Morrissey's gig in Lyon cancelled (updated)

Re: Morrissey's gig in Lyon postponed

There was no tour in 1996, scheduled or otherwise.

He was opening for David Bowie, sometime in February or March 1996, listillo.

Somebody please point me to an example of a show being cancelled/postponed by any other artist because "the touring party" has fallen ill. It just does not happen. Musicians play with the sniffles. Crews set up a stage even with a tummy ache. This is a Morrissey-only phenomenon - a world where the phrase 'the show must go on' does not exist.

Meaning, this is a bunch of BS.

Yep. Ebola.

It's Kristeen's fault!!!! Oh, wait...

Can I just say something about this joke?

Whether she was sick or not, she had an obligation to "play ball" considering the PITY Morrissey exercised in dragging her screamin' ass around the world so she could bang the same four chords and pretend she's his dark misunderstood muse. But she didn't play ball, in fact she stated she wasn't going to "put up with the lies" or however she put it. The lies? HER WHOLE f***ING CAREER IS A LIE. But Morrissey is the liar because she pretended to have allergies instead of a snotty head cold coughing into the mics and stands. So f*** her and f*** this joke. She got some media attention from it. It did nothing. Because she is and always will be a nothing. Hope someone throws her a surprise 50th this year so she can stand there and face the lies with cake and candles and I Love Lucy party hats.

The whingeing about postponing is way more annoying than the actual postponing itself.

There was no tour in 1996, scheduled or otherwise.

Moz was the opening act ni Bowie,s outside tour. He left the tour and was replaced by Placebo.

Please explain why that spiteful comment was necessary.

Sorry. It was a mindbaby regarding "shaking" for someone else to read, not really directed at you or the situation in particular. I'm so used to being ignored I'm used to getting away with offside zingers. I do sincerely hope the tour continues and you're able to hear him in England, the videos coming in are stunning.

Oh dear. The odds on the tour finishing are not looking good. And it was going so well. This so looks like a cover story for Moz being too ill to perform. If this is the case - really sad. Hope he gets well soon.

How about paulo nutini cancelling both nights of his homecoming gigs in glasgow this week? Every artist cancels dates, the only bullshit is coming from you!

Right but did he blame it on his band/crew? Is there some sort of half-baked excuse offered up every tour by this Paul Nutella fellow for an abnormal number of touring problems?

"Flu among the touring party?" Unless Gus the flamenco guitarist, who Morrissey seems to be leaning a lot on lately, has ebola (one can dream), d.

One can dream? f*** me you are evil. Even if it was a witty aside it stinks. If you meant it you are a lowlife.

And yet the rest of his band is just fine.

As we know because of an article written a few years ago by that guy who worked on the crew for a very short time there is a Team A and a Team B on the Morrissey tour. Morrissey has a separate bus, timetable, quarters, routine so it's not hard to imagine that he alone is ill. Also the man has been generally ill for quite some time, it's not inconceivable that this would lay him out.

Sorry. It was a mindbaby regarding "shaking" for someone else to read, not really directed at you or the situation in particular. I'm so used to being ignored I'm used to getting away with offside zingers. I do sincerely hope the tour continues and you're able to hear him in England, the videos coming in are stunning.

Ah, splendid. Yes, I hope more than I can put into words that he makes it to London and indeed that all the other dates are completed. I think if you look at the performances, the great one has been enjoying it and wouldn't want this interruption. Fingers crossed for a resumption soon.

Tom (who let him out of myspace anyway) is saying that there was no suede tour in 1996 which is how I read suede/mozs comments. That was when they were touring with the cranberries I think (when the gear got stolen). I'm a pretty big suede fan myself just sayin

Moz DID not tour in 1996!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom