Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
You do realise morrissey was in The Smiths? He's the singer with the sticky up hair. You said paying to see him was like emptying your wallet and that he should stop touring. yet if he toured with The Smiths suddenly that doesn't count and you'd pay up. why is it because you are taking shite?

P. is not always logical...most people are not always logical. P. also said he did not purchase "World Peace" - he said it here - but that he listened to it on Spotify. Now, I totally respect his position as Moderator - 100% and he is competent in that regard most of the time. But shouldn't a Mod of the greatest Morrissey site also be a clear fan of the artist? The other Mods are.

I was at the gig (I described my version of events a few pages back) - after travelling over from Glasgow.

At the time of the concert, I had no idea what had happened to upset him. But after looking at online footage, it sounds like someone was just making a friendly comment : 'we'll miss you in Old Trafford' or something similar (meaning - we'll miss you in Manchester, where he's apparently not playing during this tour).

Did he misinterpret Old Trafford as 'old f*****?'

Or was he upset at having his speech interrupted?

Either way, it was definitely an absurd over-reaction.

Incidentally, does anyone know if we'll be getting refunds? And if so, how to go about it?

Oh, you've done it now. To all the complainers miffed about dropping a few bills for flights and tickets only to catch a 25-minute set, did you see the god damn set list? Whether you're a longtime fan or this was your first time seeing Morrissey, you got to see three of the best songs ever penned (by Morrissey or anyone) and that must have been exhilarating. This maybe a uniquely American opinion, but I'm so used to flat-out cancellations that those three songs would have made the trip worth it for me, even though I've seen him play each of them on separate occasions. Especially knowing that there's a good chance he may not be around for much longer. The only time I travelled to see the man, the show was cancelled not five minutes after I disembarked from a flight from Washington, DC to San Francisco. Instead of pouting, I had a f***ing great time in the city with some super solid and hospitable people. Surely you can find something fun to do with your remaining time in Warsaw? Hell, one of the best shows I ever saw lasted 15 minutes before the cops shut it down. And this was after I had spent 5 hours on a stinking bus to New York because this was rumored at the time to be one of the band's final shows. But on that trip I also made some lifelong friends and rode the Cyclone for the first time. There are brighter sides to life, you ingrates.

I would like to post something about this although I was not there.

It's disgusting that yobs (or yob) mindless, drunk and stupid, would spoil an entire show for everyone. I mean, who in there right mind would say something so stupid when Morrissey was just about to speak. No wonder Morrissey walked off stage.

So sad for you all who attended but he did the right thing as they would never have found who said it, to evict that idiot
And the shouting of abuse would have continued.

Morrissey tours for the fans, so they can hear his new songs. He has always toured for his fans. 100% true. He's toured
when he was ill - at least 3 times - when he should've been tucked up in bed and resting up for a few months. No one would put up with that kind of stupid idiotic shouting of abuse. But don't question his motives or cash because touring is for the fans. Its not to make money. Period.

Hazard
England

You are neither an attorney nor a journalist.
Remind me, why do you come here again?
You add nothing of value to the discussion.

I am a journalist, actually -- since 1996 (well, a writer/editor -- only pretentious assholes and j-school students call themselves journalists).

Attorney's are shit-f***ing pigs -- I'd never be one of them.

Last edited:
Hope you don't mind me asking, but does this board have administrators at all? If I'd be one - which of course i am not - i would have closed this thread ages ago.

I am a journalist, actually -- since 1996 (well, a writer/editor -- only pretentious assholes and j-school students call themselves journalists).

Attorney's are shit-f***ing pigs -- I'd never be one of them.

When you are in legal trouble, who will you run to?

My husband is an attorney and he's a very good person.

Some of you are CRAZY. I usually always defend Moz, but get real - this was ridiculous. I can't believe people can actually say he did the right thing here. Clearly no insults were hurled, and even if they were, he should've ignored it or got the guy removed and carried on. It seems typical that a guy who can dish out so many insults can't take one himself (assuming he heard "old trafford" as "old f*****" as some have suggested).
Way to ruin the show for everyone else. I feel so bad for all the fans who wasted time and money going to see it. They shouldn't be content with seeing 3 songs as there was no good reason for it to end so abruptly like that. Selfish. I heard the concert organisers offered the fans free tickets and travel to the Krakow gig? If they didn't take them, they should get refunds. Morrissey should have issued an apology. But likely we won't hear anything more about it. How shady.

And I agree about his band - they looked like such thugs when they came out to address the crowd and demanded to find the one who dared interrupt our almighty ruler Morrissey.

Someone posted a 1-minute, 18-second clip of the incident.

Morrissey wasn't reacting to people saying, "We love you in Old Trafford," so stop acting as though that's what he did. He says, "I'd like to tell you something, if you don't mind" to which someone yells at him to "Suck it!," then people start shouting over each other like a bunch of drunks at a bar. THEN come the nicer comments about Old Trafford. Morrissey may have overreacted but, in the heat of the moment, more than one person in that crowd shut him down in a rowdy, not-nice way. That the rest of the audience was punished sucks. It's still no excuse for the die-hard haters to ignore the video evidence in favor of a made-up version of what happened.

Thanks for posting. From the clip it is impossible to make out clearly what is said - but what is clear is that it is NOT 'Suck it!' that appears to upset him but the comment shouted at about 0.10 - 0.12. It is definitely shouted by an English / Mancunian man and ends, 'xxxxxx in Trafford'. It doesn't sound like 'You're gonna die in Trafford' to me but I can't for the life of me make it out. What is clear is that it upset Moz greatly. His face suggests that he found the comment personal and hurtful. Which is why he asks, 'Is that funny?'. As it was only one (Mancunian) twat in the crowd I just can't understand why Moz didn't have the lights turned on the audience and then have the f***er thrown out. In Poland a rowdy Manchester wanker couldn't have been that hard to spot. The atmosphere seemed great up to that point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to post something about this although I was not there.

It's disgusting that yobs (or yob) mindless, drunk and stupid, would spoil an entire show for everyone. I mean, who in there right mind would say something so stupid when Morrissey was just about to speak. No wonder Morrissey walked off stage.

So sad for you all who attended but he did the right thing as they would never have found who said it, to evict that idiot
And the shouting of abuse would have continued.

Morrissey tours for the fans, so they can hear his new songs. He has always toured for his fans. 100% true. He's toured
when he was ill - at least 3 times - when he should've been tucked up in bed and resting up for a few months. No one would put up with that kind of stupid idiotic shouting of abuse. But don't question his motives or cash because touring is for the fans. Its not to make money. Period.

Hazard
England
I'm West Ham and if I made $40K an hour people could yell we miss you at The Den all they want. If Morrissey can't deal he should consider cloning 1000 Julia's and tell his stories to them.

Thanks for posting. From the clip it is impossible to make out clearly what is said - but what is clear is that it is NOT 'Suck it!' that appears to upset him but the comment shouted at about 0.10 - 0.12. It is definitely shouted by an English / Mancunian man and ends, 'xxxxxx in Trafford'. It doesn't sound like 'You're gonna die in Trafford' to me but I can't for the life of me make it out. What is clear is that it upset Moz greatly. His face suggests that he found the comment personal and hurtful. Which is why he asks, 'Is that funny?'. As it was only one (Mancunian) twat in the crowd I just can't understand why Moz didn't have the lights turned on the audience and then have the f***er thrown out. In Poland a rowdy Manchester wanker couldn't have been that hard to spot. The atmosphere seemed great up to that point.

I have listened to that video so many times now. That comment is, "you're gonna....in Old Trafford" What the "...." is, I can't make out, either. I thought it was "try" and then I thought it was "die", but whatever it is was clearly upsetting. Morrissey was truly very, very hurt by the comment.

They did bring the lights up and Boz addressed the crowd. From what I understand, there were several people from England in the audience that night, so I'm not so sure they could have easily picked the person out. At any rate, I don't blame Morrissey for leaving the stage. I feel bad for the rest of the audience, but some people, like Morrissey, once hurt, really can't hold up or carry on.

But, anyway...this is old news. The show last night seemed to go off very well. Let's concentrate on the good and hope for continued success for the rest of the tour.

the only reason he tours, or anyone tours for that matter, is for money. how else is he going to make money?
records are now tour merchandise.

This story is old news now. But I do have to say that Morrissey has dropped down in my estimation considerably by his behaviour. Is this the same man who wrote, 'There is no one on earth I'm afraid of'? As an Irishman I'm ashamed of him. Did Oscar run away?

It's been 3 days since the show now, but I still think about it as it was one of the weirdest things that ever happened in my spectator "carreer". I was in 2nd row and everything was perfect. Moz even touched me on Speedway, but it's not the case. He was in great mood, trying to talk in Polish Hi and Thanks which was very funny, and after World Peace he said he wanted to say something and I held my breath because I thought it's gonna be something important like how he loves Poland and Warsaw etc. But someone ruined it in one second... It was so sad but I never thought that a man who's 30 years on stage would take it so personal and walk off after the next song. As we see on the movie from the show it seems that it wasn't really as that bad that he had to cancel the show.
I'm 26 but I almost cried after the show, so many emotions. And I still think about it after three days. It was 4th Morrissey show in our country and you can imagine how a fan who's listening to him for 10 or more years waits to have an opportunity to see him. He plays in England like 20 times every year and it's not as big thing for you as for me and other Polish fans. We were all punished by some idiot who turned out to not even be Polish... And now we'll have to wait for another show god knows for how long. I'm so sad that it just happened in Warsaw because we all tried to be so friendly to him and show him that we need and love him. That's why he comes back since he played in Warsaw for the 1st time in 2009 and it was his 3rd show here.
It seems so unfair, I want to cry... Somebody tell me that it's gonna be OK.

It's been 3 days since the show now, but I still think about it as it was one of the weirdest things that ever happened in my spectator "carreer". I was in 2nd row and everything was perfect. Moz even touched me on Speedway, but it's not the case. He was in great mood, trying to talk in Polish Hi and Thanks which was very funny, and after World Peace he said he wanted to say something and I held my breath because I thought it's gonna be something important like how he loves Poland and Warsaw etc. But someone ruined it in one second... It was so sad but I never thought that a man who's 30 years on stage would take it so personal and walk off after the next song. As we see on the movie from the show it seems that it wasn't really as that bad that he had to cancel the show.
I'm 26 but I almost cried after the show, so many emotions. And I still think about it after three days. It was 4th Morrissey show in our country and you can imagine how a fan who's listening to him for 10 or more years waits to have an opportunity to see him. He plays in England like 20 times every year and it's not as big thing for you as for me and other Polish fans. We were all punished by some idiot who turned out to not even be Polish... And now we'll have to wait for another show god knows for how long. I'm so sad that it just happened in Warsaw because we all tried to be so friendly to him and show him that we need and love him. That's why he comes back since he played in Warsaw for the 1st time in 2009 and it was his 3rd show here.

It's gonna be OK. It really, really will.

ok, as the dust clears and we all calm down (well, some of us anyway) I think we can all agree that at least something good came from all this, namely this post:

As someone posted earlier in this thread:

"This read too : You should be sorry for polish fans and morrissey shoul be sorry to all because some english scum shouting something offensive with such english accent that i'm affraid that only morrissey was able to understand him or maybe other english c***s that was on the gig. That's one thing but something more sad is that he left despite the fact that crowd was cheering and almost praying to him to come back even singing there is a light that never goes out didin't help. Bozz said from the stage that morrissey didn't come to poland to be insulted well neither did i come to this gig to be, but i feel i was, why? just think about that whole club of people lot of it from poland atmosphere is amazing, crowd know the words of queen is dead, and i mean words from whole songs and keep up in singing, and that's the hell o hard song to sing, and then some english prick shout something and all polish fans must pay his due ?? I loved that guy and i feel so f***ing rip off because crowd staned over him but he didn't stand over crow, he left england, ok, to somewhere more civilized, allright with me, but what for f*** sake was the purpose of that when one lazy drunk bastard from his country can ruin show and maybe all of fans love and devotion. I still don't know what to think and i'm ruined, travel 250 kilometers to see him, stand in line for an hour on freezing cold, then waited one and a half hour and that's not all because after two songs i must get along with two drunk lousy english f***s who was drinking whole time at the bar and then decided that they must be near the stage. As a song said england this is not our country so maybe mozz should left behind businness with his folks when he is not playing in england, he should say f*** you not f*** that and appologise us, for his countryman that we must forbear when they come to warsaw or cracov just to get f***ed a demolish some thing. As for all of you all over the world, pray for english not to come to concert in your town. I don't know, maybe this whole stupid island should keep their animals in cages if they don't know how to decent behave and build for them reservation."

Read it all, then re-read it, how is this not the funniest thing ever? And I even love the English!

agree that the Trafford comment sort of set him over the edge, but watching the video, I think he was already was pissed, thats why it seems to me he 'wanted to say something'.

Back
Top Bottom