponement, but it appears none of that is true. Morrissey missed the last leg of his flight from London to Athens due to a delay of the first leg from Dublin. Therefore tonight's Athens concert has been postponed with a new date to be announced soon. Already purchased tickets will naturally be valid for the new date.

An anonymous user posted in the earlier thread in Greek, had to use google translate:

We would like to inform you that according to the official announcement of the production scheduled today Morrissey concert postponed.

Will implement a new update with the new date of which will apply the same tickets.

We are at your disposal for any clarification or query tel 13855 & 2117700000 (Customer Service)
or via e-mail at [email protected]

Anonymous;1986892276 said:
Θα θέλαμε να σας ενημερώσουμε ότι σύμφωνα με την επίσημη ανακοίνωση της παραγωγής η προγραμματισμένη σημερινή συναυλία του Morrissey αναβλήθηκε.

Θα ακολουθήσει νέα ενημέρωση με την νέα ημερομηνία διεξαγωγής στην οποία θα ισχύουν τα ίδια εισιτήρια.

Είμαστε στην διάθεσή σας για οποιαδήποτε διευκρίνιση ή απορία στα τηλέφωνα 13855 & 2117700000 (Τμήμα Εξυπηρέτησης Πελατών) ή μέσω e-mail στο [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Athens postponed

I question them, yes, since this is a fan forum. Yet they come on here, day in day out, and lambast Moz (and us) with incessant hatred. I think it's worth debating.

I think everyone needs to cool down a bit. GS I see your point of view, but I don't see what JB, BB, RB and other Morrissey questioners post as "incessant hatred". In fact, I don't think you will find a post from any of them that states that they "hate Moz". And yes, it is worth debating. I don't think his last few albums were all that good...others do. I don't think he should be scheduling tours when his completion rate is less than 75%...others do. I think that some of his comments are made without much consideration to consequence or truth...others do.

I believe these individuals (short of maybe good ole' Benny the English Butcher...and even him sometimes) are quite reasonable, and more so than some of the (as BB puts it) Morrissey apostles. A "forum" is defined as "a place or opportunity for discussing a subject." Which (by the way) is the title of the tab I am currently posting under.

I think it was very selfish of him to cancel this gig at short notice, I mean when was the Dublin gig? Monday 1/12/14 and he couldn't make it to Greece on time?

I travelled from London and got there in plenty of time and spent a lovely few days for my birthday only to be disappointed by Morrissey cancelling AGAIN. NOT ONLY THAT, IT HAS BEEN RE SCHEDULED AND I CAN'T GO, AND I WON'T EVEN GET A REFUND, SO I SPENT 75 EUROS ON NOTHING..........

So if he cancelled due to ticket sales they'll be 2 less fans at this gig on 15/12/14..... if he turns up...........................

Does anyone think he will make the next date?

Back
Top Bottom