Dublin - 3Arena (Dec. 1, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat is Murder / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick the Bride Down the Aisle / Mountjoy / Speedway + I Didn't Know What To Do + Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by setlist.fm, link posted by Morran.

Last edited:
proof!

I bet Morrissey did not play Smiths song in the 1991 Kill Uncle and 1992 Your Arsenal Tour

'and they say he's mentall' ...Beethoven was Deaf...

You'd win that bet. Morrissey didn't start playing Smiths songs until the 'Boxers' tour and from memory it was Shirtlifters and yeah London I think.

Like Wolverhampton '88, no Smiths songs?

Shoplifters and London were played extensively on the Your Arsenal tour...

Unless I've lost my mind, neither Shoplifters or London were ever played during the Your Arsenal tour. I'm quite positive that Shoplifters and London were not played until the Boxers tour in 1995. (1997 was a typo, apologies.) And yes, you've really caught me, I did not include the Wolverhampton one-off in my comment about Morrissey shows of yore.

My point, if you care to set aside the nitpicking, is that Morrissey has never had to rely on a back catalog to support his live shows.

It's so odd to me that you're simultaneously downloading the London concert from a couple of nights ago as you leave these comments. Why would you care to listen to a show put on by a band you think is poor/low energy, with a setlist consisting of songs you don't like? I really don't get it. That's not criticism on my part, it's confusion.

Unless I've lost my mind, neither Shoplifters or London were ever played during the Your Arsenal tour. I'm quite positive that Shoplifters and London were not played until the Boxers tour in 1995. (1997 was a typo, apologies.) And yes, you've really caught me, I did not include the Wolverhampton one-off in my comment about Morrissey shows of yore.

My point, if you care to set aside the nitpicking, is that Morrissey has never had to rely on a back catalog to support his live shows.

It's so odd to me that you're simultaneously downloading the London concert from a couple of nights ago as you leave these comments. Why would you care to listen to a show put on by a band you think is poor/low energy, with a setlist consisting of songs you don't like? I really don't get it. That's not criticism on my part, it's confusion.

Yeah, sorry, meant Boxers tour. Either way, Moz has always played Smiths songs in his sets.

The band back then were better, in my opinion, and even up to 2004 and Alain's playing on the Who put the M in Manchester DVD, the band were good.

I have enjoyed listening to concerts from recent times because I think Moz's voice is as good as it's ever been. The band is as weak as it's ever been. As for the new songs, I like them. They're certainly not classics, but they're certainly better than other crap that's out there at the moment. Trouble loves me and Yes, I am blind both sound superb. And this is thanks to Moz, not the hotel lobby backing band.

- - - Updated - - -

Mikey V. over Gustavo any day of the week...

Amazing concert. One of the best Moz gigs I've been to. He looked great ( although a bit too thin) but his voice has never been better. He chatted a fair bit and had tears in his eye when singing the words 'we all lose' during 'Mountjoy'.
'Asleep' was worth ticket price alone.
The video for Meat Is Murder was harrowing and really disgusted the crowd, so that was a complete success. Drummer seemed in bad mood. Rest of band in great form. Fantastic night.
Anna Calvi was really good and was well received.

I have seen Morrissey a number of times and I got to say tonights gig was a let down. He obviously ain't that well.
Usually there are a number of shirt changes but not tonight, he was fairly stationery for the gig.
And it started so well with TQID and a a great performance of Suedehead. Just too much of the most recent album made it a bit too sedate.
I personally prefer the likes of Vicar St, Olympia etc
Chris

I was at the gig and I've seen him 4 times before and it was (in my opinion) the best he's ever been. His voice is absolutely astounding at the moment. I don't go to see him to see him change his top. I'm a bit daft, I prefer to hear the music.

My first post, hopefully of many. I'm going to read the others first.

What can I say?
I was almost in tears at the end - it was probably the best Morrissey gig I've been to, and I've been to every gig he has played in Dublin.

What was so heart warming was that he seemed to love Dublin so much, and that showed in his attitude throughout the night.

I was buzzing for hours afterwards, and still am.....

From setlist.fm

The Queen Is Dead/Suedehead/Staircase at the University/World Peace Is None of Your Business/Kiss Me a Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/Smiler With Knife/The Bullfighter Dies/Trouble Loves Me/Neal Cassady Drops Dead/Meat is Murder/Scandinavia/Kick the Bride Down the Aisle/Mountjoy/Speedway//Asleep/Everyday Is Like Sunday

Update: Meat is Murder should be in there as well...

Last edited:
Been surfing on a Moz glow since the O2. Just a cursory glance here confirms that this place is full of poisonous Moz-hating c**nts. This website really is a disgrace. There's nothing else like it - not one other artist has a fansite that openly hates almost everything they do. What a very very very odd bunch Moz fans are.

(Not every single one of you - some are very sane and love the guy - but my god, there's some highly unpleasant humans on here!)

Always nice to see someone actually talk about the gig when they're on here rather than have arguments about set lists. The gig was wonderful. New songs (other than Scandinavia which was nice of him to play so people could go to the bar) were pretty excellent, Istanbul and Staircase being the highlights. Yes I Am Blind and Asleep were jaw dropping. Get the feeling we won't get to see him again. If so it was a fitting end to a stupendous live career. Head sore and all out of superlatives. Just very happy I made the effort to go and see him. Sing me to sleep indeed....

Worth every Penny. Highlights too numerous to mention but Yes I Am Blind and Mountjoy and Asleep and oh well all of it really. Great place to see him, he obviously loves playing Ireland and that shone through. Very responsive crowd too despite the set heavy WPINOYB songs. Which were brilliant in a live context.

Up there with my best Morrissey gigs but everything in life is subjective and I know others were a little disappointed,

And the after show was top notch too.

Been surfing on a Moz glow since the O2. Just a cursory glance here confirms that this place is full of poisonous Moz-hating c**nts. This website really is a disgrace. There's nothing else like it - not one other artist has a fansite that openly hates almost everything they do. What a very very very odd bunch Moz fans are.

(Not every single one of you - some are very sane and love the guy - but my god, there's some highly unpleasant humans on here!)

I agree. Lots of people with lots of issues on here.

You mean when they were good and full of energy and had a proper band and decent set lists?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo true, man!! Sister I'm A Poet, Hairdresser, Playboys, Loop, Jack The Ripper, Fatty, National Front Disco, Disappointed, don't need the Smiths, really. People appreciating 10 songs of this World Peace failure in the setlist are by the way not what I would call qualified to discuss a Morrissey Setlist.

Been to about 10 Moz gigs, this being the best. His voice has improved in the past few years.

Might be the last time. The man is ill... And sad too. Yes I am blind was a nice surprise.

Threw in a Gilbert song in the middle of speedwsy (which was slowed down to much as was a lot of the set for his comfort.?) Who h was a happy birthday to Mary..

There is a fan page actully worse...Stern Fan Network is the most hatefilled boards from fans. There is a thread of 32 thousand entries of crudely photoshopped characters on the show.

From setlist.fm

The Queen Is Dead/Suedehead/Staircase at the University/World Peace Is None of Your Business/Kiss Me a Lot/I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris/Istanbul/Smiler With Knife/The Bullfighter Dies/Trouble Loves Me/Neal Cassady Drops Dead/Meat is Murder/Scandinavia/Kick the Bride Down the Aisle/Mountjoy/Speedway//Asleep/Everyday Is Like Sunday

Update: Meat is Murder should be in there as well...

Did Speedway not follow MiM?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom