Antwerp - Stadsschouwburg (Nov. 26, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / One Of Our Own / How Soon Is Now? / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Scandinavia / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Satlook.

Last edited:
America seems to be coming to the realisation many Brits came to some years ago regarding Morrissey.

You and your mate Jon fat c*** wild come on here talking shit every day it seems, sort yourself out
I mean why bother? Mozza has achieved enough, your ridiculous comments are hardly going to wipe him from the history books

What makes me piss myself is that most of you "haters" say a different thing on Facebook
Jon wild is an arse licker on James Maker and Bozs page, they are too thick to know any different

Somebody needs to have a word with Moz about his setlist. Hoping for a few more older classics at eh O2 London gig - maybe from You are the Quarry?

the fact of the matter is that eating meat is commonplace today as it was centuries ago, and will never cease to be.
Moz, from the comfort of his high priced hotel suite, in full capitalistic mode, exhorts his poor followers to BUY stencils from him for an exorbitant price, so as they in turn can run afoul of the law? he could be doing some stenciling himself....
is he proposing that the judiciary be ignored in the Ferguson case? the USA does not run on the banana republic principles he seems to favor.

Hey Johnny, seriously. What is your goal? I've asked you this before, but you never answer.

If you deeply despise Morrissey, why do spend so much time thinking, reading and writing about him? What's the point? Why haven't you moved on?

Do you see yourself as some kind of superhero who has to put Morrissey back on track? Do you actually think that Morrissey reads your comments? Do you think that if he did, he'd decide to change and start pleasing you?

If the one you have to save isn't Morrissey, is it us? The fans? From what? Do you think that we're going to start some sort of dangerous revolution? Isn't that just... kind of... silly?

The whole thing just seems so utterly comical.

What is comical is the blind adulation on show in certain quarters here. I expect it of other Morrissey fan sites, where if you wait a day or two a post might be made, but my view of this site has always been that of a forum where free discussion and strident debate is encouraged. It might be symbolic of the fact Morrissey once stood for those things himself but no longer does, so the more fanatical followers are now almost a cult, circling the wagons at every faux pas. "Utoya? Well, I think what he meant to say was..." You might as well keep them circled. He seems incapable of opening his underbite without jumping in with both feet recently. "Jews? They're like chickens really..." Lovely, isn't he? What a charmer.

I've answered your question several times, including actually on this thread. You just don't like the answer, which is tough on you, but you will have to get over it, I'm afraid.

Would you like the answer again? I'll type it slowly, just for you: Morrissey is a public figure who uses his celebrity to advance his political opinion on a range of topics. So far, so good. Up to here I have no problem.

However, Morrissey goes further. He often lies and spreads outright disinformation and propaganda on a range of topics, yet refuses point blank to put himself in front of those who will challenge him. He conducts interviews by email, and believes - and has said as much - that he does not have to qualify his opinion. I disagree, so when he oversteps the mark, as he did today on Ferguson, I call him out.

There are a lot of people you could condemn over what happened to Michael Brown, but Obama, legally and constitutionally, is not one of them. If Morrissey blamed the Governor, the Police Chief, the entire police department, the Grand Jury, or even Brown himself, then I'd say, fine, that's your opinion. Instead he chooses the biggest target he can, in my opinion to gain column inches to flog more tickets. I believe he is that jaded and that cynical.

There are many reasons to be concerned about the actions of some US police departments. The shooting of the twelve year old in Cleveland is a very good recent example. Personally, I've been shocked at the numerous reports of pet dogs being shot dead for looking at a cop sideways. Now there's an issue Morrissey could tackle and get my full support, yet he goes for the main headline. Why? Because he thinks it makes the tills ring.

I'm not a fan of Morrissey's mentor Russell Brand particularly, but Brand does not tend to embroider his opinions with out and out lies. Morrissey does as a matter of course, and that is the difference.

Now, I've given you a full, respectful answer. If you don't like it I suggest you contact the moderating team or the site owner to get me banned.

As for me I'll be expecting some gobshite nonsense from Morrissey to get himself in the British press ahead of the O2 show in London this weekend. By some accounts ticket sales are a little lethargic.

I might then ponder just why we've yet to hear of a slot on the Jonathan Ross show, and if we know Ross is a fan and wants him, what is the delay? As he is playing the O2 in London in 48 hours and Ross is promoting Barry Manilow as his musical guest this weekend he seems to be leaving it a little late.

Perhaps there will be an announcement in the next few hours. If there isn't where might that leave Morrissey's claims earlier this year that no-one had asked him to do any TV anywhere and it was all Harvest's fault?

You still hasn't answered the question of why you still come here, clearly not many people give a shite about YOUR views either you knob

Johnny, for f-s sake. You feeling the need to "call Morrissey out" is outright preposterous. Your idea of yourself is ludicrious. You as this saviour who will save us all from Morrisseys "lies and propaganda". I just wish someone would save us from YOUR propaganda! Breathe for a moment and reflect on how you behave and what you do.

And let's be frank. There must be something more worthwhile for you to do than just sit here day in day out and spew cynicism and vitriol on an artist you clearly despise? You've let us all know how you feel and what Moz is really like (ahem...), so why don't you just move on now? There's nothing more you can do here. Morrissey, as you perceive him, will not change. No matter what you say about him. Think of all the time you could be spending on something a bit more substantial!
And even if you do come here just to spite us, the fans, and f*** with us, isn't that just as pathetic? Hasn't that joke played its course a long time ago?
And this goes for Benny and Skinny, as well. You are all grown men (wth families?). Shape the f*** up, man.

I would say that the fact that Morrissey is able to schedule an o2 date with no label, no airplay and no promo is an achievement in itself. Yes, there are still tickets going, but through the official channels they are mostly restricted view. I'm sorry, but I just want to go and enjoy this show like it may be the last. I can't understand why anyone would invest so much negative energy in an artist they consider a hypocrite. I couldn't even listen to the music if I held that belief so strongly.

This is the part of your argument where when read my brain shuts down and says "NEXT." and moves on to ideas more worthwhile.

Because you are like those people who put a blind eye to it and only backed Obama cause of his race and that is being racist which you so clearly are and now one idol of yours criticise the other and that was my xmas present of 2014.

Thank you Morrissey!

He is happy to pretend he has cancer, while he thinks nothing of insulting and using the deaths of terror victims in Utoya or even Holocaust victims. It is all grist to his perverted mill. If it sells tickets he's fine with it, and apparently, because you too are a moral vacuum, you are as well. That's fine.

I'm not OK with it, and I'll continue to say so.

Yeah, you seem to be really effective.

This is the best you got? Calling out a pop singer and considering yourself brave for using a pseudonym?

You're frying guppies, fair boy.

Because you are like those people who put a blind eye to it and only backed Obama cause of his race and that is being racist which you so clearly are and now one idol of yours criticise the other and that was my xmas present of 2014.

Thank you Morrissey!

There is exactly one person making this about race and that is you. I see Obama as a president. You see him as a black president, and not even a full black president, just one of those half black presidents. Please keep talking, the inanity is hilarious.

What is comical is the blind adulation on show in certain quarters here. I expect it of other Morrissey fan sites, where if you wait a day or two a post might be made, but my view of this site has always been that of a forum where free discussion and strident debate is encouraged. It might be symbolic of the fact Morrissey once stood for those things himself but no longer does, so the more fanatical followers are now almost a cult, circling the wagons at every faux pas. "Utoya? Well, I think what he meant to say was..." You might as well keep them circled. He seems incapable of opening his underbite without jumping in with both feet recently. "Jews? They're like chickens really..." Lovely, isn't he? What a charmer.

I've answered your question several times, including actually on this thread. You just don't like the answer, which is tough on you, but you will have to get over it, I'm afraid.

Would you like the answer again? I'll type it slowly, just for you: Morrissey is a public figure who uses his celebrity to advance his political opinion on a range of topics. So far, so good. Up to here I have no problem.

However, Morrissey goes further. He often lies and spreads outright disinformation and propaganda on a range of topics, yet refuses point blank to put himself in front of those who will challenge him. He conducts interviews by email, and believes - and has said as much - that he does not have to qualify his opinion. I disagree, so when he oversteps the mark, as he did today on Ferguson, I call him out.

There are a lot of people you could condemn over what happened to Michael Brown, but Obama, legally and constitutionally, is not one of them. If Morrissey blamed the Governor, the Police Chief, the entire police department, the Grand Jury, or even Brown himself, then I'd say, fine, that's your opinion. Instead he chooses the biggest target he can, in my opinion to gain column inches to flog more tickets. I believe he is that jaded and that cynical.

There are many reasons to be concerned about the actions of some US police departments. The shooting of the twelve year old in Cleveland is a very good recent example. Personally, I've been shocked at the numerous reports of pet dogs being shot dead for looking at a cop sideways. Now there's an issue Morrissey could tackle and get my full support, yet he goes for the main headline. Why? Because he thinks it makes the tills ring.

I'm not a fan of Morrissey's mentor Russell Brand particularly, but Brand does not tend to embroider his opinions with out and out lies. Morrissey does as a matter of course, and that is the difference.

Now, I've given you a full, respectful answer. If you don't like it I suggest you contact the moderating team or the site owner to get me banned.

As for me I'll be expecting some gobshite nonsense from Morrissey to get himself in the British press ahead of the O2 show in London this weekend. By some accounts ticket sales are a little lethargic.

I might then ponder just why we've yet to hear of a slot on the Jonathan Ross show, and if we know Ross is a fan and wants him, what is the delay? As he is playing the O2 in London in 48 hours and Ross is promoting Barry Manilow as his musical guest this weekend he seems to be leaving it a little late.

Perhaps there will be an announcement in the next few hours. If there isn't where might that leave Morrissey's claims earlier this year that no-one had asked him to do any TV anywhere and it was all Harvest's fault?

Wow, instead of typing this rant you could have just admitted that you don't really know why you do this. That you're just being irrational. It's okay, people are pretty irrational.

You seem to know a lot more about his schedule than I do.

You didn't give me an answer. The question remains: why do you feel that you have to call him out? Do you think that he reads your posts? I can assure you that he doesn't. Frankly, the whole idea is quite delusional. What do you think that would happen if you just stopped?

I'm not vegan, but I've studied boring things like logic, and I can say that "Jews? They're like chickens really..." shows that you don't really understand what Morrissey's saying. He's not saying that "Jews are like chickens really", he's saying that "really, chickens are like people" in terms of their capacity to suffer. This seems to be a scientific fact. Chickens are more intelligent than human toddlers, and it is very likely that they're able to experience physical and mental pain in the same way that we do. If someone says that the suffering of an animal matters as much as the suffering of a human being, you think that they're saying that humans have as little value that you think that animals have. Really, they're not taking any value away from humans. They're saying that humans are just as important as you think humans are, but that other animals matter too. You may consider animals unimportant, but people like Morrissey don't. I can understand why you're upset, but in the end, it's just your prejudice playing a trick on you.

the fact of the matter is that eating meat is commonplace today as it was centuries ago, and will never cease to be.

Why? "The fact of the matter is that slavery is legal today as it was centuries ago, and will never cease to be", said someone some centuries ago. They were wrong.

You still hasn't answered the question of why you still come here, clearly not many people give a shite about YOUR views either you knob

I refer you to Antwerp 2: Revenge of the Red Sweater.

I'm not vegan, but I've studied boring things like logic, and I can say that "Jews? They're like chickens really..." shows that you don't really understand what Morrissey's saying. He's not saying that "Jews are like chickens really", he's saying that "really, chickens are like people" in terms of their capacity to suffer. This seems to be a scientific fact. Chickens are more intelligent than human toddlers, and it is very likely that they're able to experience physical and mental pain in the same way that we do. If someone says that the suffering of an animal matters as much as the suffering of a human being, you think that they're saying that humans have as little value that you think that animals have. Really, they're not taking any value away from humans. They're saying that humans are just as important as you think humans are, but that other animals matter too. You may consider animals unimportant, but people like Morrissey don't. I can understand why you're upset, but in the end, it's just your prejudice playing a trick on you.

Quite well-said. Thank you.

There is exactly one person making this about race and that is you. I see Obama as a president. You see him as a black president, and not even a full black president, just one of those half black presidents. Please keep talking, the inanity is hilarious.

Now you are really struggling here getting out of the hole you put yourself in. Just admit that you are one of many white people who feel guilt for your own race and that made you back Obama and forget his mother is white and that she raised her. Your type of racism is a phenomenon we see now on a large scale where you actually deny your own race and rights in favour for something that you feel is better just because of guilt passed down from generation to generation.

That is something we have seen for very long now where you live and it is spreading across the world but it will do no one any favours in the end because the racism you think you are fighting is in fact the highlight and pinnacle of your own very stupid agenda. Just be yourself, you should try it, it is not that bad you know.

Morrissey sees him as that as well, as not even a full black president and he is right of course because Obama is mixed race and never ever lived a life with black people but was raised in a very white environment. Morrissey had every right to criticise him and that made me think more highly of him but the fun part was that your Obama agenda got shot down by someone who make you spend all day on these pages and that is very funny.

Morrissey is the famous rockstar and Obama is the president. Just saying that since you mixed them up and seem to back Obama even if he failed and did nothing for you or your country and least of all the world on a whole. A ceremonial puppy is what he is and will be remembered for.

Wow, instead of typing this rant you could have just admitted that you don't really know why you do this. That you're just being irrational. It's okay, people are pretty irrational.

You seem to know a lot more about his schedule than I do.

You didn't give me an answer. The question remains: why do you feel that you have to call him out? Do you think that he reads your posts? I can assure you that he doesn't. Frankly, the whole idea is quite delusional. What do you think that would happen if you just stopped?

We're still waiting, Johnny.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom