Warsaw - Stodola (Nov. 19, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey storms off stage in Poland after just 25 minutes when fan hurls 'extremely offensive and chauvinistic' abuse at him - Daily Mail. Link posted by an anonymous person.

Excerpt:

According to event organiser Live Nation, the incident happened because one member of the audience hurled ‘extremely offensive and chauvinistic’ abuse at the artist.

Although it has not been confirmed, it has been claimed the remarks stem from Morrissey’s recent cancer diagnosis.

Live Nation Polska Facebook post, excerpt translated:

PRESS RELEASE (19.11.2014)

During today’s Morrissey concert at Stodola Club in Warsaw one of the members of the audience standing close to the stage directed extremely offensive and chauvinistic words to the Artiste. This forced the Artiste to leave the stage.

We welcome anyone present at tonight’s Warsaw show, the offer of free admission to the concert in Cracow, that will take place at Laznia Nowa on November 21, 2014.
  • MORRISSEY - Stodoła, Warszawa, 19/11/14 (foto: P. Tarasewicz) (59 total) - cgp.pl. Link posted by docinwestchester.

warsaw.jpg
  • Five pound voucher offered by Live Nation for six song Warsaw concert; Facebook group created for full refund - Dec. 10, 2014

Last edited:
I'm genuinely interested in any other artist who has walked off/cancelled as often as Morrissey has. For whatever reason. Who comes close or beats his record?

P.

PJ Proby was pretty legendary in his day for no shows, walking off mid song and chucking abuse at the punters. Don't think he can hold a candle to Mozza though. Incidentally, PJ's version of 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' is cracking …

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm hearing rumors the tour promoter doesn't know where Morrissey is and whether tomorrow's show will go on.

He's pulled a disappearing act before.

I'm genuinely interested in any other artist who has walked off/cancelled as often as Morrissey has. For whatever reason. Who comes close or beats his record?

P.

Cat Power.

But he literally forgets this when he's on stage BECAUSE HE'S CHANNELING THE GHOST OF A WOMAN. He's not even Morrissey technically. I can't explain it.

You guys see it as a concert, but going to a Moz show is more like going to a seance. He gets spooked.

Idon't know why, but i have a feeling that you're right.....

All these people saying "It's Morrissey, it's what he does" - you may as well just tip up your wallet and empty the contents down the drain, because that's the sum total of what you're supporting these days. Anyone who is happy with catching a plane, booking hotels and buying a ticket, then is happy with the experience you got the other night - tip out your wallet - you are throwing your money away. It boils my piss that someone who wants your money, nay HAS your money, feels it's OK to walk off, no matter what the circumstance.

Right. Now I'm gonna sit here and see how long the Cambridgeshire freak takes to reply.

P.

There have always been cancelled shows and shortened shows since the Smiths. Nothing new. So are you suggesting that those people who paid to see the Smiths were wasting their money? I know you are still stuck in the Smiths dream (yawn). Would you "empty your wallet" for a reformation ticket knowing full well he may not show up? You would wouldn't you? and why? because you know there is a good chance it might be amazing and a small chance it might not.

Its the same now. All reports indicate there have been some great nights on this tour, most nights it seem have been great in fact. Its just you that has your knickers in a bunch.

Morrissey is an artist and he feeds off the energy of the audience and of the moment. He isn't a "professional performer" or an "act" and he never has been. He doesn't compare to other performers or bend to convention because he offers something unique. Personally I don't want him to "soldier on" or "stick it out" or "see it through", I want nothing short of passion and high art and real drama. You have to accept the highs and the lows with that. Not every show will be perfect, not every night will be inspirational. You pays your money and take your chance. Sometimes you can a magical night that lives with you forever just for your ticket price. Last time I saw him was in Brixton, he sang Art-hounds for the first time and I'll never forget that moment, never. I also saw him at the roundhouse when he lasted two songs. Its the nature of the beast, always has been..... You f***ing prick.

Guys - I think most of you are missing the point. Everything about this is suggestive of mental health problems. It's no secret that Moz has had problems of that nature most of his adult life. Have some empathy.

There have always been cancelled shows and shortened shows since the Smiths. Nothing new. So are you suggesting that those people who paid to see the Smiths were wasting their money? I know you are still stuck in the Smiths dream (yawn). Would you "empty your wallet" for a reformation ticket knowing full well he may not show up? You would wouldn't you? and why? because you know there is a good chance it might be amazing and a small chance it might not.

Its the same now. All reports indicate there have been some great nights on this tour, most nights it seem have been great in fact. Its just you that has your knickers in a bunch.

Morrissey is an artist and he feeds off the energy of the audience and of the moment. He isn't a "professional performer" or an "act" and he never has been. He doesn't compare to other performers or bend to convention because he offers something unique. Personally I don't want him to "soldier on" or "stick it out" or "see it through", I want nothing short of passion and high art and real drama. You have to accept the highs and the lows with that. Not every show will be perfect, not every night will be inspirational. You pays your money and take your chance. Sometimes you can a magical night that lives with you forever just for your ticket price. Last time I saw him was in Brixton, he sang Art-hounds for the first time and I'll never forget that moment, never. I also saw him at the roundhouse when he lasted two songs. Its the nature of the beast, always has been..... You f***ing prick.

Very well said. Judy Garland was exactly the same - huge swathes of cancelled shows, but few minded because when she was on form she was sublime. Ignore Skinny (and the others) - as you correctly say, they're just stuck in the past, masturbating over their Smiths vinyl. It's funny how these people pretend not to care, pretend to hate every move Morrissey makes, yet they're here every single day - literally, EVERY SINGLE DAY. And then they actually have the nerve to accuse Morrissey of dishonesty, laziness, being a drama queen, etc etc etc !

P.

Michael Jackson didn't turn up for his 50 date This Is It O2 residency*. George Michael has been known to cancel a few cos he prefers smoking and licking crack and Culture Club have cancelled their comeback tour. But no one comes close to Sicknote Steven

*f*** me that was 5 and a half years ago. Where does the time go?

P.

Possibly The Fall? But at least you tend to get something even if MES is smoking in the changing room with his carrier bag full of cheap lager.

I do like the unpredictability in live performances of abrasive artists but unpredictable Morrissey is oh-so f***ing predictable.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm hearing rumors the tour promoter doesn't know where Morrissey is and whether tomorrow's show will go on.

He's pulled a disappearing act before.

He'll be fine.

Ok, long time listener first time caller.

I will spill my beans (which might interest one or two of you) and then my two cents (which will interest none of you)

Firstly my beans:

I see some of the posters are referring to earlier incidents in which Mozza has had "the culprit" banished from the show and then continued. I noticed that these posters agreed with this conduct. I put "the culprit" in brackets because I was at the Oslo show where Mozza was hit with a beer. I remember it as mosly gruesome. I was standing right before the stage during "girlfriend in a coma", then a beer hit him. The song was stopped and so was the show. Mozza asked the crowd to beat up the culprit (as can be seen on youtube, if anyone should doubt me), and surely someone was beaten up. I remember some poor fellow being dragged through the crowd, all the while being punched by Mozza's loyal fans (of which I am one, but I didnt beat anyone). This brutality ruined the show for me, but it was only after the show that I found out that it was in fact one of my friends that chucked the beer, and not the poor fellar that was beaten up and man handled by security. My friend said he was standing rather back in the crowd and meant to chuck the beer into the mosh pit (which is a stupid and care less thing to do, no argument there), but that he never meant for it to hit the Mozza. He of course didnt dare to admit to the fact when he say the mood of the crowd - Mozza called for blood and all his loyal fans were ready to draw blood for him (and sadly some poor innocent guy was beaten up). Well, my only point of saying this is that the "banish the culprit, then continue with the show"-politics is a poor way of handling things as some poor innocent fellar is more likely to be called out than the actual culprit.

Well, anyway, on to my two cents:

I love Mozza as much as anyone else on this board and would die standing up for him. But that is because, through his songs, he is doing just that for me. When he leaves his fans hanging he is doing just the opposite, which is a disgrace no matter what was said.

24 hours on and still nobody knows what the comment was that prompted the end of the gig. Bizarre rumours that it was something about cancer seem baseless as the promoter announced that it was 'chauvinistic', a nice theory that 'old trafford' got confused with 'old f*****' made me smile but i was standing 20foot or so behind the 'trafford' shouter and i clearly heard the word trafford so Moz standing closer in front would'v heard it better than me. And still only youtube footage of one song despite the fact that so many people were filming on phones that the guy next to me was yelling 'put your f***ing phones down'.

The promoter has offered free entry to the Krakow show for Warsaw ticket holders but i doubt many will travel (3hours by train, 4-5hrs by road plus last minute hotel and day off work) and those of us who will would'v already bought their tickets at the same time as purchasing the Warsaw ones. Clearly Krakow hasn't sold out and the promoter is making weak gesture to avoid refunds but i'll certainly be claiming my money back. Perhaps anyone else who makes a claim can inform us of their progress.

I have video clips of the Warsaw gig.

I can't hear anything offensive which makes me think that maybe Morrissey misheard what someone shouted.

I'm currently in a hotel in Krakow trying to upload to YT but the connection is not good.

I'll post again with a link if I can upload it.

Failing that, I'll upload it as soon as I'm back in the UK on Sunday evening.

Karl
NE24

Everyone keeps talking about tour insurance.

Is there anyone in the music industry that knows anything about this?

I'm tired of people making these blanket statements that they know nothing about and are just speculating.

Can someone with some knowledge talk about this and site a legitimate source about what kind of insurance he would want and possibly might not get.

If your answer begins with "I think" or "I believe" it's not an answer.

http://www.kelleydrye.com/publications/articles/1477/_res/id=Files/index=0/1477.pdf

This goes a long way towards answering your question. I'm someone who brought up the insurance question earlier. I can tell you that in the industry he is "grudgingly booked." He is usually good for tickets in smaller venues (and a few huge ones in America). This is nothing like first few tours though. That's fine and to be expected. You have to pay for him (40,000 or so for an 1800 seat venue) and last I heard he was asking for another 4-5k for his own catering/personal chef. You read that correctly. The bad news is the promotion of the show. As Morrissey isn't regularly played on the radio and written about on blogs constantly, you don't have built in and free advertising the way you would with a Coldplay or Arctic Monkeys. The promoter or venue has to pay for radio, tv or print ads. They had to turn away other acts that could have played (and not cancelled) on the same date. Whether their fault or not, the venue will be associated with negative press. These are just a few of the reasons Morrissey will have trouble finding a company to insure his tours.

I don't think any changes have been made recently, what can't be seen?

Usually you can navigate through an entire thread without signing in. As of yesterday (for me) you just get the first page of replies and no page numbers shown.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom