Morrissey defends Animal Rights

> http://www.peta2.org/ot/o-shake.html

Thanks for the link!

Morrissey says:
"Please don’t kill anything."

As a general rule that's good. But what do you suppose Morrissey's view on abortion is then?

That's what I like: A reply within 30 seconds of my posting! = )

> i just dont like fake meat. i ate fake chicken once before i went veggie.
> blech!

I agree with you about most of it. I puked when I tried one of those pseudo hot dogs. But Boca, they've got some good stuff. I like em on English muffins as a quickie meal.

hey, that's YOUR problem. jk.

i dont miss meat THAT much so i dont think im gonna bring the fake stuff into my life.

Re: Oaf defends Pot Smoker Rights

> Can you think of a good reason why you SHOULD shake smoking pot?

> I can't.

if i may chime in (and you thought i went to sleepy town)
you're so right about pot!
i do fancy the nightly water bong or three
I can't help it - i'm addicted
i see how people can be total drug addicts
i get stoned and listen to moz and all is gooooooood
hell for that matter, i can get stoned and do almost anything and be entertained.
buying pot (i know it supports terrorism but also supplies ample protection again glaucoma) actually saves me money in the long run
my ass stays home and i don't blow through money like it's dry kinddling (sp)

> That's what I like: A reply within 30 seconds of my posting! = )

> I agree with you about most of it. I puked when I tried one of those
> pseudo hot dogs. But Boca, they've got some good stuff. I like em on
> English muffins as a quickie meal.

those hot dogs are rank!
my f***in dog wouldn't even eat that when i tried to pawn it off on her.
the "chickless" veggie burgers are good though.
and walnuts are always a nice

> my philosophy is that some girls are bigger than others and that's just
> the way things are.

> i lead the life of a tee-totaller anyway. no meat, now. never touched a
> cig. been drunk once in my life. no drugs.

> i just despise exercise, always have. i like walking but i hate running
> with an ungodly passion. at one point, i was eating 800 calories a day and
> walking an average of 10 miles a week. did it make a bit of difference in
> my physique? no f***ing way. i'm healthy as a horse anyway, so i could
> care less.

i've smoked about a million cigs in my life
i stopped though
i had to justify my pot habit somehow

well he is kinda catholic isnt he? that would suggest that he doesnt think too highly of abortion. but then catholics dont think too highly of gays or bisexuals either.

> well he is kinda catholic isnt he? that would suggest that he doesnt think
> too highly of abortion. but then catholics dont think too highly of gays
> or bisexuals either.

Morrissey Catholic? No way, no day!

I've always wondered if there's an official PETA position on abortion.
I think they're afraid of that issue.

As for me, I'm for animal rights, but I'm a lot more concerned about
what's done to higher animals such as the great apes and pigs...and
cows...etc, than I am about animals that have little ability to
think and feel. And since I don't believe there's a human soul,
a human foetus - at least in the earliest stage - is like an amoeba.
And so while it IS killing, and it probably shouldn't be done
thoughtlessly, I don't lose sleep over it, I don't see it as the same as
a pig being led to slaughter.

morrissey was raised catholic and while he definitely disapproves of some of the things the church does or has done, he seems to have a soft spot for it. and he almost definitely believes in god. go figure. i have no idea what his exact religious affiliation is or if he even has one.

anyone see the interview where he jokingly (i hope) said he was considering becoming a mormon. as an ex-mormon, i'd have to take it upon myself to knock some sense into him, if it were true.

> morrissey was raised catholic and while he definitely disapproves of some
> of the things the church does or has done, he seems to have a soft spot
> for it. and he almost definitely believes in god. go figure. i have no
> idea what his exact religious affiliation is or if he even has one.

Children being raised catholic is certainly how the faith prevents itself from dying out, but that doesn't make him a catholic. You gotta believe that shit in your heart to be a catholic. I see no evidence he buys into it.
Even this PETA interview suggests he rejects it.

To my mind, one of the biggest obstacles to animal rights is Christianity.

> Children being raised catholic is certainly how the faith prevents itself
> from dying out, but that doesn't make him a catholic. You gotta believe
> that shit in your heart to be a catholic. I see no evidence he buys into
> it.
> Even this PETA interview suggests he rejects it.

> To my mind, one of the biggest obstacles to animal rights is Christianity.

from one lasped catholic to another

moz is a lasped catholic

Re: Dear God! What kind of freak would get the chance to meet Morrissey and decide THIS was the shir

> to wear?? It's just plain disrespectful to dress so shabbily in his
> presence.

You're right. That f***wit looks like he should be at Ozzfest.

Why isn't it something to be proud of? Everyone enjoys sex and looking at fit people.... why, I've spent many a happy hour with my copy of Hulmerist doing just that!

> it isnt really something to be proud about. but it is funny.

> but moz is happy when anyone becomes a veggie, regardless of their
> motives. nothing wrong with that, i suppose.

i'm trying to say that it is semi-retarded to make a lifestyle change contingent on some pinup who probably goes back and forth between vegetarianism and meat-eating depending on what's the fashion of the day (as many famous and/or rich people do).

> i dont miss meat THAT much so i dont think im gonna bring the fake stuff
> into my life.

I guess I do kinda need the quasi hamburger, as a comfort. But it's not like Boca burgers taste like hamburgers. They have their own taste which I quite like. Lots of meat eaters buy em too.

ive had a few veggie burgers. dont know the brand names, but it's like, if i want to eat mushrooms or nuts, i'll eat them. i dont want em in burger form.

i didnt even like burgers that much before i went veggie.

> As for me, I'm for animal rights, but I'm a lot more concerned about
> what's done to higher animals such as the great apes and pigs...and
> cows...etc, than I am about animals that have little ability to
> think and feel. And since I don't believe there's a human soul,
> a human foetus - at least in the earliest stage - is like an amoeba.
> And so while it IS killing, and it probably shouldn't be done
> thoughtlessly, I don't lose sleep over it, I don't see it as the same as
> a pig being led to slaughter.

i had a similar viewpoint until i saw the video on this website. http://www.silentscream.org

here are some excerpts from the transcript of the video which i have copied and pasted:

"this little person at twelve weeks is a fully formed, absolutely, identifiable human being."

"He has had brain waves for at least six weeks. His heart has been functioning for perhaps eight weeks. And all the rest of his human functions are indistinguishable from any of ours."

"The instrument then will come into direct contact with the child and with a pressure of approximately 55 or so millimeters of mercury, applied to the end of this instrument as it is attached to a long, thick suction tubing at this end and to the abortion instrumentation, that is the machine, at the other end, the suction suction tip will then begin to tear the child apart."

"The pieces of the body are torn away. One by one until finally all that remains are the shards of the body and the heads itself. The head will be too large to come through this instrument itself. This will necessitate the introduction of this instrument called a polyp forceps into the uterus through the already dilated cervix and the abortionist will then attempt to grasp the free floating head of the child in the uterus between the rings of this instrument. The head is then crushed, the contents of the head removed, and finally the bones of the head, and the abortion is then effectively at an end."

(while watching the abortion filmed via ultrasound) "we see the heart beating, here in the child's chest, The heart is beating at the rate of approximately 140 beats a minute. And we can see the child moving rather serenely, in the uterus. One can see it shifting position from time to time. It is still orientated in this manner and the mouth is receiving the thumb of the child. The child again is moving quietly in its sanctuary."

"Now this shadow that we are seeing, down at the bottom of the screen is the suction tip. We have colored the suction tip deliberately in order that you can discern it more clearly. The abortionist has now dilated the cervix and is now inserting this suction tip which you can see moving back and forth across the screen. You will note as the suction tip which is now over here, moves towards the child, the child will rear away from it and undergo much more violent and much more agitated movements. The child will move in a much more purposeful manner. Its orientation changes from to time. It is again rearing here. Now the suction tip has not actually touched the child, even though the child is extremely agitated and moving in a much more violent manner."

"The child has now moved back to the profile view and the suction tip is flashing across the screen. The child's mouth is now open... and we will see that in a freeze frame in a moment... but this suction tip which you can see moving violently back and forth on the bottom of the screen is the lethal instrument which will ultimately tear apart and destroy the child. It is only after the fluid has been broken, the sack has been disrupted, that the tip will actually come against the child. We can see the tip move back and forth as the abortionist seeks the child's body. Once again we can see the child's wide mouth open in a Silent Scream in this particular freeze frame. This is the silent scream of a child threatened eminently with extinction."

"Now the child's heart rate has speeded up dramatically. And the child's movements are violent at this point.It does sense aggression in its sanctuary. It is moving away ...one can see it moving to the left side of the uterus...in an attempt ... a pathetic attempt to escape the inextricable instruments which the abortionist is using to extinguish its life."

"Now the heart has again perceptibly speeded up. We can time this at approximately 200 beats per minute. There is no question that this child now senses the most mortal danger imaginable. The membrane has now has been punctured and the fluid has escaped. One no longer sees that large reservoir of fluid surrounding the child. But once the fluid, has been drained off, the suction tip has been firmly clapped to the child's body and the child is being pulled in a downward direction by the abortionist's suction tip with the negative pressure applied to it. And the body is being torn systematically from the head."

http://www.silentscream.org

Re: If you thought PETA guy's shirt was bad, check this out!

mozz27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom