Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
Boo Hoo

So would you buy a ticket to a Smiths reformation?

I assume not because its the same thing right?

I've made it plain on here many times I'd run to buy a ticket for a Smiths reunion. What exactly is your point here? You're not making any sense. I fully expect a response deriding my comprehension skills, but off you go anyway.

P.

It isn't offensive at all. Not in any way, shape or form. It would be similar to a singer from Chicago known to be a Bears fan being told "We miss you at Soldier Field." Unless Soldier Field is a very strange North American euphemism of which I am not aware.

I support the "old f*****" interpretation, personally.

More disturbing, as mentioned in several great posts earlier, is the band's intimidating behaviour in their desire to track down a culprit, perhaps any culprit, and if it is true members of Morrissey staff subsequently went through the crowd trying to identify men with British accents that is f***ing outrageous. What were they going to do if they found him? I think we should be told. Calling Morrissey names might not be very nice, but it isn't illegal. In fact, the way he's going it might start to be seen as a public duty.

Morrissey is a wandering minstrel, nothing more. His Mafioso pretensions are despicable. No wonder he got punched. The impulse must be very strong at times.

When did he get punched?

I've watched the footage a few times now - "Old Trafford" is said several times very clearly, so it's a bit odd to imagine him mishearing that. When I first heard it, though - I heard "Suck it" as "Stab it."

Any chance of an apology from Moz to open the show in Krakow tonight?

Something along the lines of "I reviewed the YouTube footage and realize I misheard what was said by the audience"?

He does look at the YouTube, it seems.

Thank you to the person with the great vantage point that recorded the show.

It's clear that the "offender" yelled out "We miss you in old Trafford" and seconds later, he shouted, "We miss you in Trafford," all while there were other people shouting, whooping, and making enthusiastic noise in general.

Morrissey misunderstood what he heard, that's the simple, correct answer here. He f***ed up.

But it was disgusting to see Boz fall in line with what Morrissey (and I'm sure the tour manager) said to him and go out on stage and make his declarations. I expect that sort of herd mentality from Jesse, but Boz?

It was almost like a scene right out of a Nazi movie: "If we can have the house lights on, we're gonna find the person..." A f***ing Nazi-like witch hunt. And then the band just stands menacing at the lip of the stage, not really sure what they're looking for.

The world of Morrissey has become a complete embarrassment.
Can't argue with that really.

Last edited:
Any chance of an apology from Moz to open the show in Krakow tonight?

Something along the lines of "I reviewed the YouTube footage and realize I misheard what was said by the audience"?

He does look at the YouTube, it seems.

The YouTube footage shows one persons perspective. That's person isn't Morrissey.

Someone posted a 1-minute, 18-second clip of the incident.

Morrissey wasn't reacting to people saying, "We love you in Old Trafford," so stop acting as though that's what he did. He says, "I'd like to tell you something, if you don't mind" to which someone yells at him to "Suck it!," then people start shouting over each other like a bunch of drunks at a bar. THEN come the nicer comments about Old Trafford. Morrissey may have overreacted but, in the heat of the moment, more than one person in that crowd shut him down in a rowdy, not-nice way. That the rest of the audience was punished sucks. It's still no excuse for the die-hard haters to ignore the video evidence in favor of a made-up version of what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he is in the British papers for almost anything...So he still promos in his own way. I would suggest this act of walking, is a form of promo, get the people talking just before the O2 gig - he should never book such big venues in the UK he never sells them out

No press is bad press they say. Just depressing for fans.

Int'l Playboy ✈‏@Intl_Playboy·10 mins10 minutes ago
#Morrissey in Krakow, high energy & lots of chants.

B2_fKmHCEAAIf0U.jpg

Ronan Muldoon‏@ronanmuldoon·5 mins5 minutes ago Krakow
Not quite as close in Kraków, @Rabdoo71 & @Cheakodaman .... But at least it was a full gig!

B2_g_efIAAIsmVF.jpg

Last edited:
The various accounts of what happened and what exactly was said last night are quite varied, and I do think it's quite possible that there is more going on here than what's being assumed.

I realize this isn't the first time in his career that Morrissey has walked off stage, but it's not as though this is a regular occurrence! All of this talk about him not caring about the people who are there to see him—it's bullshit. Go look at the rest of the tour he's in the midst of. Go look at all of the footage from Helsinki the other night.

If he felt like he couldn't carry on with the show, then he couldn't carry on with the show. Whether or not you can directly relate or whether some other artist you like would have done something different is really beside the point. I am quite sure that ending a show early isn't a happy experience for Morrissey. He quite possibly even regrets it now. He is a man who acts on his emotions in the moment, though. That's what makes him who he his.

I would be hugely disappointed if he'd walked out of a show I'd gone to see. Not because of the money, but because I want as much from him as I can get. I understand the upset some are feeling today, but the anger seems disproportionate to what actually happened. (And yes, I do get the irony there.)

I'll be a Morrissey apologist until the day I die, and I'm totally cool with that.

He's not a child for Christ's sake!!! He's a grown man and should act like it. You're a Morrissey apologist. I'm a Morrissey realist. He's a caricature of himself nowadays.

He's not a child for Christ's sake!!! He's a grown man and should act like it. You're a Morrissey apologist. I'm a Morrissey realist. He's a caricature of himself nowadays.

Good for you! Neither one of our viewpoints changes anything about Morrissey. The only difference is that in exercising empathy I get to enjoy his music and personality, whereas you get to be angry and frustrated. Your choice.

I've made it plain on here many times I'd run to buy a ticket for a Smiths reunion. What exactly is your point here? You're not making any sense. I fully expect a response deriding my comprehension skills, but off you go anyway.

P.

You do realise morrissey was in The Smiths? He's the singer with the sticky up hair. You said paying to see him was like emptying your wallet and that he should stop touring. yet if he toured with The Smiths suddenly that doesn't count and you'd pay up. why is it because you are taking shite?

You are neither an attorney nor a journalist.
Remind me, why do you come here again?
You add nothing of value to the discussion.

Thank you to the person with the great vantage point that recorded the show.

It's clear that the "offender" yelled out "We miss you in old Trafford" and seconds later, he shouted, "We miss you in Trafford," all while there were other people shouting, whooping, and making enthusiastic noise in general.

Morrissey misunderstood what he heard, that's the simple, correct answer here. He f***ed up.

But it was disgusting to see Boz fall in line with what Morrissey (and I'm sure the tour manager) said to him and go out on stage and make his declarations. I expect that sort of herd mentality from Jesse, but Boz?

It was almost like a scene right out of a Nazi movie: "If we can have the house lights on, we're gonna find the person..." A f***ing Nazi-like witch hunt. And then the band just stands menacing at the lip of the stage, not really sure what they're looking for.

The world of Morrissey has become a complete embarrassment.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom