Essen - Colosseum (Nov. 24, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / The Queen Is Dead / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Scandinavia / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Viva Mozza, order corrected by an anonymous person.

• Photos by Christoph! / Flickr (32 total), review. Link posted by -Christoph-.

essen.jpg
  • Zuschauer stürmen Morrissey-Konzert in Essen - Fans sauer - Waz.de (30 photos by Sebastian Konopka). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert im Essener Colosseum ab - Ruhr Nachrichten (21 photos by Dennis Werner). Link posted by Viva Mozza.
  • Morrissey bricht Konzert ab! - Bild.de (1 photo by Marc Oliver Hänig). Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photos by sabinebrenda / Flickr (14 total). Link posted by May.

Last edited:
When will you Euros and Brits ever give this up? There has been a lot more Baseball and real Football players (not kickball) with the last name of Morrissey in the USA.

I'm just happy Morrissey is still alive after his German shows after comparing the McDonald's "M" to a German swastika.

Concerning the entering few a...holes at the end i' m quoting an old Smiths song: "how can someone so dumb do things so bad?" This was really a sad end of an abolutely great gig! And no, people, Morrissey has never ever ended a gig when people entered the stage, and he is right doing that.

Let it be known !
Stage invasions are stage managed by his hired hands.
Me and Mrs Benny took our place in the queue on the video filmed at Blackpool.
It doesn't just happen, it's planned, this latest stunt is probably a Warsaw patch up spin exercise.
Just watched 25 live on Sky arts because I refuse to part with hard earned cash on the silly twunt, what a load of shite ! My kids where taking the piss laughing at the microphone shit (America ? So much to answer for !)
Tosserrey, wise up and sack the f***ing lot of em otherwise stop being a drama queen and f*** off and die you big girls blouse !
To cancer or not to cancer ? Tosserrey answer the f***ing question

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Proof that you are a lying c***, loads of my friends were there and climbed on as they did innsheffield, the re was no queuing at all you liar

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great show, lovely venue, poor security (4 guys in suits who couldn't cope with the situation), great setlist, chatty Mozzer, some crazy guys invading the stage (why all at once? Why? Why after what just happened in Poland? Dumbf****)

After getting sone sleep I can say: still an awesome evening!

Oh, stage invasions...!

Yesterday, unfortunately, the Berlin audience was a bit lame, in this respect. I think no one even tried (as far as I could see). However, it was a great gig, and an enthusiastic crowd, and I really hope that there will be a next time in Berlin. Fingers crossed for health and spirits! (and sorry for my English)

Berlin was very poor and as I already mentioned, the sound was not very good :-(

Best Concert I have been to.
Great performance by Morrissey and the Band.
Considering this could have been the last Concert I was honoured to witness, I say thanks to those idiots
that invaded the stage... This man is 55 and ill... a little respect would have been great...

Thank you Morrissey

If anyone remotely cares, here's the setlist in the correct order:

Suedehead / Staircase At The University / The Queen Is Dead / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Scandinavia / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Istanbul / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / Speedway // Everyday Is Like Sunday

So glad I didn't part with any cash on that "25 hand-jive" film ! It was f***in bobbins. Oujiboard ! Jesus I didn't recognise it, that Jesse needs to turn it down or off altogether, meat is murder ! I think Jesse is murder is more like it, terrible.
What's with the passing the mic shit ? So f***ing cheesy, we don't need none of that shit at the 02 thankyou very much, it's not British and it's NOT clever.

3-4 stage invaders vs 8 security guys?! i wouldn't bother singing either when a bunch of people wrestle IN FRONT of me.

So glad I didn't part with any cash on that "25 hand-jive" film ! It was f***in bobbins. Oujiboard ! Jesus I didn't recognise it, that Jesse needs to turn it down or off altogether, meat is murder ! I think Jesse is murder is more like it, terrible.
What's with the passing the mic shit ? So f***ing cheesy, we don't need none of that shit at the 02 thankyou very much, it's not British and it's NOT clever.

Dear God - please don't say you're going to be at the O2, the tone will be lowered severely. All we need is Barleycorn the Bollix to complete the set.

Jay

Berlin was very poor and as I already mentioned, the sound was not very good :-(

Berlin was very poor?! Berlin was one of the best 5 Moz shows I´ve been too - and I´ve been to more than 25 gigs (incl. Alex Palace 1992, Earls Court 2004, Manchster 2009).

Greetings from Bremen
Joe

Let it be known !
Stage invasions are stage managed by his hired hands.
Me and Mrs Benny took our place in the queue on the video filmed at Blackpool.
It doesn't just happen, it's planned, this latest stunt is probably a Warsaw patch up spin exercise.
Just watched 25 live on Sky arts because I refuse to part with hard earned cash on the silly twunt, what a load of shite ! My kids where taking the piss laughing at the microphone shit (America ? So much to answer for !)
Tosserrey, wise up and sack the f***ing lot of em otherwise stop being a drama queen and f*** off and die you big girls blouse !
To cancer or not to cancer ? Tosserrey answer the f***ing question

low stage = stage invasion.. nothing planned, maybe he did it that time for you, but it does not mean every single invasion is planned, as most of the invaders will vouch for this fact... that reminds me benny *why do you hang around, and w.... * regards, manc lad

It was a fantastic gig, much more better as Rome in October. A nice Location, a Theatre, 1.500 capacity, all seated, but no one has been sitting. The crowd was enthusiatic, M was in a goog mood and it seemed, that he has enjoyed the concert. Shame that some idiots destroyed the encore. But is was very easy to jump on the stage. No barriers, only 3 or 4 local security, I wondered that no one jumped on the stage earlier. Not a nice end of a great Show, but I believe, that M will remember this Show as one of the better ones. I saw many People were shocked of the movie during Meat is Murder, I don`t watch this anymore.
Anna Calvi was also great. Overall a fantastic evening. Thank You Morrissey!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom