Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
I can't resist to reflect how a person who has been writing his lyrics for 30+ years with a great humor can act so humorless.

After following this site for a few years always hoping our man would finally produce live shows worthy of yonder years, we should all be saying to him "Get off the stage" and how ironic it is that a song he wrote is now about himself!

Thank You. I hear "suck it" - "just sing" - "we miss you in Old Trafford" from the audience. Before this Morrissey says "Is that funny?" and "That wasn't very nice" but in response to what is not clear. His voice also appears to break early on in "Staircase." Assuming, an emotional reaction, anyone's voice can break. There's nothing to suggest he was having any vocal problems that evening such that his voice would break. In the United States (because it was asked) generally 6 songs played = no refund. Because of the intimacy of the venue and the fact that whatever was said appears to be said in the first 10 rows of a General Admission show (no chairs, means that's really tantamount to 5 rows), I think it is less likely that Morrissey misheard someone. I yelled something from 20 rows back in Philly and he caught / got it. This is excellent footage. We will never know what happened. Ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJE4Gi_meo

This is a 15 minute video from Warsaw.

The Queen is Dead is in full, then clips of the other songs.

Go to 8:40 to judge for yourself what you think went wrong.

Karl
NE24

Did anyone else think they heard someone yell "Suck it"??

And is it possible that he didn't hear it as "Trafford", but maybe "f*** you" or the worse "f" word "f*ggot"? I'm just going with the "f" sound. Reaching, I know.

Last question- does anyone else feel like this is "The Twilight Zone"? Been a fan for 25+ years, so I haven't seen it all tom the beginning of his solo career. In all that time, I attended over 100 shows. I believe only 2 were cancelled- one when Alain was injured and another when Moz was sick (way back when he never cancelled). I've also been to 2 that ended early. One was not his fault as the size of the crowd exceeded the facility limits/broke fire code and the other was when he lost his voice about 5 or 6 songs and left the stage, never to return. But, I digress. My point is I've seen a lot over the years and while there was always me small piece of drama, it does not compare to the shitstorm that's been this past few years, but especially these past few months...Every time I read something new, I'm just in stunned disbelief. It almost sounds like a joke. But seriously, this is just crazy.

How very, very sad. From the YouTube clip it looks like there was a great atmosphere prior to the 'incident' which appears to have been mostly Moz thinking he heard something awful shouted at him. Clearly something is shouted and you can hear the word ‘Trafford’ but his reaction I'm afraid is that of a man who is not well. Still ill? I would imagine this incident has pushed him over the edge into a severe clinical depression. My guess is the rest of the tour may not actually happen now.

I've studied the clip now a few times and his attitude and expression changed a few secs before 'Trafford' is heard. I think 'suck it' shouted loudly, caused his upset which was must have been taken a a homophobic insult. I thought this was quite clear.. Anyone with me on this?

I've studied the clip now a few times and his attitude and expression changed a few secs before 'Trafford' is heard. I think 'suck it' shouted loudly, caused his upset which was must have been taken a a homophobic insult. I thought this was quite clear.. Anyone with me on this?

- 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azJE4Gi_meo

This is a 15 minute video from Warsaw.

The Queen is Dead is in full, then clips of the other songs.

Go to 8:40 to judge for yourself what you think went wrong.

Karl
NE24

At the 9 minute 04 mark, someone shouts "Give it to him Trafford", which as a Morrissey explained on Twitter on Wednesday evening, he heard it as "Give it to him fluffier", which, understandably, he found offensive.

The stage is Morrissey's home; the one place where he feels safe and loved. As soon as he feels unloved and unsafe in his home, the concert is over. The good news is, today is a new day, and tonight Morrissey will once again feel safe and loved at home on a stage in Kraków. There is no reason to believe anything will happen to ruin this safety, and I even have a feeling that Moz might accept and wear a blue rose tonight, because despite what the masses believe, Morrissey loves the Blue arose Society, hence the reason he has accepted and worn a blue rose on every tour in the past two years - this isn't the thought of a fantasist, this is fact; see here: BlueRoseSociety.blogspot.com.

Morrissey is loved. Let's keep him safe.

You people who went to the Warsaw concert should be proud to be a part of something extraordinary. This is a gig to be long remembered. No other show of his tour has gained 16 pages of comments here.

Old F*aggot - yeah that would make him bail.

Did anyone else think they heard someone yell "Suck it"??

And is it possible that he didn't hear it as "Trafford", but maybe "f*** you" or the worse "f" word "f*ggot"? I'm just going with the "f" sound. Reaching, I know.

'Suck it!' would explain the 'he doesn't feel safe' excuse and the 'now that wasn't very nice' by himself. Now I understand why he was soo angry and suppose cant blame him. He simply couldn't compose himself after this. Hope that idiot is unveiled. Dublin gig has not sold out-over 40,000 capacity so c'mon over-you're all welcome..ehh polite ones only though x

You can definitely hear 'Suck it' shouted. Why didn't Moz just have the lights turned up and have the f***er thrown out? He's such a wuss.

The various accounts of what happened and what exactly was said last night are quite varied, and I do think it's quite possible that there is more going on here than what's being assumed.

I realize this isn't the first time in his career that Morrissey has walked off stage, but it's not as though this is a regular occurrence! All of this talk about him not caring about the people who are there to see him—it's bullshit. Go look at the rest of the tour he's in the midst of. Go look at all of the footage from Helsinki the other night.

If he felt like he couldn't carry on with the show, then he couldn't carry on with the show. Whether or not you can directly relate or whether some other artist you like would have done something different is really beside the point. I am quite sure that ending a show early isn't a happy experience for Morrissey. He quite possibly even regrets it now. He is a man who acts on his emotions in the moment, though. That's what makes him who he his.

I would be hugely disappointed if he'd walked out of a show I'd gone to see. Not because of the money, but because I want as much from him as I can get. I understand the upset some are feeling today, but the anger seems disproportionate to what actually happened. (And yes, I do get the irony there.)

I'll be a Morrissey apologist until the day I die, and I'm totally cool with that.

I agree with you completely, and if I had known beforehand that the show would only last half an hour, I would have still bought the ticket and attended. And I will still go to any show he grace us with, cause, damn, it's Morrissey! Those six songs were performed brilliantly. Now that all those after-show emotions cooled off, I am only feeling bad that he got so upset and it had happened in the capital of my country. I hope everyone who goes to Cracow, including Mozz himself, will have a great time tonight.

Can 'suck it' really be considered homophobic abuse? I mean, I can see how it potentially could be, depending on the context.. but just shouted out 'randomly' like that? 'suck it' doesn't have to be homophobic and can be used to mean other things.

Can 'suck it' really be considered homophobic abuse? I mean, I can see how it potentially could be, depending on the context.. but just shouted out 'randomly' like that? 'suck it' doesn't have to be homophobic and can be used to mean other things.

As usual, it's Kristeen Young's fault.

...Morrissey was expecting everyone to be hanging from his every word and when this clown shouted 'just say it' it killed the mood and killed the moment. I am convinced this is what made Morrissey take his bat and ball home, which if that is the case is a very very sorry state of affairs...

Excellent description. His demeanor definitely changed after the shout from the crowd.

'Suck it!' would explain the 'he doesn't feel safe' excuse and the 'now that wasn't very nice' by himself. Now I understand why he was soo angry and suppose cant blame him. He simply couldn't compose himself after this. Hope that idiot is unveiled. Dublin gig has not sold out-over 40,000 capacity so c'mon over-you're all welcome..ehh polite ones only though x

40,000 capacity? What planet are you on?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom