Crowds on this tour

A

Anonymous

Hi just a question regarding the atmosphere of crowds on this tour.

I've previously only seen Moz on UK dates and the atmosphere has been typically electric with loud audiences and lots of jumping around near the front. I'm going to see him in Berlin on this tour and was wondering what I should expect in terms of atmosphere based on the tour so far and general German/European audiences.

Thanks.

It's an interesting experience to be amongst foreign crowds because the behaviour varies. I've just done the last two Scandinavian gigs and Lund, in particular, was what you might call a 'swaying' crowd. Quite a lot of people sat in the seats at the side and then, every now and then when they heard a song they liked, jumped up and moved into the bulk of the crowd, had a dance then sat down at the end of the song..i haven't seen that before. There was a lack of boisterousness at those gigs, even when 'Scandinavia' was played it elicited a respectful applause rather than a passionate response yet i'm not critisizing in any way as i had a great time in those two countries. People were incredibly friendly and nobody ever pushed in a queue. I've been to a show at Columbiahalle before, but not Moz. The place was rammed, it took ages to get to the bar (remember to take your glass back to the bar because they charge you a deposit on it! That caught me out) and it was certainly a lot rowdier than Sweden/Denmark. It won't match the 'electric' buzz of uk or west coast crowds but it's a good venue with a kind of Brixton Academy type feel to it. I really debated going to this show myself, i found that there was a cheap overnight bus from Krakow to Berlin but alas four shows is all i can afford for this tour. Enjoy

There is no comparison. The UK and Irish crowds are a lot more lively than European ones. I've been doing the rounds for decades and this is my firm opinion. I've intentionally limited my attendance on this tour, in the hope that he adds a proper tour of the UK and Ireland. The passion and the sense of occasion of these gigs make them. On Sunday night in Copenhagen you could have walked past and not known that Morrissey was in town. When you tour the UK it's so different. From the minute you board the train you know that there is a Morrissey gig on. It's an event.

I was at the Lisbon show and the crowd were a bit stale compared to the UK. I also found it much harder to get towards the front as people got deeply offended if I tried to shuffle past them.

Back
Top Bottom