Gothenburg - Lisebergshallen (Nov. 11, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Suedehead / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Staircase At The University / One Of Our Own / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Istanbul / Yes, I Am Blind / Scandinavia / I'm Not A Man / Meat Is Murder // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by David Karlsson / Morrissey 55 Facebook Group via Morran.

• Morrissey | Lisebergshallen, tisdag by Johan Lindqvist, photos (6 total) by Stefan Berg - Göteborgs-Posten. Link posted by Martin.

gothenburg.jpg
  • Photos by Julia Reinhart (18 total) - Demotix. Link posted by @EricaCalil / Twitter via docinwestchester.

Last edited:
Re: Article: Gothenburg - Lisebergshallen (Nov.11, 2014) post-show

Some videos from instagram:
iconosquare.com/p/851720604911298162_357221944
instagram.com/p/vRkCW9tTBw/?modal=true
iconosquare.com/p/851880139978204854_9131816

Every time I look at the set list I can't help but wonder why Throwing My Arms is still being played, I really can't stand that song live especially when there's tons of better songs in his catalog..I know no one cares, but I do

Every time I look at the set list I can't help but wonder why Throwing My Arms is still being played, I really can't stand that song live especially when there's tons of better songs in his catalog..I know no one cares, but I do

I also care. Paris can be replaced with Mama or Sorry Doesn't Help. It would be great :)

Not a very enyhusiastic review in the local paper Göteborgs-Posten. 2 of 5.
Bad sound, undynamic band and a Morrissey struggling with his voice, apparently.
Review in swedish here:
http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/recensi...ar/1.2544683-morrissey-lisebergshallen-tisdag

Written by someone who doesn't like him in the first place or is even neutral. How refreshing...

The show was great. The handshake I got was beautiful.

Not even a white poppy for the animals who payed the ultimate price.
Who do you think you are kidding Mr Morrissey ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Cretin. Do and darken someone else's door you pathetic individual.

Written by someone who doesn't like him in the first place or is even neutral. How refreshing...

I think you have your conceptions a bit twisted.
A review is never NEUTRAL. It isn't even supposed to be. A review is always SUBJECTIVE. It's one persons view of and event/show/exhibition/whatever.
As opposed to news reporting, that is supposed to be neutral and objective.
Hopefully the reviewer has enough knowledge about the subject to write an informed opinion. But that is still all that it is. An opinion.
I should know. I've been working as a journalist for over 15 years. Both as a news reporter and reviewer of films and television. Both very different ballgames.

I think you have your conceptions a bit twisted.
A review is never NEUTRAL. It isn't even supposed to be. A review is always SUBJECTIVE. It's one persons view of and event/show/exhibition/whatever.
As opposed to news reporting, that is supposed to be neutral and objective.
Hopefully the reviewer has enough knowledge about the subject to write an informed opinion. But that is still all that it is. An opinion.
I should know. I've been working as a journalist for over 15 years. Both as a news reporter and reviewer of films and television. Both very different ballgames.

But it's like me reviewing f***ing...Ed Sheeran. I hate his shit-excuse for music and the review would not be very nuanced. Same goes for this review. A pre-conceived idea about the subject will ultimately alter the review and make it less nuanced. This is however not me saying it should be like a news report.

But it's like me reviewing f***ing...Ed Sheeran. I hate his shit-excuse for music and the review would not be very nuanced. Same goes for this review. A pre-conceived idea about the subject will ultimately alter the review and make it less nuanced. This is however not me saying it should be like a news report.

There's no point. De gustibus non est disputandum. It was ever thus. You like some stuff other people don't like, and vice versa. Let it go.

P.

He looks great ! :thumb: BUT.. setlist is very poor. Don't get me wrong. I know this is a promotional tour (and I really like his new album) and he'll sing numerous new records. It's ok. But singing ten full new songs and only eight classics (only two of them are The Smiths records, sigh!) is not fair. No HSIN ? No Asleep in encore ? MIM for the millionth time ! He'd better replace Kick the Bride and Neal Cassady with Arsenal/Ringleader songs. In North America tour he sang very good stuff (Pigsty, Disco, etc.). I know he's not going to sing Southpaw songs (I know it's gonna happen someday though lol) but can he at least sing from other albums ? :( Lastly, where is the Loneliest Planet ? Was it destroyed by aliens ?

Is he not singing Loneliest Planet anymore? I say, that is good news! He has finally understood he can't keep up with Shakira and JLo.

Thank god Chris wasn't here strutting his stuff like owning the place like he did in Copenhagen and other gigs. Two-faced man

Curtis, stop it please. This is getting boring.

Thank god Chris wasn't here strutting his stuff like owning the place like he did in Copenhagen and other gigs. Two-faced man

What on Earth are you talking about?

It was a great song when it was debuted in 2007. But 7 years on..... enough.

I have just received an FNAC email saying Lausanne is rescheduled for Sat December 13th.

"Fnac Spectacles vous annonce que la séance de la manifestation « MORRISSEY » initialement programmée le 02/11/2014 à 20:30 a été reculée au 13/12/2014 à 20:30

Le lieu de la manifestation n'est pas modifié - LES DOCKS

Attention, le/les billet(s) que vous avez acheté(s) reste/restent valable(s). Ils ne sont ni remboursables, ni échangeables.

Fnac Spectacles vous prie de l'excuser pour les désagréments et reste à disposition pour répondre à toutes vos questions en contactant le service client"

Not a very enyhusiastic review in the local paper Göteborgs-Posten. 2 of 5.
Bad sound, undynamic band and a Morrissey struggling with his voice, apparently.
Review in swedish here:
http://www.gp.se/kulturnoje/recensi...ar/1.2544683-morrissey-lisebergshallen-tisdag

I stopped reading Göteborgs-Postens reviews years ago. These are utterly incompetent people who only ever care about Bruce Springsteen and Håkan Hellström (both brilliant artists, though, but that's beside the point).
It was a great show. Moz performered brilliantly and what was said the most among people I talked to afterwards was what a stunning singer he is.
Since most people stick to Spotify these days, some om my friends hadn't even heard the new album, but where very impressed by Neal Cassady, Staircase and I'm Not A Man. Great deliverance.

I don't care how unpopular he is in these parts, this man is looking FINE.

I have to agree. I am not a fan of his song writing, but I would kill to have his physique. Also, I will be buying those eyeglass frames at once!:cool:

I was at the show! In the middle of Speedway, Morrissey singed some rows from Handsome Devil in an acapella version!!! :)

If a man said that on here about a woman you'd be one of the first posters to accuse him of sexism.
"What, are her looks the ONLY thing you see?", "Can't she even post pictures of herself without getting catcalled?", and so on.
Although allegations of sexism would be justified in certain cases, like where 'Look Out Ladies! It's Predator Robby' is concerned.
But that creep gets away with murder...
Anyway, shame on you Chickpea. At least try to be consistent. You made similar comments on a shirtless picture of Morrissey recently. I felt violated. What gives you the right....

Seekin' the truth on the dark corners of the internet, and usually finding it..
The Truth Seeker
(I'll be watching you all.... I see when you're sleeping, I know when you've been bad or good. If you behave then you won't have to hear from me again. If you make hypocritical statements then you WILL be exposed. Nobody is safe. Unless it's in the off-topic section because anonymous people can't post in there. Think before you type.)

You must be delusional if a comment about a shirtless Moz makes you feel violated. Get a life. I have to assume you were pulling the pi$$. Any man in his fifties would be happy to hear the word 'fine' applied to his physique.

Glad you had a great time and that you got a handshake too....beautiful!

Love Alma xxx

You must be delusional if a comment about a shirtless Moz makes you feel violated. Get a life. I have to assume you were pulling the pi$$. Any man in his fifties would be happy to hear the word 'fine' applied to his physique.

I'm sure he doesn't mind when people say he looks good without his shirt on, especially since he thinks he's fat quite often.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom