Morrissey's gig in Lyon cancelled (updated)

Re: Morrissey's gig in Lyon postponed

Oh, I think it was well written. Could you do better?

Absolutely! I write in my mother tongue better than him, and you can read everyday far better English than his. He is obviously not illiterate, but a little less pretention would have helped.

Moms have kids. Kids go to school and share germs. Often all the kids get sick at the same time. Now she could've said she was a teacher and you'd probably be fine w that. But she said she was a mom...which raises the question of WHO has the mommy/kid issues. Hint: it's not Eurydice.

I don't have a mommy or kids. I have got flu.

Absolutely! I write in my mother tongue better than him, and you can read everyday far better English than his. He is obviously not illiterate, but a little less pretention would have helped.

You may want to consider the irony of saying you "write in my mother tongue better than him". I should hope so. You grew up with it.

P.

I love how one random person's opinion of it seeming suspicious somehow makes it into the original post. Just subtly furthering the agenda there!

He has cancelled 40% of his shows since 1991, but that is the nature of cancer.

A friend of mine got liver cancer which spread throughout his body and he cancelled everything.

I remember the disastrous Moz supporting Bowie tour well. It was Bowie's 'Outside' Tour. I went to the last of the shows at the awful Wembley Arena on Saturday 18th November 1995. Terrible venue with red plastic seats and Pepsi kiosks. 2/3 of the crowd were there to see Bowie and not interested when Moz came on at all. The other 1/3 did their best to lift the flat atmosphere of the absolutely dreadful and soul-less venue. Moz wore a grey/brown suit same as the one he wore on Jools Holland in November 95 when he sang Boy Racer and Sunny. Moz looked as if he wasn't enjoying himself at all. There was a look on his face as if to say, 'What the f*** am I doing here?' He left the tour almost immediately after. Don't know how he stuck even playing 4 nights there as he did. Had total respect for him for leaving.

En gros c'est la merde...Ok je sors ==>:sick:

et en détail le message c'est:
-la Suisse et la Suède, c'est propre, sain, les gens sont beaux et se lavent bien les mains. C'est trop trop trop bien!

-la France, en fait, c'est tout pourri et ça fait chier.

A part une grosse baffe dans la gueule (avec des gants pour ne rien attraper), on ne peut être plus clair...

Why would anyone in this forum be surprised by this situation? Cancellation is an integral part of a Morrissey tour. The statement isn't particularly enlightening and I expect deliberately so. Who exactly is 'the touring party?' I feel sorry for those who had tickets for Lyon (who wouldn't) and hope that the tour gets back on track asap. I would normally sign off with "I wish Morrissey well" but I seem to say it so often it's beginning to sound distinctly disingenuous.

He has cancelled 40% of his shows since 1991, but that is the nature of cancer.

A friend of mine got liver cancer which spread throughout his body and he cancelled everything.

My god you're a f***ing tool.

Wtf has being a 'mom' got to do with ANYTHING? Do you think it makes you special and different to anyone else?

Are you one of those ugly women that popped out a kid to prove to the outside world that you've had sex / found a man desperate enough?

Stop going on about being a mother, no one gives a shit.

nasty momophobe :rolleyes:

Has anyone thought he might cancel because he's to pissed or pilled up to perform?

The Bowie "Outsiders" tour dates that Morrissey cancelled were in 1995. Placebo were not brought in to replace him, The Reegs were. Placebo replaced them, later on. Morrissey made great play on the story that 10,000 fans got refunds for the Manchester Nynex Arena show after he pulled out. However this has to be taken in context. Bowie was forced to half the ticket price because of refunds. So many Bowie fans would have got full price refunds and then bought the cheaper alternatives.

Anyway, everyone is jumping to conclusions over who the patient is here. Given previous experiences, I would imaging that the tour is on lockdown at the moment, with anyone infected isololated for a duration of time.

Oh, hang on. I've just jumped to a conclusion!

Sorry. It was a mindbaby regarding "shaking" for someone else to read, not really directed at you or the situation in particular. I'm so used to being ignored I'm used to getting away with offside zingers. I do sincerely hope the tour continues and you're able to hear him in England, the videos coming in are stunning.
Thank you.
I didn't get it myself. Although I will add 'mindbaby' to my list of new terms I like.
I too, obviously, want London to go ahead as I'm intending to make a couple of days of it and do Vinyl Boutique also.
That said, the ticket is probably going to remain on edge and still shake a little waiting to hear if the 'bug' has gone (I can imagine KY putting pins in a doll as I type!).
Kind regards,
FWD

I googled "Lyon + flu" and found nothing, but with "Boz Boorer + Morrissey-solo" I got "serious allergy symptoms".
Coincidence?
Unless it's Dutch flu?
Unless Jesse is allergic to windmills?
Unless Kristeen Young disguised as a air hostess spat in somebody's food on the plane?

Ooooh.
Anyway, he's not coming back.

It is just strange that no news about the Lausanne gig tomorrow and Basel on Monday. If the band is really ill, they will be cancelled as well. Same happened to Asif Avidan. Zurich was cancelled and then a few days some German gigs were taking place. Even if the statement said until date x and until date x would mean that also Munich and Frankfurt was concerned but these gigs were taking place. So I assume the Villeurbanne (Lyon) gig was just cancelled due of a lack of ticket selling. This is just bullshit, all these statements are lies!

It is just strange that no news about the Lausanne gig tomorrow and Basel on Monday. If the band is really ill, they will be cancelled as well. Same happened to Asif Avidan. Zurich was cancelled and then a few days some German gigs were taking place. Even if the statement said until date x and until date x would mean that also Munich and Frankfurt was concerned but these gigs were taking place. So I assume the Villeurbanne (Lyon) gig was just cancelled due of a lack of ticket selling. This is just bull**censored**, all these statements are lies!

It is just strange that no news about the Lausanne gig tomorrow and Basel on Monday. If the band is really ill, they will be cancelled as well. Same happened to Asif Avidan. Zurich was cancelled and then a few days some German gigs were taking place. Even if the statement said until date x and until date x would mean that also Munich and Frankfurt was concerned but these gigs were taking place. So I assume the Villeurbanne (Lyon) gig was just cancelled due of a lack of ticket selling. This is just bull**censored**, all these statements are lies!

It's not strange at all. They are waiting to see if they can play tomorrow. It's too early to cancel.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom