Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
And still no visual footage of the incident???

I take comfort in the irony that those who defend Morrissey to the hilt and those that see their defense as some kind of romantic loyalty to the man are probably the ones that Morrissey holds in the highest scorn.

Nail on the head...

- - - Updated - - -

You LOVE this. All of you. It's why you're here, it's why you post, it's why you love/hate him. You all get off on this drama. We all do. You love that he's so sensitive so when he makes mistakes you can clamber onto him and rip him to shreds. You don't want him to just go on and sing and go off again. You WANT this to happen because we all ALL ALL ALL love the endless drama. Don't pretend otherwise. I come here after show days and wait for the explosions. This is the most f***ed up fan community on earth. I love it. I'm addicted to it. I'm waiting for him to let me down and I take it and come crawling back. The very definition of an abusive relationship - that's what we're all in.

God you sound tedious... I bet you're into star signs too.

Ok, I've slept on what happened last night and woken up not calmer but more disgusted by what happened last night.

Morrissey doesn't owe his fans anything above and beyond respecting them and their support for him. Last night I believe he behaved with complete contempt and disregard for the people who he should cherish, particularly in a foreign country where chances to see him are rare.

Morrissey has many principles. He talks about corruption and leaders who lie. He talks about his sensitivity and his love of the vulnerable. Last night he was a hypocrite. He demonstrated all the deplorable notions that he writes about. What really sticks in my throat is two fold. Firstly, he hid behind a lie. He said he 'did not feel safe'. He left the stage because someone shouted 'just say it'. I have no doubt whatsoever in my mind about this. His reaction was prompted by this comment which everyone heard. It was an unnecessary comment. Nothing more. However, his safety was not jeopardised. He felt so unsafe that he had the temerity to shamefully turn his back to his audience for a whole song.

Secondly, this 'lie' about an alleged 'insult' in my mind could have easily put someone in danger. With emotions high, for a witch hunt to be administered with people desperate for the gig to continue I am thankful that no one was offered as a scapegoat and battered there and then. This was a real possibility. I have sympathy with the band because they would have been desperate as we were and willing to do whatever was needed to get the show back on. As a result to appease Morrissey they had to be seen to be 'doing something'. To see his band members desperately inciting some kind of witch hunt on the basis of well...nothing, was alarming and very very embarrassing. It's interesting how no one pointed anyone out and no one from the band was able or willing to say what this comment was.

Lets talk about sensitivity for a moment. Morrissey is very sensitive when it comes to himself and his own ego. When it comes to others he has a sudden sensitivity block. A horrible juxtaposition! I take comfort in the irony that those who defend Morrissey to the hilt and those that see their defense as some kind of romantic loyalty to the man are probably the ones that Morrissey holds in the highest scorn.

Spot-on posting, says it all. Our man really needs to examine this and get to grips with what has happened, I cannot see how Boz and the others can pretend to be horrified by this when nothing major happened.

You LOVE this. All of you. It's why you're here, it's why you post, it's why you love/hate him. You all get off on this drama. We all do. You love that he's so sensitive so when he makes mistakes you can clamber onto him and rip him to shreds. You don't want him to just go on and sing and go off again. You WANT this to happen because we all ALL ALL ALL love the endless drama. Don't pretend otherwise. I come here after show days and wait for the explosions. This is the most f***ed up fan community on earth. I love it. I'm addicted to it. I'm waiting for him to let me down and I take it and come crawling back. The very definition of an abusive relationship - that's what we're all in.

Um not really. I come here out.of habit and currently to see whether I will get a gig in Dublin. How f***ing rude of him to abandon a show where seemingly many have travelled. At considerable expense. I'm sure we'll get another cancellation and then suspected Ebola from shaking hands with his travelling fans.

It's not a drama anymore, it's just petty. Mind you Morrissey was always a bit elderly in his heyday... So he's probably got the mentality of a 90 year old alzheimers sufferer nowadays.

What a freakish outlook to have. I don't love any of it. I don't wish disappointment or wasted trips on anyone, not on Moz and band but especially not on the paying public. All because of one fool in the audience.

one of the fans siad" don't chat just sing".Mozz sang oone more song and decided to stop the show !

well it could be perhaps because he cant perform angry or upset. hes not a pro in the sense of career and i dont think id like him to be. the opposite is what makes morrissey so special to me. i really really dont think he likes many people his fans included

I wasn't there so I don't know, but I have been reading some detective stories recently.

It would appear that someone shouted "something, something...Old Trafford". Morrissey took offence and his band backed him up. It's reported that the offensive remark was chauvinistic. I suspect that Morrissey heard "something, something old f*****". If someone called me an old f***** I'd be upset. Especially about the "old" bit.

From the couple of times I've called out to Morrissey at gigs he seemed to have heard something of what I shouted but clearly didn't make out exactly what I'd called. Maybe I was too far back or not loud enough. I reckon it's pretty hard for Morrissey or the band to clearly hear what's being called out. Sometimes if you don't hear clearly you'll do word association or do a best fit. Would Morrissey expect anyone to be calling out "Old Trafford" at his gig? I say "old" you say......

I wasn't there so I don't know, but I have been reading some detective stories recently.

It would appear that someone shouted "something, something...Old Trafford". Morrissey took offence and his band backed him up. It's reported that the offensive remark was chauvinistic. I suspect that Morrissey heard "something, something old f*****". If someone called me an old f***** I'd be upset. Especially about the "old" bit.

From the couple of times I've called out to Morrissey at gigs he seemed to have heard something of what I shouted but clearly didn't make out exactly what I'd called. Maybe I was too far back or not loud enough. I reckon it's pretty hard for Morrissey or the band to clearly hear what's being called out. Sometimes if you don't hear clearly you'll do word association or do a best fit. Would Morrissey expect anyone to be calling out "Old Trafford" at his gig? I say "old" you say......

This is actually what I thought. Why would you go to a morrissey show if you say those types of things?

I've thought from the announcement of this tour that the reason why he's only doing one uk date is because the insurance company wanted to see if he could get through this tour first. God knows if he will get insurance for the US ever again.

Everyone keeps talking about tour insurance.

Is there anyone in the music industry that knows anything about this?

I'm tired of people making these blanket statements that they know nothing about and are just speculating.

Can someone with some knowledge talk about this and site a legitimate source about what kind of insurance he would want and possibly might not get.

If your answer begins with "I think" or "I believe" it's not an answer.

Case closed! I think you have solved the mystery. I think he also mistook someone saying 'f*** off you pr*ck! When in actual fact they were shouting 'We love you Morrissey!' Top work detective...

...I would really defend Moz to the hilt if anyone did say anything offensive to him but really from being there you could see his expression and body language change the second someone shouted 'just say it'.

When you ask a crowd of people surrounding a stage to speak at all...you are encouraging and might as well expect this kind of result. Does he think, drunk, stupid, mouth-breathing morons are not part of his circle of fans?? Was a rude comment or two made? Yes. I am sure worse things are said that he doesn't hear. Simple solution...if you don't like a potential answer you might receive to a question...then don't ask it! Geez

OMG... What are you guys doing? Ten pages of wondering, whether words "just sing!" or "old Trafford" might be "extremely offensive and chauvinistic" or not for Morrissey? Sorry for that, but apparently "he started something, he couldn't finish".

And maybe that would be the proper costume for fans on his concert in Krakow? To not "insult" him by accident?
http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/22523/ai_iran550.jpeg

This isn't going to be popular with a bunch of you but honestly.. if you think 1 person saying something should cause someone to cancel a show..

you're a deluded, fawning, ass-licking moron.

When you ask a crowd of people surrounding a stage to speak at all...you are encouraging and might as well expect this kind of result. Does he think, drunk, stupid, mouth-breathing morons are not part of his circle of fans?? Was a rude comment or two made? Yes. I am sure worse things are said that he doesn't hear. Simple solution...if you don't like a potential answer you might receive to a question...then don't ask it! Geez

Exactly, plus I would barely even call it rude. The problem was this was Morrissey's moment. He had everyone in the palm of his hand hanging on his every word. His ego was at peace. Somebody shouted 'just say it' and Morrissey's moment was taken. He reacted like a little boy who was about to blow out his birthday cake candles when another child blows on it instead. His special moment was tainted and he was miffed. He was expecting full obedience from his minions and somebody stepped out of line so he picked up his toys and stormed off before creating a lie about how one of the big boys threatened him so that he might curry some sympathy out of the situation.

Exactly, plus I would barely even call it rude. The problem was this was Morrissey's moment. He had everyone in the palm of his hand hanging on his every word. His ego was at peace. Somebody shouted 'just say it' and Morrissey's moment was taken. He reacted like a little boy who was about to blow out his birthday cake candles when another child blows on it instead. His special moment was tainted and he was miffed. He was expecting full obedience from his minions and somebody stepped out of line so he picked up his toys and stormed off before creating a lie about how one of the big boys threatened him so that he might curry some sympathy out of the situation.

Well put. If he want's to say something to the crowd...just say it! Don't ask...do you want to hear something? He should try asking the crowd... Do I look fat today? or...Do you like my white pants? and watch the sparks fly! (If there was in fact no threatening comment made), then the fact that he would walk off stage because his feelings were hurt shows how much he really cares about the fans. In my opinion, and from everything I have seen and heard about him over the years, it is more and more apparent that there is only one person for whom he is on the stage for and that is himself.

Last edited:
I wonder if he's hard of hearing?

You know, that may well be a part of the problem (that old hearing aid might just come in handy).

It's a common enough malady with musicians (especially older ones). For years he's been cupping his ear and turning his head to hear people (you can see it in his later TV interviews). "Old Trafford" "Old Fatso" "Old f*****," He probably has a tough time telling the difference when comments are coming from the crowd.

Yes, storming off because one's feelings are hurt is inexcusable, but sometimes he manages to soldier through (I've seen Morrissey deal with far worse abuse and go on with the show). One guy in the Philly area is obsessed: always shouts out vicious obscenities - Morrissey carries serenely on.

Bottom line: Morrissey is sensitive, unpredictable, volatile, unprofessional (and probably somewhat hearing-impaired). A recipe for cancellations and terrible disappointment. Still, on a great night he's the best there is. Unfortunately, you buy your ticket and you take your chances.

Unfortunately, you buy your ticket and you take your chances.

My only problem with this is that he is a performer that many people travel long distances to see. Scheduling hotel rooms, air fare, etc. Some of which may be non-refundable. I would never in my life travel farther than an hour drive just for the reason you state above. Again, I think it falls back to his egotistical view of the world. His compassion for animals may be unmatched, but compassion for his fans? Apparently non-existent.

Last edited:
I travelled from Glasgow to Warsaw for this gig. Absolutely gutted at what happened.

The most frustrating thing was that no-one knew what the problem was. Around 10 minutes after he left the stage, some band-members came onto the stage, and urged the crowd to name and shame the culprit who had 'ínsulted' Morrissey - assuring us that he did in fact want to come out and entertain us some more, but only if this person was made to leave.

Unfortunately, no-one knew what had happened, never mind who had been responsible, so after another 10 or 15 minutes, the house-lights came on and we were told he had already left the building.

Although frustrated, part of me kind of admires him for taking a stand like that. I suppose it all adds to the intrigue of the man.....

My only problem with this is that he is a performer that many people travel long distances to see. Scheduling hotel rooms, air fare, etc. Some of which may be non-refundable. I would never in my life travel further than an hour drive just for the reason you state above. Again, I think it falls back to his egotistical view of the world. His compassion for animals may be unmatched, but compassion for his fans? Apparently non-existent.

I hear you, and I agree. I used to travel long distances to see Morrissey, but I always knew that I might be in for a bitter disappointment, so I made sure I had other things to do. Morrissey was often an excuse for a short holiday. He's certainly not worth traveling for if you have nothing else to gain from the trip.

Not to excuse his sad behavior, but it takes someone extraordinarily sensitive to give the kind of "performances" Morrissey does: he reaches deep in there and exposes a lot of unpleasantness (and vulnerability). That's why no one else can sing "Asleep" or "I Know it's Over" quite so effectively - that's why he's the best at what he does. The flip side is that (on a good night) he's a public open wound (tough work if you can get it).

I like my artists raw. On a crap night Morrissey is going through the motions, on a good night he's almost in tears (or appears to be so). That kind of intensity comes with a very high price.

I think he's ambivalent about his admirers: he knows he needs his audience, and he resents it. For animals he has unconditional love, for everyone else: we're on notice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom