Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
I love how there are like 432 videos from each show but none catching what happened. There is a Polish joke in there somewhere.

Not to excuse his sad behavior, but it takes someone extraordinarily sensitive to give the kind of "performances" Morrissey does: he reaches deep in there and exposes a lot of unpleasantness (and vulnerability). That's why no one else can sing "Asleep" or "I Know it's Over" quite so effectively - that's why he's the best at what he does. The flip side is that (on a good night) he's a public open wound (tough work if you can get it).

I like my artists raw. On a crap night Morrissey is going through the motions, on a good night he's almost in tears (or appears to be so). That kind of intensity comes with a very high price.

Very well put.

Am I the only one sick of this whole Nancy in Malibu fantasy?

Actually, I am on record as being a fan. I enjoy how he somehow ties Moz to Nancy Sinatra, at a Malibu beach house having pasta for dinner. I find it quite amusing, but I am going in next week to have a check-up on my sense of humor ;)

Bottom line to me is it was un professional! It's not okay to treat your fans this way especially because without the fans he's nothing! He wouldn't exist without us..what is this notion he has that we're not allowed to talk to him at concerts?! No one knows what was really said but it doesn't matter, he's a adult, and a musican who tours for a living meaning if he can't handle a few drunk stupid comments every now and then he needs to reevaluate what to do with himself. He should've been a professional is all I'm trying to say. Things like this upset me as a fan

Not to beat this horse completely to death, but possibly comatose ;) Poets and writers...write...and...painters...paint, but this (to me) is quite different than the contractual obligation that a band/singer enters when they sell tickets to a concert/exhibition. What Morrissey did the other night is no different than a painter for which you purchased a ticket to his/her exhibition taking their art work down 10 minutes into the showing because they overheard someone saying they used too much blue in a painting. Really...someone criticizes your art or hurts your feelings and you pull stakes and run?

"Soul-baring artist"...OK, but when you decide to put your art out for the public to view and PAY FOR!! - sorry for raising my voice ;) - then there is an expectation upon the purchase of the ticket that you will receive what was paid for. It may be good, or it may be bad, but it is there none-the-less. I am at a loss to understand this any differently. I think the horse could take a few more whacks if anyone is interest.

Fair enough: for me, most of the my artistic "heroes" are dead (and beyond complaint). Edvard Munch won't miss that talk at the 92nd Street Y, and Percy Bysshe Shelley won't cancel that Barnes and Noble appearance. Morrissey breaks contracts left-and-right. Arggghh! Now I feel better. ;)

As Amy said: everyone who buys tickets for Morrissey at this point knows that they've got a 50/50 shot at him actually showing up, and even then, there's a fairly good chance that he won't make it through the set. Morrissey is the only act I can think of where folks are checking their phones while waiting on line (right up until showtime) to see if he's actually going to show up. You should raise your voice - I've cursed Morrissey on several occasions before I stopped buying tickets in advance altogether. He's thrown away the most devoted audience an artist could ask for. You get no argument from me - it's a terrible shame.

He's still the greatest singer I've ever heard. I can't change that.

It's the equivalent of giving an abusive person a free pass because they are a genius.

Morrissey is only abusive if he's a part of your life - the bad stuff only gets to you if you let it. I love Morrissey's music, I could listen to him sing the words off a cereal box, but he doesn't factor into my life in any other way. I agree with some of his pronouncements, cringe at others, and despair at the worst of it. He's not an abusive presence though: he's not a factor. The only time I feel put-upon is when he cancels or storms off; now, like so many people, I've come to expect it. He's lost me as an advance ticket-buyer. That's a serious problem for a live artist.

Fans that condone and tolerate this type of treatment by their idol are enablers.

This is a basic misunderstanding of the nature of fame and celebrity: Morrissey doesn't continue his misbehavior because the fans "let him." He's been like this forever, and he will continue to be so until the game is over. Nothing that is said here will change that. He's hardwired, and if he's willing to hurt those close to him (and those who work for him, or with him), then he certainly doesn't care if a bunch of folks log into a website (that he openly hates) and complain. We are as fleas to an elephant.

The only thing that "gets to" Morrissey is a shrinking audience (and even then he misplaces the blame). He's feeling that now, and I do believe it hurts. My attitude (or your attitude, or anyone's online attitude) is meaningless next to those warm bodies out there in the dark.

Last edited:
Imagine if someone whispered "I f***ed you over so bad. Keep it together." That's what a sentence can do to someone like Morrissey. It may not even sound like an insult but it ties to some other thing he saw hours before stepping on stage. It's not rational and in my eyes he's a f***ing hero for holding it together as many years as he has without education as to how the whispers work and how to overcome them. This isn't enabling, this is empathy. You have no idea what's going on in his head. He will never be cool like Michael Buble or Justin Timberlake, he's burdened with Grace.

I was in the second row for the show at Earl's Court in 2004 (the one captured on the official live release). Some c*** next to me shouted 'pay Mike Joyce!' during a quiet bit between songs... I can't exactly remember the order of events but I think he did it a couple of times. I believe that Morrissey would have heard it. In the course of his career lots of people must have shouted out rude or offensive shit, it's only relatively recently he's become like this. and what shameful spectacles it results in, too.

People chucked piss at the New Yorks Dolls and called them queer … fag's … scum. They never walked off stage in a tizzy, they stood their ground and played harder. Ditto The Pistols. Ditto Penetration. Ditto Buzzcocks … ditto every f***ing band Morrissey admires. He isn't a f***ing opera singer, he is playing a rock concert in a rock venue to an audience that ALWAYS will include pissed up idiots. What next? Is he going to walk off stage is someone has a hairstyle he takes umbrage with? Pathetic behavior from a grown man whose contempt for his audience continues seemingly unabated. Reading these posts is amusing and makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Did he really mistake "I love You" for "f*** You" and "Old Trafford" for "Old f*****"?! It is asinine. What I wanna' know is when is the Manc' gonna' come forward and tell us what he REALLY said … we'll have to wait readers, he is probably on an Easy Jet flight back to Stanstead as we speak ...

It's a Thursday night and he is in Warsaw, Poland just getting past the middle point of the "Downpayment Euro Tour" which he doesn't want to do, but has less strenuous travel than a USA tour so he can buy that house with Nancy in Beverly Hills. I think he would much rather be back home with Nancy in Malibu. I really still can't believe he hasn't cancelled or walked off more shows, but he wants to make Nancy happy.

"I heard an Englishman yelled out, "why don't you just go back to old trafford". which set him off and he left."[/B]

Why do you f***ing dirty Brits have to bring kickball into everything? A sport you invented but can't even win in. I just was told that "old trafford" is some field that one of the Manchester kickball team plays on. I was also just told you have played the USA twice in the kickball championships and the USA has beaten you and then tied you. How pathetic, that a country where 95% of the people have never even made the "kicking" motion with their leg has beaten you and tied you.

Why do you have to follow a dirty brit and do you prefer handball (american football holding the ball with the hands)?

I doubt you realise that americans are in fact people from all over the world and the majority came from Europe. Maybe you even have dirty british blood in you.

People chucked piss at the New Yorks Dolls and called them queer … fag's … scum. They never walked off stage in a tizzy, they stood their ground and played harder. Ditto The Pistols. Ditto Penetration. Ditto Buzzcocks … ditto every f***ing band Morrissey admires. He isn't a f***ing opera singer, he is playing a rock concert in a rock venue to an audience that ALWAYS will include pissed up idiots. What next? Is he going to walk off stage is someone has a hairstyle he takes umbrage with? Pathetic behavior from a grown man whose contempt for his audience continues seemingly unabated. Reading these posts is amusing and makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Did he really mistake "I love You" for "f*** You" and "Old Trafford" for "Old f*****"?! It is asinine. What I wanna' know is when is the Manc' gonna' come forward and tell us what he REALLY said … we'll have to wait readers, he is probably on an Easy Jet flight back to Stanstead as we speak ...

But he literally forgets this when he's on stage BECAUSE HE'S CHANNELING THE GHOST OF A WOMAN. He's not even Morrissey technically. I can't explain it.

You guys see it as a concert, but going to a Moz show is more like going to a seance. He gets spooked.

Everytime Morrissey cancels a tour in my mind it's a victory because he's exercising free will. These lady ghosts use his body and plan his tours because they want to go home. Right now some Polish broad is elated as the bus passes the tundra of her home town, tomorrow she sees the faces of her people through his eyes. He's more a medium than a singer, we just win because instead of crystal balls and tarot card spreads, he's singing songs we know the words to and can sing along with. It is my opinion, however, he's allowed more ladies to pass through him than any other human being. It does damage, he gets lost.

Imagine if someone whispered "I f***ed you over so bad. Keep it together." That's what a sentence can do to someone like Morrissey. It may not even sound like an insult but it ties to some other thing he saw hours before stepping on stage. It's not rational and in my eyes he's a f***ing hero for holding it together as many years as he has without education as to how the whispers work and how to overcome them. This isn't enabling, this is empathy. You have no idea what's going on in his head. He will never be cool like Michael Buble or Justin Timberlake, he's burdened with Grace.

If he is that fragile.. he shouldn't tour.

Also, you have no idea what's going on in his head either.. and while you never said you did.. you seem to be suggesting you have some kind of inkling.

No one knows except him.

Either way, there is zero excuse for this.

Play the show or retire.

He's lost me as an advance ticket-buyer. That's a serious problem for a live artist.....We are as fleas to an elephant.

You got that right. I have read on this site that he has a penchant for cancelling concerts with low ticket sales, and as you said yourself, you are no longer an advanced ticket-buyer. Well he better get ready because I doubt you are the only one who has changed their ticket-buying practice. I wouldn't be surprised in the not too distant future to see a thousand people hanging outside the concert hall waiting for the bus to arrive, watch him physically walk into the theater and possibly wait for the first few songs to be played before everyone buys their ticket ;)

We may be fleas, but we are fleas with wallets filled with money and wings that can clap. We might be insignificant in a personal sense, but quite valuable to him in a professional one.

Last edited:
The various accounts of what happened and what exactly was said last night are quite varied, and I do think it's quite possible that there is more going on here than what's being assumed.

I realize this isn't the first time in his career that Morrissey has walked off stage, but it's not as though this is a regular occurrence! All of this talk about him not caring about the people who are there to see him—it's bullshit. Go look at the rest of the tour he's in the midst of. Go look at all of the footage from Helsinki the other night.

If he felt like he couldn't carry on with the show, then he couldn't carry on with the show. Whether or not you can directly relate or whether some other artist you like would have done something different is really beside the point. I am quite sure that ending a show early isn't a happy experience for Morrissey. He quite possibly even regrets it now. He is a man who acts on his emotions in the moment, though. That's what makes him who he his.

I would be hugely disappointed if he'd walked out of a show I'd gone to see. Not because of the money, but because I want as much from him as I can get. I understand the upset some are feeling today, but the anger seems disproportionate to what actually happened. (And yes, I do get the irony there.)

I'll be a Morrissey apologist until the day I die, and I'm totally cool with that.

It's a Thursday night and he is in Warsaw, Poland just getting past the middle point of the "Downpayment Euro Tour" which he doesn't want to do, but has less strenuous travel than a USA tour so he can buy that house with Nancy in Beverly Hills. I think he would much rather be back home with Nancy in Malibu. I really still can't believe he hasn't cancelled or walked off more shows, but he wants to make Nancy happy.

"I heard an Englishman yelled out, "why don't you just go back to old trafford". which set him off and he left."[/B]

Why do you f***ing dirty Brits have to bring kickball into everything? A sport you invented but can't even win in. I just was told that "old trafford" is some field that one of the Manchester kickball team plays on. I was also just told you have played the USA twice in the kickball championships and the USA has beaten you and then tied you. How pathetic, that a country where 95% of the people have never even made the "kicking" motion with their leg has beaten you and tied you.
It is interesting you have so much hatred towards Brits when ooh did you forget? Morrissey is one!!
Anyway it is called football, the game you call football is infact Rugby but for people shit scared they might hurt their knee.

Also why do you bring nationality into everything, you mention USA just as much as you think Brits 'bring kickball into everything', you're are clearly obcessed and angry Morrissey isn't American...

Last edited:
All these people saying "It's Morrissey, it's what he does" - you may as well just tip up your wallet and empty the contents down the drain, because that's the sum total of what you're supporting these days. Anyone who is happy with catching a plane, booking hotels and buying a ticket, then is happy with the experience you got the other night - tip out your wallet - you are throwing your money away. It boils my piss that someone who wants your money, nay HAS your money, feels it's OK to walk off, no matter what the circumstance.

Right. Now I'm gonna sit here and see how long the Cambridgeshire freak takes to reply.

P.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom