Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Some other tweet reports

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW 3 minil y a 3 minutes

"we will continue and we will defend M through it all We will keep him healthy and safe...promise". - #gustavomanzur #morrissey #warsaw

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW 4 minil y a 4 minutes

"I got on the mic and defended M because I was a bit angry". #gustavomanzur #morrissey #warsaw

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't the good people of Lincoln (?) provoke him last year by doing absolutely nothing wrong? Perhaps there was another Morrissey misunderstanding tonight. We know he has form for it.

What happened in Lincoln ?

What happened in Lincoln ?

Was it Lincoln where they shouted out "Boring!" when he talked about the drive and he thought they meant him? It might have been Goosefat, Wyoming. One of those mid-Western towns.

I'm so confused about these quotes from Gustavo. He came out and said all that on stage?

Nope. Clover Dean, Moz's number 1 LA stalker is friends with him on Facebook and she decided to tweet the private conversation they had on FB.

I don't get the point of going to a concert and provoking the singer you went to hear ? I hope the guy was totally drunk to justify that kind of behaviour !

I don't even think he was provoked, that's the problem. From everything we've read here so far, there's a consensus that Morrissey asked his audience a question, he got dozens of responses, and in those responses, he misinterpreted something that he thought was an insult.

"We miss you in Old Trafford?" "Just say it?" It was hardly 'f*** off, ya old c***.'

Whatever it was, it was very benign -- nothing a seasoned lead singer couldn't just brush off and continue with the show. Getting hit with a plastic cup of beer or a shoe, OK, I can see how a delicate hothouse flower such as Morrissey would storm off the stage. But to take his ball and leave because he may or may not have heard something that sounded like an insult? For f***'s sake, that's a move that singers like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey would pull.

Moments later the band returned to stage to say that they didn't travel that far to be insulted and the demanded the person be removed so that Morrissey would return.

f*** EVERYTHING about this.
If that's what happened that's a f***ing joke.

1 rude comment means everyone else has to suffer?

Maybe on a nightly basis someone will say something rude and the shows will be 4 or 5 songs long at most.

I don't even think he was provoked, that's the problem. From everything we've read here so far, there's a consensus that Morrissey asked his audience a question, he got dozens of responses, and in those responses, he misinterpreted something that he thought was an insult.

"We miss you in Old Trafford?" "Just say it?" It was hardly 'f*** off, ya old c***.'

Whatever it was, it was very benign -- nothing a seasoned lead singer couldn't just brush off and continue with the show. Getting hit with a plastic cup of beer or a shoe, OK, I can see how a delicate hothouse flower such as Morrissey would storm off the stage. But to take his ball and leave because he may or may not have heard something that sounded like an insult? For f***'s sake, that's a move that singers like Celine Dion or Mariah Carey would pull.

Our singer loves so much to sing about gangs, crime, criminals... And get offended about a slight remark from the audience.

Come on Mozz, there is smthg wrong, really. A concert is not a sleeping thing, no ?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe someone shouted something in Polish and he understood it the wrong way ? :paranoid::paranoid:

Hey, on the bright side, this is the fastest the post show forum has filled up after any of this tours gigs :D

Hey, on the bright side, this is the fastest the post show forum has filled up after any of this tours gigs :D

I was thinking the bright side was the audience was spared listening to Meat is Murder.... AGAIN.

Can anyone confirm what time he came on stage at? I'm going to Krakow and I've been told these concerts are starting early.
Cheers

A kind of record !

But as we say in my country : "No one likes to talk about the trains that arrived on time"

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone confirm what time he came on stage at? I'm going to Krakow and I've been told these concerts are starting early.
Cheers

Almost the same time he left the stage :D

- - - Updated - - -

I was thinking the bright side was the audience was spared listening to Meat is Murder.... AGAIN.

No : seeing those images again (the song is nice, no ?)

...I would really defend Moz to the hilt if anyone did say anything offensive to him but really from being there you could see his expression and body language change the second someone shouted 'just say it'. Morrissey was expecting everyone to be hanging from his every word and when this clown shouted 'just say it' it killed the mood and killed the moment. I am convinced this is what made Morrissey take his bat and ball home, which if that is the case is a very very sorry state of affairs. I will delay passing judgment until more is said about this episode. I have been looking forward to this gig for ages and I am gutted. However, my frustrations lie with Morrissey rather than the irrelevant clown in the audience.

...I would really defend Moz to the hilt if anyone did say anything offensive to him but really from being there you could see his expression and body language change the second someone shouted 'just say it'. Morrissey was expecting everyone to be hanging from his every word and when this clown shouted 'just say it' it killed the mood and killed the moment. I am convinced this is what made Morrissey take his bat and ball home, which if that is the case is a very very sorry state of affairs. I will delay passing judgment until more is said about this episode. I have been looking forward to this gig for ages and I am gutted. However, my frustrations lie with Morrissey rather than the irrelevant clown in the audience.

Morrissey should have been above all this. really.

It's anormal to cancel a gig just because of one complete idiot person.

Indeed. Future tours will be problematical, to say the least.

P.

If there is a refund, then Morrissey just lost a decent amount of cash. In the US, for a 2000 seat hall he is asking about 45,000 right now. I feel bad for the band as this is how they make a living. Giving up a paid show has got to sting.

Morrissey should have been above all this. really.

It's anormal to cancel a gig just because of one complete idiot person.

Absolutely. I wouldn't even go as far to call the person completely idiotic - maybe just drunk and over excited.

...Performing the last song with his back to the audience was very very sad and really left me feeling gutted walking home!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom