Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
He's thrown away the most devoted audience an artist could ask for. You get no argument from me - it's a terrible shame.

And yet...for some reason...he still moans on about chart position. In the US he hasn't really had a hit since YATQ and even then very little radio airplay. Conversely, The Foo Fighters, Weezer, and U2 (all bands with quite a bit of "seasoning" so to speak) all have new music being played on the morning radio station I listen to. You would think given his desire for recognition that we would be saying things like...not Morrissey on TV again...or...there is another tune designed to get him on the radio...but no...we get silence and an album that only existing fans and critics like. This dichotomy in his personality I find to be quite intriguing.

ill take morrissey the temperamental artist over morrissey the professional and ill tip my wallet as well. i had tickets to see him in baltimore and he canceled like two weeks before and i didnt die or loose my mind and complain endlessly, only a little, i just looked to when i could buy the next tickets. im with chickpea on this

What Morrissey DOESN'T actually do is spend every single day on the internet, sneering at and attacking one single person, day in day out, week after week, month after month, year after year. Imagine if Moz did the same thing that JB or BB does...? The idea that any of you usual suspects has the moral highground here is beyond laughable.

And yet...for some reason...he still moans on about chart position. In the US he hasn't really had a hit since YATQ and even then very little radio airplay. Conversely, The Foo Fighters, Weezer, and U2 (all bands with quite a bit of "seasoning" so to speak) all have new music being played on the morning radio station I listen to. You would think given his desire for recognition that we would be saying things like...not Morrissey on TV again...or...there is another tune designed to get him on the radio...but no...we get silence and an album that only existing fans and critics like. This dichotomy in his personality I find to be quite intriguing.

:D THAT's how he keeps 'em coming back.

It's not just his talent, it's not just that he's a remarkable artist doing a singular job, it's that he's a walking, talking, singing contradiction. He's kind, he's cruel, he's tough, he's weak, he's whip-smart and utterly clueless, he's terribly funny and just as sad. He craves media attention while he shies away from it. He loves his audience, and he often leaves them hanging.

It's all a bit inexplicable (and rather exhausting).

What Morrissey DOESN'T actually do is spend every single day on the internet, sneering at and attacking one single person, day in day out, week after week, month after month, year after year. Imagine if Moz did the same thing that JB or BB does...? The idea that any of you usual suspects has the moral highground here is beyond laughable.

Lenin used to call people like you useful idiots. Look it up, then look in the mirror. In fact, from now on every time you look in the mirror I want you to remember it.

People chucked piss at the New Yorks Dolls and called them queer … fag's … scum. They never walked off stage in a tizzy, they stood their ground and played harder. Ditto The Pistols. Ditto Penetration. Ditto Buzzcocks … ditto every f***ing band Morrissey admires. He isn't a f***ing opera singer, he is playing a rock concert in a rock venue to an audience that ALWAYS will include pissed up idiots.

I suspect Morrissey knows his music these days simply isn't up to snuff, and is therefore even more sensitive to criticism than before. There are no insightful, amusing, or even tuneful songs to stay and fight for anymore. I find it hard to believe a man who has shown great musical taste in the past doesn't realise his lyrical and melodic powers are waning. That might be a better explanation for his lack of support for World Peace when it was released. Harvest were perhaps a convenient scapegoat for his own misgivings about an album in which he had little faith.

He conducts his interviews by email, refuses to put himself up in front of any media that might challenge him and his often vile opinions, and these days even a perceived, unproven slight from an audience member results in him running away. He is on record as saying his personal opinion must not be challenged. That's fine as long as he doesn't use his celebrity to advance his views, but he does.

Clearly Morrissey has significant physical problems, whatever the cause, and it is hard not to come to the conclusion there are severe mental issues too. A fifty-five year old man in any line of work should not react to minor adversity like a thirteen year old child, yet he does so regularly. If he isn't under some sort of supervision for his mental state he should be.

Nobody's mentioned cancer heckling as a possibility yet, but that would certainly upset him and throw off his desire to sing.

Would any of the posters here crying "unprofessionalism" change their minds if the above was the reason he walked off?

In the meantime, this show wins the title of being the least recorded of the entire tour.

Crikey, the Daily Mail has "reported" it with a different spin on the alleged offensive comment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...tremely-offensive-chauvinistic-abuse-him.html

30 minutes. Not bad.

I'm genuinely interested in any other artist who has walked off/cancelled as often as Morrissey has. For whatever reason. Who comes close or beats his record?

P.

Is this a new thing. I'm not sure if Morrissey used to speak so much between tunes, probably needs a breather. I still think it's a disgrace that he should allow one person to ruin such a good night and good feedback from a positive audience. Moz is giving Madonna a run for her money in the Diva stakes.

People chucked piss at the New Yorks Dolls and called them queer … fag's … scum. They never walked off stage in a tizzy, they stood their ground and played harder. Ditto The Pistols. Ditto Penetration. Ditto Buzzcocks … ditto every f***ing band Morrissey admires. He isn't a f***ing opera singer, he is playing a rock concert in a rock venue to an audience that ALWAYS will include pissed up idiots. What next? Is he going to walk off stage is someone has a hairstyle he takes umbrage with? Pathetic behavior from a grown man whose contempt for his audience continues seemingly unabated. Reading these posts is amusing and makes the whole thing even more ridiculous. Did he really mistake "I love You" for "f*** You" and "Old Trafford" for "Old f*****"?! It is asinine. What I wanna' know is when is the Manc' gonna' come forward and tell us what he REALLY said … we'll have to wait readers, he is probably on an Easy Jet flight back to Stanstead as we speak ...

Excellent points.

P.

Its time for everyone to realise that morrissey is just about finished, can't complete a tour, can't write songs like the old days and basically on the way out.. As a smiths/ morrissey supporter for 30+ years, i think its time the tale were told.. I've had the disappointment of cancelled shows and the disappointment of lack lustre albums.. good luck to all with tickets for the remaining shows. You're going to need it..

Morrissey is only abusive if he's a part of your life - the bad stuff only gets to you if you let it. I love Morrissey's music, I could listen to him sing the words off a cereal box, but he doesn't factor into my life in any other way. I agree with some of his pronouncements, cringe at others, and despair at the worst of it. He's not an abusive presence though: he's not a factor. The only time I feel put-upon is when he cancels or storms off; now, like so many people, I've come to expect it. He's lost me as an advance ticket-buyer. That's a serious problem for a live artist.

My comment was directed at the sycophantic apologists who continually make excuses and rationalizations to justify and accept his bad behavior. I think those very people would let him walk all over them in real life--just like the yes men and women who make up his entourage do.

This is a basic misunderstanding of the nature of fame and celebrity: Morrissey doesn't continue his misbehavior because the fans "let him." He's been like this forever, and he will continue to be so until the game is over. Nothing that is said here will change that. He's hardwired, and if he's willing to hurt those close to him (and those who work for him, or with him), then he certainly doesn't care if a bunch of folks log into a website (that he openly hates) and complain. We are as fleas to an elephant.

The only thing that "gets to" Morrissey is a shrinking audience (and even then he misplaces the blame). He's feeling that now, and I do believe it hurts. My attitude (or your attitude, or anyone's online attitude) is meaningless next to those warm bodies out there in the dark.

I don't think I am misunderstanding anything. Moz surrounds himself with people who say yes and enable him to get away with things that you and I would never be able to. He is a spoiled brat. His mum was probably the first person who catered to his every whim--conditioning him and reinforcing his behaviors. His fans continue the cycle. If he lost his mum, his yes men entourage, and his fans, he'd lose his audience. Perhaps then, and only then, would he change. Or he could live out the rest of his life as a recluse like Howard Hughes--unwilling and unable to compromise. I do blame the fans, without a doubt.

Lenin used to call people like you useful idiots. Look it up, then look in the mirror. In fact, from now on every time you look in the mirror I want you to remember it.

I suspect Morrissey knows his music these days simply isn't up to snuff, and is therefore even more sensitive to criticism than before. There are no insightful, amusing, or even tuneful songs to stay and fight for anymore. I find it hard to believe a man who has shown great musical taste in the past doesn't realise his lyrical and melodic powers are waning. That might be a better explanation for his lack of support for World Peace when it was released. Harvest were perhaps a convenient scapegoat for his own misgivings about an album in which he had little faith.

He conducts his interviews by email, refuses to put himself up in front of any media that might challenge him and his often vile opinions, and these days even a perceived, unproven slight from an audience member results in him running away. He is on record as saying his personal opinion must not be challenged. That's fine as long as he doesn't use his celebrity to advance his views, but he does.

Clearly Morrissey has significant physical problems, whatever the cause, and it is hard not to come to the conclusion there are severe mental issues too. A fifty-five year old man in any line of work should not react to minor adversity like a thirteen year old child, yet he does so regularly. If he isn't under some sort of supervision for his mental state he should be.

I find the lack of face-to-face interviews and photoshoots troubling. I've sensed something was off with him since before the US tour.

Its time for everyone to realise that morrissey is just about finished, can't complete a tour, can't write songs like the old days and basically on the way out.. As a smiths/ morrissey supporter for 30+ years, i think its time the tale were told.. I've had the disappointment of cancelled shows and the disappointment of lack lustre albums.. good luck to all with tickets for the remaining shows. You're going to need it..

So you'd be on the way out too then right? Say your goodbyes :)

:D THAT's how he keeps 'em coming back.

It's not just his talent, it's not just that he's a remarkable artist doing a singular job, it's that he's a walking, talking, singing contradiction. He's kind, he's cruel, he's tough, he's weak, he's whip-smart and utterly clueless, he's terribly funny and just as sad. He craves media attention while he shies away from it. He loves his audience, and he often leaves them hanging.

It's all a bit inexplicable (and rather exhausting).

I know...you start to feel like a battered fan ;) I have had two of the five concerts I went to cancelled at the last minute (Vegas, Philly) and still I went back for more. I disagree with most of what he says yet I still lap it up like a cat licking up milk. He is my nourishment and my poison. Dear God, Please Help Me!

My comment was directed at the sycophantic apologists who continually make excuses and rationalizations to justify and accept his bad behavior. I think those very people would let him walk all over them in real life--just like the yes men and women who make up his entourage do.

I don't think I am misunderstanding anything. Moz surrounds himself with people who say yes and enable him to get away with things that you and I would never be able to. He is a spoiled brat. His mum was probably the first person who catered to his every whim--conditioning him and reinforcing his behaviors. His fans continue the cycle. If he lost his mum, his yes men entourage, and his fans, he'd lose his audience. Perhaps then, and only then, would he change. Or he could live out the rest of his life as a recluse like Howard Hughes--unwilling and unable to compromise. I do blame the fans, without a doubt.

Absolutely. I was thinking about this the other day-Mammy spoiled him rotten, he lived with her until he made money in the Smiths. He went from one pampered situation to another. I doubt he's ever touched a vacuum in his life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom