What do you think of Morrissey's series of 'f***...' t-shirts?

What do you think of the series of 'f***...' t-shirts Morrissey gets his band to wear?

• Total voters

Maurice E Maher

He's at it again. Getting the band to wear t-shirts with a 'f*** someone/something Morrissey doesn't much like' slogan.
The record company, Harvest, seems to be the current preferred target but we've also had members of the royal family (William and Kate), a magazine about pop music (NME), and the dictator of a country in the Middle East who may have been responsible for the death of thousands of civilians (Bashar al-Assad). Oh and, of course, a website dedicated to his own music (i.e. this one!).

Last edited:
Don't mind either way.
It's quite the Morrissey thing to use vulgar language when not appropriate or expected, so I'm comfortable with it in that sense. I prefer when it's completely off the wall - slagging NME or the royals is a bit ordinary.

I always prefer it when Moz decides to herald something he loves than condemn something he hates. Getting the band to wear 'Attack' t-shirts would say more and look better - and be more humerous - than 'f*** Harvest'. Rather than Will and Kate t-shirts, why not get the band to wear Nico t-shirts as they've done before, or Maya Angelou t-shirts?

I find it mildly humorous, but It's a bit too much of a "in joke" for most people in the audience to even understand. Let's not forget that the majority of those in attendance at any given show are not obsessives like us and do not follow the latest Morrissey drama.

I'm always amazed when I go to shows and talk to random people at the bar or in the lobby that VERY FEW follow Morrissey's every move as we do.

Last edited:
I find it mildly humorous, but It's a bit too much of a "in joke" for most people in the audience to even understand. Let's not forget that the majority of those in attendance at any given show are not obsessives like us and do not follow the latest Morrissey drama.

Good point—I hadn't really thought of it that way.

I guess "mildly humorous" describes how I feel about it as well. I always get a little chuckle when a new one appears, but it's on a very base level. "f***" is one of my favorite words, and it's still weirdly titillating to see Morrissey use it, even in a non-verbal way. I don't think the shirts are particularly clever, though, and I agree with Anon that it would be more interesting to see a rotating variety of shirts promoting people/things Morrissey (or the band, hey!) do like.

I'm always amazed when I go to shows and talk to random people at the bar or in the lobby that VERY FEW follow Morrissey's every move as we do.

Totally agree. My friends - Smiths fans, all and to a lesser extent Morrissey fans know next to nothing outside of when he is performing locally.

I approve with hesitation. Every insult has the potential to backfire in Bird. In this one Gustavo's says "f*** NEST." That day God will prove it's "Great" by f***ing with a nest of ducklings or a person's home. You get what you give, if you give hate you'll get it back one way or another. And looking at the big picture Harvest Records is not even impacted by the message, in fact they one-upped him, he should fold this hand of cards and move onto something more moving than bitterness. I could be wrong though, he's doing it for a reason, I'm just the reader.

copenhagen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom