Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
What a huge surprise that out of all the thousands there it would be a Brit, a northerner no less, that made the decisive comment, one of a few in an audience of thousands. Quelle Surprise!

Here is my take...

Morrissey hears the 'Trafford' comment. I believe it was something positive that was misheard by Morrissey. I don't know what he heard but nothing offensive was said. This clearly irritated him as he said 'is that funny?' and then he reacted again to a separate comment 'just say it' by saying 'that's not very nice'. I think the 'just say it' comment was a 'just ignore them' plea rather than a 'hurry up' demand!

One thing I wish had happened is that someone in the crowd would have had the bottle to say to the band during the witch hunt 'tell us what he heard that upset him and we will find the person who said it'. I honestly don't think Morrissey would have been able to answer that one. Maybe he's not well, maybe there is something he just couldn't deal with.

I agree with you.. I think this might turn out to be one big mistake where there were no offensive words shouted (apart from one idiot screaming "suck it"). I had also thought things might have taken a different turn if only someone asked what was the insult, but I think the audience was just confused. The immediate and unexpected switch from Moz singing and swinging happily on the stage to the sight of an empty stage and five or so guys shouting at the audience was traumatic to me. I was speechless and confused and not sure what was happening, not until I came back home and started searching the web for any explanation of what the hell happened. What a bad luck.

Indeed. Future tours will be problematical, to say the least.

P.

People on here have been predicting the exact same thing for over a decade and still the shows are being insured. It's only this site that creates storms in teacups - out in the real world, it's business as usual and professionals are less fixated than So_Low on sneering and attacking.

Oh, and I see Cher has just cancelled ANOTHER 29 dates on medical advice. I wonder if her unofficial fansites are slagging her off...(or perhaps they're not full of bitter under-achievers?).

:D

this place is oh so incredible

witnesses & fans who don't understand english native speakers in concert but 'chasin and translatin signals' they got from youtube footage here :drop dead laughing:

morrissey's hard forum fans who are not sure what 'ol' trafford' stands for :)

:popcorn:

p.s. ofc, i think morrissey is right :D - it was his show and he'll bear the burden of the quit, whatever had happened

p.p.s. %

What a huge surprise that out of all the thousands there it would be a Brit, a northerner no less, that made the decisive comment, one of a few in an audience of thousands. Quelle Surprise!

I not sure the average Brit would shout a phrase like "suck it!", at least not in that context... :brows:

It's an Americanism.

I not sure the average Brit would shout a phrase like "suck it!", at least not in that context... :brows:

It's an Americanism.

Yes, I agree with that but this wasn't the phrase I was referring to but the Trafford / traffic comment. If you listen again there is some laughter after this comment and the laughter sounds 'mocking' in its nature. If you give it another listen you might see what I mean.

As for the 'suck it' phrase I'm really not sure someone shouted 'suck it'. Its hard to decipher but I don't think anyone would shout this and it doesn't sound like it. Like you say its not something a Brit would say (similar in the way a Brit would never shout mother*****).

I like when he speaks to the audience. At the shows I've been to he's been chatty. I would rather see an artist interact with the audience instead of being a robot on a stage churning out songs.

I was so excited to see the Brian Jonestown Massacre a few years ago. I made it to the rails of the club, and the band completely ignored the audience the entire show and acted like a bunch of self-important assholes. Really?

Hey, "Anonymous"... You seem to be as sensitive as Morrissey! Of COURSE concerts are better with artist dialogue between songs. I said "IT's TIME TO STOP" not "ARTISTS SHOULD NEVER." You must be new to Morrissey? It's time for an artist to stop doing it when they ruin their own shows because THEY MIS-HEAR someone from the audience. Moz is the tops for me, but at age 55 to be acting like this? I've changed my opinion on this since the Lincoln, NE concert. If an artist attempts dialogue at a rock/pop concert where people are drinking beer, then they need to be mentally prepared for whatever gets thrown back at them. (Verbally, of course.). And because Moz clearly lacks the ability to blow off one or two blowhards with a "hey buddy, might wanna lay off the sauce," then it's time for him to stop attempting dialogue with the audience. There. Now it's been spelled out for you like a kindergartner requires. Why don't you go back to Old Trafford, now!

Oh lordy, lordy, lordy...

9:04 Male voice shouts something. THIS is the offending remark, Moz reacts immediately.
To me it sounds like he says "You're gonna try in Trafford!", possibly "You're gonna die in Trafford!". At first I thought he was shouting "traffic" but I think it is Trafford.

The damage is done at 9:04

I just had this idea.. could someone make a banner saying 'Warsaw loves you' and take it to the Krakow show? What do you guys think? I would do it myself, but unfortunately I am not able to go

And now this makes at least 4 of you who heard it (see above)

I definitely hear "You're gonna die in Trafford!" (or possibly "traffic"). Which could be interpreted as a death threat, thus the reason given that Moz didn't feel safe. If not "die" then what can the word be? "You're gonna die in Trafford/Traffic"? Or "You're going down in Trafford"? Also - the man shouting sounds rather angry. Another thing is when Morrissey asks "Is that funny?" someone in the crowd answers "No, not funny" so it would seem at least one other person heard the insult.

I thought it sounded like some woman yelled "Just scrape more tissue" directly after he said is that funny

when you see something like that happen start cheering for moz right away. thats what we did to save our show. i had a girl near me shouting he's going to leave and other worried words and encouraged us to cheer. she seemed like a vet so we did and he continued. couldnt tell if he ejected the offender but kept going

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom