Essen - Colosseum (Nov. 24, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / The Queen Is Dead / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Scandinavia / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Viva Mozza, order corrected by an anonymous person.

• Photos by Christoph! / Flickr (32 total), review. Link posted by -Christoph-.

essen.jpg
  • Zuschauer stürmen Morrissey-Konzert in Essen - Fans sauer - Waz.de (30 photos by Sebastian Konopka). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert im Essener Colosseum ab - Ruhr Nachrichten (21 photos by Dennis Werner). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert ab! - Bild.de (1 photo by Marc Oliver Hänig). Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photos by sabinebrenda / Flickr (14 total). Link posted by May.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go to the front gate to see Morrissey these days. Besides, I find playing World Peace loud and shining a torch on an old catcher's mitt gives much the same effect at a fraction of the price.

Yet you come on here everyday, what a hypocrite you are as well as being a tosser.

Dear God - please don't say you're going to be at the O2, the tone will be lowered severely. All we need is Barleycorn the Bollix to complete the set.

Jay

Wouldn't miss this for the world Jay, after the performance there will be a limited number of stencils and t-shirts available outside with the words "Save more penny's shop at Bennys" or "Eating meat is none of your beeswax" on the reverse "f*** Tosserry".
Also available free samples of my award winning sausages and a good friend is letting us bring some Bury black puddings, lean ones as well (thanks Cliff)
There is a free Christmas hamper (includes huge turkey)for any Benny references during meat is tasty.
Let's just hope he doesn't pull a sicky due to poor ticket sales and if he does perform let's pray he performs more than the minimum six songs before throwing his rattles out the pram.
Whatever it's gonna be meaty, enjoy.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

My problem with the quote is that he prefaces his statement by distancing himself from "Americans" as though they are particularly shameful because of a traditional holiday. There are as many animals if not more killed for Christmas and Easter dinner even though there isn't a clever pun that can be assigned, but it's those dirty, no good Americans that are KILLING all the animals. And he's not one of them. But his f***ING BAND IS. They have to sit there and be shamed then help him play his song? :squiffy: Moz needs some delivery pro tips so he can avoid these logic twists that don't sit well.

He should make his mind up about these American turkey slayers, as I posted earlier Skyarts have been screening "Tosserrey 25 hand-jive" , in it he spouts to the American turkey munchers "I love you, I love you, I love you".
It seems Tosserrey has got more heads than Worzel Gummidge, the best thing about the screening was Skyarts cut out and saved the viewers from having to listen to that stupid idiot Russell Braindamage read the intro.
Did you know Mr Braindamage the leader of the revolution has booked a very expensive ticket on board the Virgin space flight ?
Fingers crossed his flight ends like the last one but everyone else on board survives.

You're proud of murdering turkeys? What do *I* have to do with you being a murderer? I'm not your victim, the animals are. You might try long-pig if it wasn't illegal and less easy of a kill. Coward.

I love turkey and I look forward to having a lot of it on Thursday.

As vegetarians/vegan can be proud of their eating habits, so can I.

I will Not change for you.

So, as an American I must say I do like this quote from his show:

"I'm not American. The Americans celebrate "Thankskilling" this week, but they call it Thanksgiving. Does anobody know why they call it ThanksGIVING, when they kill so many animals to celebrate?"

I've never liked "Thanksgiving." And Morrissey is directly responsible for my vegan eating as The Smiths Meat is Murder really impacted me when I first heard and digested it which was soooo long ago.

I'm not looking to open a food-fight about thanksgiving. All I'm saying is I really like the quote.

I agree! Fred and I were talking about how, even as kids, we didn't understand how the holiday worked. We always felt odd celebrating our gratitude for what we had by digging into an animal who died in order for us to "give thanks." It never added up. I liked that he addressed it, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree! Fred and I were talking about how, even as kids, we didn't understand how the holiday worked. We always felt odd celebrating our gratitude for what we had by digging into an animal who died in order for us to "give thanks." It never added up. I liked that he addressed it, too.

Okay but only since you asked.

Thanksgiving is always on a THURSDAY or THOR'S Day, reminiscent of the Norse God Thor. Thor is basically the same as Zeus. Thor is pulled in a chariot by two goats which he devours first then resurrects. A whisper awakens a departed soul and often that whisper is a prayer. It is common practice for families to PRAY for the cornucopia that is the feast of Thor, the sacrifice of which instead of two goats, is FORTY SIX MILLION TURKEYS. All these turkeys are taking one for the team because they are forming the ghost army that will come back and whisper into all the graphic designers and marketing executives to at first subliminally and eventually literally sing the praises of vegetarianism.

Call me a koook, I've got this shit figured out. THere's a reason for the season and the turkeys are winter to bring the spring that is the spirit. Now of course THEY didn't sign up for this job, but it's happening.

*in the distance somebody's thinking omg wtf? im out :D

Simple bumpkin? As a fan of both sports, it takes A LOT more athletic ability, courage, & most importantly, intelligence to play & scheme American football than football. Period.
Yes, simple bumpkin look it up. And how many "time outs" does the nfl get and how many does premier league, series a, mls, etc get?
Save your so-called intelligence (8-10 coaches) and laughable courage (helmets, pads, subs, etc) for those drinking the same small glass of kool-aid that you are swallowing. Stop being so thick.

No . Only half of them are about Moz and concert . The rest are about turkeys, football and Benny The Butcher . Keep up the good work Benny . Your wit is needed on this site.

I just saw Johnny Marr tonight in Chicago and he played How Soon is Now also. Well, I wonder whose was better???? Marr also played great renditions of Still Ill, Panic, Bigmouth, There is a Light, Please & Headmaster Ritual. Just sayin'.

I just saw Johnny Marr tonight in Chicago and he played How Soon is Now also. Well, I wonder whose was better???? Marr also played great renditions of Still Ill, Panic, Bigmouth, There is a Light, Please & Headmaster Ritual. Just sayin'.

I'm glad you said 'played' because I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't have 'sung' them better than SPM :lbf:

No . Only half of them are about Moz and concert . The rest are about turkeys, football and Benny The Butcher . Keep up the good work Benny . Your wit is needed on this site.

You are kindness in its self Guernie. There's a meat hamper ! It weighs so heavie on my back on its way to you.

Shame that some idiots destroyed the encore. But is was very easy to jump on the stage. No barriers, only 3 or 4 local security, I wondered that no one jumped on the stage earlier.

I don't know if Morrissey's mood is still the same, but the word was passed onto the travelling fans earlier in the tour (via the crew), that stage invasions were definately not welcome from the big fella this time round, which is why at least most of the regular suspects have been showing restraint and not jumping on stage and bum-rushing him every single night. Sure, we all want a hug, but let's just remember that the guy has been very ill for the past 3 years, and for all we know may still be feeling pretty fragile, and/or undergoing cancer treatment. The last thing he needs is to get toppled over by an invader, injured and the tour scrapped - so yeah, maybe a little restraint at least until the guy is 100% fighting fit again.

@Manicboy: I had the pleasure of seeing Johnny play those very songs a couple of weeks ago in Germany and from a guitar point of view, Morrissey's rendition just does not compare (especially during HOW SOON IS NOW). Singing-wise Johnny only takes second place I guess...

during the 'speedway' pause in berlin he sang/said: "you know i can be found, sitting here all alone (elvis)… /so… what now? … you're being watched. …do it! i dare you. do it!" and when the audience started chanting 'morrissey morrissey morrissey', he replied: "i didn't mean that!"

I don't know if Morrissey's mood is still the same, but the word was passed onto the travelling fans earlier in the tour (via the crew), that stage invasions were definately not welcome from the big fella this time round, which is why at least most of the regular suspects have been showing restraint and not jumping on stage and bum-rushing him every single night. Sure, we all want a hug, but let's just remember that the guy has been very ill for the past 3 years, and for all we know may still be feeling pretty fragile, and/or undergoing cancer treatment. The last thing he needs is to get toppled over by an invader, injured and the tour scrapped - so yeah, maybe a little restraint at least until the guy is 100% fighting fit again.

Someone needs to pass this on to the hollier-tha-thou brigade, ala, Mongy Stephen from Edinburgh, Dirty Paul from Derby, Queue Master Chris, and the new, self-proclaimed 'super-fans, Dave Lewin and his smelly Girl-friend, and his little harem. Nothing but parsites of the worst order. Wonder what has become of manchester scrounger Curtis?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom