Fat People

I'm gaining it back bc of pot. I smoke and then eat uncontrollably and FORGET the next morning that I mindlessly polished off a bag of chiops.

i know that game. a nice way to sometimes at least offset that problem is to pre setup all your snacks beforehand. ill know theres more stuff in the kitchen but i wont want to get up depending on what im smoking, usually an indica for me.

I'm gaining it back bc of pot. I smoke and then eat uncontrollably and FORGET the next morning that I mindlessly polished off a bag of chiops.

Just stop freaking stuffing your pie holes with processed garbage; it's as simple as that. It really is.

But if that doesn't work:

Tip 1: Don't have junk food in the house. Have healthy munchies on hand.
Tip 2: Don't eat before smoking pot. Don't drink and smoke. The combination is munchies central.
Tip 3: Don't smoke pot. Schizophrenia and marijuana don't mix. Instead of self-medicating with pot, booze, and food, see a psychiatrist who can prescribe some meds that will help you cope with your SMI symptoms.

Just stop freaking stuffing your pie holes with processed garbage; it's as simple as that. It really is.

But if that doesn't work:

Tip 1: Don't have junk food in the house. Have healthy munchies on hand.
Tip 2: Don't eat before smoking pot. Don't drink and smoke. The combination is munchies central.
Tip 3: Don't smoke pot. Schizophrenia and marijuana don't mix. Instead of self-medicating with pot, booze, and food, see a psychiatrist who can prescribe some meds that will help you cope with your SMI symptoms.

SMI symptoms? WTF are you talking about?

Once you go thin and realize how much sexier, healthier, and better life is, you will never go back to being fat.

Such a strange comment.

Of course the health benefits of losing weight are considerable, but you don't inherit a better life as soon as you drop 20 or 30lbs, do you? You don't just "become" happy, your partner doesn't suddenly start having sex with you daily whereas before it was once a week. For the most part, things carry on just as they always did, but you can fit into smaller jeans and have peace of mind. Is it unfathomable to you that a person can be content, loved, have great sex, and be overweight at the same time? Why do you think that fat people cannot possibly be happy?

Such a strange comment.

Of course the health benefits of losing weight are considerable, but you don't inherit a better life as soon as you drop 20 or 30lbs, do you? You don't just "become" happy, your partner doesn't suddenly start having sex with you daily whereas before it was once a week. For the most part, things carry on just as they always did, but you can fit into smaller jeans and have peace of mind. Is it unfathomable to you that a person can be content, loved, have great sex, and be overweight at the same time? Why do you think that fat people cannot possibly be happy?

Sexier, healthier, better... if thin. Not saying one cannot be happy if overweight. Being thin does not guarantee happiness. It is like teeth. One can have stained, yellow teeth and be OK with that. But no one in their right mind would choose those kind of teeth over bright, pearly white teeth. The latter teeth are cleaner, prettier, and healthier looking. I have yet to meet an overweight person in real life that does not wish to be thin. Ask them if they think they would be happier and feel sexier and healthier if thin, and my guess is all would say absolutely. Fat and fabulous is fiction.

Sexier, healthier, better... if thin. Not saying one cannot be happy if overweight. Being thin does not guarantee happiness. It is like teeth. One can have stained, yellow teeth and be OK with that. But no one in their right mind would choose those kind of teeth over bright, pearly white teeth. The latter teeth are cleaner, prettier, and healthier looking. I have yet to meet an overweight person in real life that does not wish to be thin. Ask them if they think they would be happier and feel sexier and healthier if thin, and my guess is all would say absolutely. Fat and fabulous is fiction.

RB, have you ever been overweight? Because if you haven't - if you've always been thin, sexy, happy, healthy, whatever- I really don't see how you could know all this about what overweight people feel and think, what they want in life, how weight loss would affect them, and so on. I would hope that most fat people are not so weak-minded that they lose weight just because they want to be "prettier", because that is an issue with basic self-esteem that losing weight will not change. The only reason for losing weight that really means anything is for health reasons - to be a normal BMI, to slash chances of heart disease and stroke, to reverse any pre-diabetic symptoms, and so on. The rest is just embarrassing teenage vanity and approval-seeking, really, and you'd think people might grow out of that eventually. They'd just lose weight and move the goalposts; "oh, my nose is too big"...

Last edited:
RB, have you ever been overweight? Because if you haven't - if you've always been thin, sexy, happy, healthy, whatever- I really don't see how you could know all this about what overweight people feel and think, what they want in life, how weight loss would affect them, and so on.

I have never weighed more than 110 pounds--except when pregnant. Of course I can be empathetic and learned regarding obesity without being obese myself--much in the same way one can understand autism without being autistic. One doesn't need to have a condition, disorder, disease, or illness in order to understand it. That is absurd. That would render the whole social science industry moot.

I would hope that most fat people are not so weak-minded that they lose weight just because they want to be "prettier", because that is an issue with basic self-esteem that losing weight will not change. The only reason for losing weight that really means anything is for health reasons - to be a normal BMI, to slash chances of heart disease and stroke, to reverse any pre-diabetic symptoms, and so on. The rest is just embarrassing teenage vanity and approval-seeking, really, and you'd think people might grow out of that eventually. They'd just lose weight and move the goalposts; "oh, my nose is too big"...

That is an opinion. One which I do not share. I am not a healthatarian. There are many other reasons to NOT be fat other than for physical health: aesthetics, mental health, performance, endurance, being the best you can be--pursuit of excellence, pride, consuming less resources: food, water, space, oil, medical, clothing--smaller carbon footprint.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with a woman having a few curves, since when was that not sexy?

the most impressive thing about a woman is her mind. id date anyone i found impressive, intelligent brave and kind, no matter what the shape. i tend to find a lot of larger women more interesting in this sense than the tiniest skelator and this is coming from a person thats the size of a twig.

that aside, heres some fat music for fat people from fat wreck chords via fat mike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rezfByV6KsY

220px-FatMusicForFatPeople_albumcover.jpg

I have never weighed more than 110 pounds--except when pregnant. Of course I can be empathetic and learned regarding obesity without being obese myself--much in the same way one can understand autism without being autistic. One doesn't need to have a condition, disorder, disease, or illness in order to understand it. That is absurd. That would render the whole social science industry moot.

That is an opinion. One which I do not share. I am not a healthatarian. There are many other reasons to NOT be fat other than for physical health: aesthetics, mental health, performance, endurance, being the best you can be--pursuit of excellence, pride, consuming less resources: food, water, space, oil, medical, clothing--smaller carbon footprint.

You're not being learned and empathic. All I can see is that you're philosophising and making tremendous assumptions about a condition (being overweight) that you have no experience of, trying to guess how it feels and how it affects people. Being big affects mental health? New one on me. Lose weight for "aesthetics" - what? Pride? Because you can't have any pride if you've got an extra roll? Your arguments just do not stack up. To me, it sounds very much like a list of things that you fear losing should you ever became fat (pride, sex appeal, pursuit of excellence). Being fat would go against the standards that you expect of yourself. That's perfectly fine, but it's personal to you, and there is no reason that already-fat people should share those emotions.

Maybe we're comparing apples and oranges here. Maybe you are talking about morbid obesity - people struggling to get out of bed, people who need seatbelt extensions, people whose lives are affected in all areas by their size and the things it prevents them doing. In those cases then yes, perhaps there is an addiction, a mental health component. But I'm just talking about ordinary, workaday overweight people like CG and myself, the kind that could shift it all with a few months in the gym if they really chose. Since New Year's Day, I have lost 28lbs through working out and eating healthily, and I'm around another 20lbs from goal. I haven't changed at all. I am the same person I was 2st ago, and my life is the same as well.

Last edited:
You're not being learned and empathic. All I can see is that you're philosophising and making tremendous assumptions about a condition (being overweight) that you have no experience of, trying to guess how it feels and how it affects people. Being big affects mental health? New one on me.

You can't be being serious. Are you really that naïve? How does it NOT affect mental health? Oh and mental health has everything to do with being overweight. Overfeeding starts and ends in the mind. You can will yourself to not overfeed. It is all about attitude. I am currently writing a book about this exact thing. Will share it with you when/if I ever finish.

Lose weight for "aesthetics" - what? Pride? Because you can't have any pride if you've got an extra roll? Your arguments just do not stack up. To me, it sounds very much like a list of things that you fear losing should you ever became fat (pride, sex appeal, pursuit of excellence). Being fat would go against the standards that you expect of yourself. That's perfectly fine, but it's personal to you, and there is no reason that already-fat people should share those emotions.

Oh come on! Talk about denial. If fat were as attractive or more attractive that lean and slim, all our fashion models and actors and leaders would be overweight. As long as you defend fat you will be OK being fat.

Maybe we're comparing apples and oranges here. Maybe you are talking about morbid obesity - people struggling to get out of bed, people who need seatbelt extensions, people whose lives are affected in all areas by their size and the things it prevents them doing. In those cases then yes, perhaps there is an addiction, a mental health component. But I'm just talking about ordinary, workaday overweight people like CG and myself, the kind that could shift it all with a few months in the gym if they really chose. Since New Year's Day, I have lost 28lbs through working out and eating healthily, and I'm around another 20lbs from goal. I haven't changed at all. I am the same person I was 2st ago, and my life is the same as well.

CG is 100 pounds overweight. That makes her morbidly obese. Congratulations on your weight loss.

I haven't changed at all. I am the same person I was 2st ago, and my life is the same as well.

I don't believe you. I think you have changed. And you will continue to change, as we all do. That is what learning and growing are all about. And others will change around you--react differently to you. And their behaviors will then influence how you see yourself. How many people since January 1st have commented on your appearance? My guess is many and that it was all positive feedback. How did that make you feel? Good, right?! More determined? Rewarded? This in turn helped your self-esteem. Made you more confident. Perhaps this confidence is what landed you that deal with your last client. You got a bonus as a result. You bought your mother some nice earrings with that money. You made her happy. Your weight loss made your mom happy. It is all connected. Weight, mood, attitude.

There's no reason for anyone to be overweight, EVER! They're fat cos they eat more calories than they burn off. Fat and lazy, eat as much as u want by all means but then get on a f***in excersise bike or go for a run. Hate fat people crying about being overweight, too many people pussy foot around and indulge in their sob stories.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't be being serious. Are you really that naïve? How does it NOT affect mental health? Oh and mental health has everything to do with being overweight. Overfeeding starts and ends in the mind. You can will yourself to not overfeed. It is all about attitude. I am currently writing a book about this exact thing. Will share it with you when/if I ever finish.

Oh come on! Talk about denial. If fat were as attractive or more attractive that lean and slim, all our fashion models and actors and leaders would be overweight. As long as you defend fat you will be OK being fat.

CG is 100 pounds overweight. That makes her morbidly obese. Congratulations on your weight loss.

I don't believe you. I think you have changed. And you will continue to change, as we all do. That is what learning and growing are all about. And others will change around you--react differently to you. And their behaviors will then influence how you see yourself. How many people since January 1st have commented on your appearance? My guess is many and that it was all positive feedback. How did that make you feel? Good, right?! More determined? Rewarded? This in turn helped your self-esteem. Made you more confident. Perhaps this confidence is what landed you that deal with your last client. You got a bonus as a result. You bought your mother some nice earrings with that money. You made her happy. Your weight loss made your mom happy. It is all connected. Weight, mood, attitude.

"I don't believe you" what a ridiculous way to start a sentence about someone u know nothing about. I stopped reading at that point.

RB, I like my body. I am comfortable and confident in my body. I am TELLING YOU that I like my body, no matter how many times you tell me that I don't will not change that I do, as do many other woman whose bodies do not conform to the photoshopped, contrived ideal of beauty. Also if I lost 100 pounds I'd be 50 underweight for my body structure and height. My cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is normal, I don't have diabetes, I am no more morbidly obese than you are morbidly delusional about body images, projecting your own insecurities onto every person you meet as a form of self-affirmation of your own beliefs.

Serious question...do you scan the body from top to bottom of every person you meet or walk past and sum them up based on their weight before anything else?

This guy hiked the Pacific Crest Trail from Mexico to Canada (2600 miles) and took a selfie every mile. Certainly one way to go on a diet. I bet you a dollar he hated EVERYONE when he got back...spend some quality time with nature and people become horrible. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh come on! Talk about denial. If fat were as attractive or more attractive that lean and slim, all our fashion models and actors and leaders would be overweight. As long as you defend fat you will be OK being fat. CG is 100 pounds overweight. That makes her morbidly obese. Congratulations on your weight loss.

RB, this discussion could go on forever. You have knowledge, but no insight, and that's all I have to say. A thin person researching and second-guessing at the neuroses, motivations, mental machinations etc of people who are overweight is as redundant as me writing a book about Arizona and then telling you what it's like to live there, even though I've never set foot in the place and I live 5000 miles away. Telling people that their thoughts and experiences are wrong because they don't fit in with your pet theories, well, firstly it is stupendously arrogant and secondly it pretty much dead-ends a discussion. People are not walking equations, where you simply have to memorise a bit of formula and have them all worked out.

RB, this discussion could go on forever. You have knowledge, but no insight, and that's all I have to say. A thin person researching and second-guessing at the neuroses, motivations, mental machinations etc of people who are overweight is as redundant as me writing a book about Arizona and then telling you what it's like to live there, even though I've never set foot in the place and I live 5000 miles away. Telling people that their thoughts and experiences are wrong because they don't fit in with your pet theories, well, firstly it is stupendously arrogant and secondly it pretty much dead-ends a discussion. People are not walking equations, where you simply have to memorise a bit of formula and have them all worked out.

And this is why I love Amy. Logic + No f***s Given.

There's no reason for anyone to be overweight, EVER! They're fat cos they eat more calories than they burn off. Fat and lazy, eat as much as u want by all means but then get on a f***in excersise bike or go for a run. Hate fat people crying about being overweight, too many people pussy foot around and indulge in their sob stories.

- - - Updated - - -

"I don't believe you" what a ridiculous way to start a sentence about someone u know nothing about. I stopped reading at that point.

I've got two kids, one eats and eats and is never an inch over weight, the other eats f*** all yet is always a little bit big. Both do the same exercise. Their size is in their genes, sure they can affect it with diet but they are what they are. One will always look lean, the other will always struggle to keep his weight down.

No one on here is crying about being overweight, quite the opposite.

RB, I like my body. I am comfortable and confident in my body. I am TELLING YOU that I like my body, no matter how many times you tell me that I don't will not change that I do, as do many other woman whose bodies do not conform to the photoshopped, contrived ideal of beauty.

As long as you are comfortable with being fat, you will remain fat. You have to get out of that comfort zone in order to change. You have to hate fatness in order to reject it. You need to become INTOLERANT to it. (Not intolerant to fat people. Big difference. I hate smoking. So I won't smoke. I do not hate smokers.)

Also if I lost 100 pounds I'd be 50 underweight for my body structure and height. My cholesterol is low, my blood pressure is normal, I don't have diabetes, I am no more morbidly obese than you are morbidly delusional about body images, projecting your own insecurities onto every person you meet as a form of self-affirmation of your own beliefs.

Bullshit. You are in denial lady.

16943747955_9bb2d73cc4.jpg

Serious question...do you scan the body from top to bottom of every person you meet or walk past and sum them up based on their weight before anything else?

Absolutely not.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got two kids, one eats and eats and is never an inch over weight, the other eats f*** all yet is always a little bit big. Both do the same exercise. Their size is in their genes, sure they can affect it with diet but they are what they are. One will always look lean, the other will always struggle to keep his weight down.

No one on here is crying about being overweight, quite the opposite.

Fat apologists and Morrissey apologists seem to be one in the same. Interesting.

I have plenty of insight. Does a psychiatrist have to have schizophrenia in order to understand this mental illness? No. Does a biologist need to be a frog in order to understand its nature? No. Your logic is seriously wonky.

Back
Top Bottom