"Meat Is Murder" stencil concert merchandise

Flrn writes in the Berlin post-show comments:

"...Right before Meat Is Murder he presented a stencil, exclaiming that Berlin might even more beautiful if everybody'd be using it in Order to spray paint public buildings."

Also mentioned in the thread it was sold for 10 € at the concert.

Image from orteras / Instagram:

stencil.jpg

As an anonymous person posted, the stencil is a cow compared to PETA's original pig stencil:

MorrisseyPETApavementstencil1PR200514.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it and it sends a TRUE message to the masses about the truly disgusting nature of factory farming across the world....

I agree with you Crystal . When seeing the first stencil painting I thought what a shame to trash beautiful granite block. A cement sidewalk is one thing but nice stonework ??? Chickpea, evennow , Harsh Truth ...... I ditto your comments . It is VANDALISM ! I guess a few of the above must have never had to scrub this stuff off of a wall . Not an easy task ! Leaving discolors and stains once the paint is removed . Tag/ stencil your own stuff. If you own a building downtown....... go at it . Paint Meat is Murder on all sides and stand behind your work. Don't paint it up and run like a coward , hidding in the bushes to see the reaction .

I love it and it sends a TRUE message to the masses about the truly disgusting nature of factory farming across the world....

It sends a message alright!
Kerching ! Selling yes selling stencils they're not even free, so kids can go and do his dirty work for him, it's called making bullets for others to fire and get in trouble on his behalf.

MORRISSEY ! THE SALFORD SO CALLED HARDCASE WHO RAN AWAY LIKE A GIRL INSTEAD OF TAKING ON A COUPLE OF OLD BLOKES CALLED THE DUCK DYNASTY.

You couldn't make it up

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Question ?
Would you be happy to see Salford lads club covered in this graffiti ?

yeah whole cities full of graffity sprayed, and a just a small stencil is vandalism

again a black/white discussion, not knowing there a whole gap of grey

It's pesonal, if you want to make a statement do it, if not , don't buy it, out!

'and they say he's mentall'...Alma Matters...[mhh not even a setlist from Antwerp yesterday evening, or a good revieuw, well 1 or 2]

I am not a vegetarian, but I don't have much problems with this. Yes, it is vandalism in a way. But I prefer seeing slogans like this rather than the usual tags and other dumb graffiti you see everywhere. I don't mind it being done, but please try and cause as little unnecessary damage as possible.
Yes, the meat industry have a lot more money than animal rights activists, so this is at least a good way to spread the word. And though I do not approve of all of Peta's tactics and stupid conspiracy theories, I do think the world would be a better place if animals were treated better.

yeah whole cities full of graffity sprayed, and a just a small stencil is vandalism

again a black/white discussion, not knowing there a whole gap of grey
Yes, it is vandalism. That an entire city might already be besmirched with graffiti neither changes that nor justifies it.

I am not a vegetarian, but I don't have much problems with this. Yes, it is vandalism in a way. But I prefer seeing slogans like this rather than the usual tags and other dumb graffiti you see everywhere. I don't mind it being done, but please try and cause as little unnecessary damage as possible.
If you're really concerned about minimizing unnecessary damage, it seems odd to be advocating for the wholly unnecessary defacement of property---public or private. Just because the message being conveyed meets your arbitrary value judgement of what is preferable to see doesn't make it warranted, nor does it only make it vandalism "in a way". There are countless beautiful, illicit murals on buildings, bridges and other structures in cities the world over, and they can be objects of aesthetic appreciation, but that doesn't change the fact that they are a result of the intentional distortion of property without consent.

Add me to the list of non-meat eaters who think this is a misstep on Morrissey's part.

Yes, I would. Don't people already write their names and favorite lyrics on the outside of the building? Perhaps the owner would give consent to have this awesome stencil sprayed somewhere inside or outside. I personally give consent to have it sprayed on my house. I don't own a house yet, but when I do I will call one of you awesome people who purchased the stencil and paint to put this great artwork and message on my property! What size is it? (So I can choose the best spot.)

Question ?
Would you be happy to see Salford lads club covered in this graffiti ?

Re: Article: "Meat Is Murder" stencil concert merchandise

Is it OK for McDonald's and KFC to spread their vicious message 'all over the place', but not OK for 'poor crofters' and normal people who care about animal life to raise awareness about the issue?
Is this not an issue it should be spread information about?
Just something I wondered about.

It's not a matter of spreading information, but rather the manner in which it is done. Having signs and billboards is far different than spray painting public property. Private v. Public...simple as that...public buildings belong to ALL the people whether you feel like a disenfranchised vegetarian or are a steak eating carnivore. I don't get why that is so hard to understand.

Rent a sign, pay for a billboard or tv commercial, there is no need for a criminal act to get your views across.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you Crystal . When seeing the first stencil painting I thought what a shame to trash beautiful granite block. A cement sidewalk is one thing but nice stonework ??? Chickpea, evennow , Harsh Truth ...... I ditto your comments . It is VANDALISM ! I guess a few of the above must have never had to scrub this stuff off of a wall . Not an easy task ! Leaving discolors and stains once the paint is removed . Tag/ stencil your own stuff. If you own a building downtown....... go at it . Paint Meat is Murder on all sides and stand behind your work. Don't paint it up and run like a coward , hidding in the bushes to see the reaction .

:clap:

I just had some bar-b-que ribs while reading this thread.

#Delicious

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom