Helsinki - Finlandia (Nov. 16, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Certain People I Know / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / How Soon Is Now? / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Not A Man / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Image posted by modrevolve:

helsinki_2_anim2.gif

Last edited:
It's my new personal life goal to meet that guy, and maybe even be lifted by him. Hell, if he can lift Morrissey, he can lift me.

Yeah I saw that too, was that his first contact? Moz went into the crowd after touching him, he's Zeus. Or was for a bit that night. It's hard to explain.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm super impressed he did that. Everyone was very gentle!

Is that guy with the racing stripes security or a fan? I love that he's singing the song with him complete with fist pump. :D

Wait I think he's just a fan and the angle is weird.

As suggested by someone on my FB page, maybe the Hispter Lifter does have some sort of telepathic powers :straightface:
Yeah I saw that too, was that his first contact? Moz went into the crowd after touching him, he's Zeus. Or was for a bit that night. It's hard to explain.

Is that guy with the racing stripes security or a fan? I love that he's singing the song with him complete with fist pump. :D

I thought he was security at first, too, but I'm pretty sure it's the same guy who caught Moz's shirt and then ran up for a hug at the end of EDILS.

As suggested by someone on my FB page, maybe the Hispter Lifter does have some sort of telepathic powers :straightface:

I'd pick him for my dodgeball team, fo sho.

Goodness, I can't believe he waded into the audience during "Bullfighter." For a moment it looks like they won't let him get back up on stage, they're too busy petting him, but then they let him go as he sings, "because we all want me . . . to die!" Mozzer must have really loved this crowd, and clearly they love him too.

Maybe he's been watching some of The National's videos lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodness, I can't believe he waded into the audience during "Bullfighter." For a moment it looks like they won't let him get back up on stage, they're too busy petting him, but then they let him go as he sings, "because we all want me . . . to die!" Mozzer must have really loved this crowd, and clearly they love him too.

Incredible. :love:

I mistakenly thought the full-body lift was a first, someone mentioned a Smiths gig from '83 (!).
Am I wrong in thinking he's never waded into the crowd like that, or did that also happen at a Smiths gig?
What a show for those who were there! If only the lighting setup weren't so plain/lame.

This is beautiful to see Morrissey getting so close to fans, looking coy and relaxed. I wish I'd been there so much!

Instead of dwelling on the bummer from Warsaw, I'm just gonna watch this gif of Moz wading in the crowd over and over again.

Nice one Ville, great photos. We shared taxi in Padova!
I was thinking you would be enjoying the gigs in your home town. All the best.
Ian

Hey! The LA gal from the same taxi was at the concerts, too bad you couldn't come. Moz + Band was in top energetic form & the audience in loud form. Second show's encore was like in old days, people rushing to the stage all the time. Moz recognized his shirt in the front row and asked "is it mine" and then said "it's yours now, does it smell?. The guy get the mic and said 3rd of june 1984. The Smiths played their only show in Finland at Provinssirock then. See you in Manchester sometime!

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSpWK19XscQ&autoplay=1[/video]

Jumpy, but worth the watch for the lift up bit. Enjoy! I'm still smiling.

Haha, at 1.46 my brother kisses Moz's hand and hugs him. After him I try to rush there but I get blocked by the security guards...at least i got a handshake.

It was awesome seeing the big guy lifting old Moz up like that, Morrissey seemed a bit alarmed at first but indeed he did smile in the end of the encounter. All in all it was a super great gig, though at some point I felt embarrassed to see how still people were standing...

By the way, does someone know who the people sitting on special seats at the side of stage were? Someone mentioned they are regulars, but I want to know names or something. One of them looked so damn familiar!!

Instead of dwelling on the bummer from Warsaw, I'm just gonna watch this gif of Moz wading in the crowd over and over again.

Thank you for made this, I'll keep it! It was me who caught his hand and held it all the time while this episode, and who pulled him in the crowd very gently, and finally he returned to us. I'm the golden haired girl there. it was not those guy who lifted him later:)

Haha, at 1.46 my brother kisses Moz's hand and hugs him. After him I try to rush there but I get blocked by the security guards...at least i got a handshake.

It was awesome seeing the big guy lifting old Moz up like that, Morrissey seemed a bit alarmed at first but indeed he did smile in the end of the encounter. All in all it was a super great gig, though at some point I felt embarrassed to see how still people were standing...

By the way, does someone know who the people sitting on special seats at the side of stage were? Someone mentioned they are regulars, but I want to know names or something. One of them looked so damn familiar!!

That was a very good show and Morrissey seemed really happy. This has to be one of my favorite shows.

The 4 guys on the special seats are on Morrissey's personal Guestlist. They were Chris Wilde, Stephen Tait, Paul Rhodes and Doug Tran(?)

Ive met them all and Paul and Stephen are really nice guys, Doug is nice too although I don't know him well as the others but Chris appears to be nice but I wouldn't trust him and heard he is two-faced etc

Can't wait for Berlin tomorrow.

That was a very good show and Morrissey seemed really happy. This has to be one of my favorite shows.

The 4 guys on the special seats are on Morrissey's personal Guestlist. They were Chris Wilde, Stephen Tait, Paul Rhodes and Doug Tran(?)

Ive met them all and Paul and Stephen are really nice guys, Doug is nice too although I don't know him well as the others but Chris appears to be nice but I wouldn't trust him and heard he is two-faced etc

Can't wait for Berlin tomorrow.

Oh, ok! Thanks a bunch!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom