Fat People

*resisting urge not to take you up a notch"

My mom was a Bunny. I am not. Every day she gets up and does full eyes, full face, the hair and everything so she can sit and watch crappy movies on the Hallmark Channel. I took the mechanic route and keep it all practical and not fastidious. I'll never be a Playboy Bunny.

I'm not this:

15981850759_b66aa70bb2_b.jpg

I'm this:

1526710_10202480542322461_392770501_n.jpg

Also one time a dentist asked to take an impression of my bite for the purpose of creating a mold of the "perfect bite" so i'm acing it in the teeth category...unless you think I should have them so bleached they look blue and unnatural?

If you only knew how much it took.. anyway.... my concern is not you wearing the right clothes or putting on makeup or losing weight. There seems to be a lack of respect for yourself with some of the things you post here... agree? disagree?

This is an example ^ ... and your toys.. ?

Btw..they dont look unatural that was the light I was in..

Last edited:

It's an epidemic that needs to be addressed. In order to support the industry, the shame needs to exist. So advertisers have convened to cumulatively create unreachable expectations in order to sell the products that require more advertisement and by extension, job security. If there are lobbyists for monopolistic and egregious business practices, the media should be held accountable to the same standard of check and balances for shaming people into buying shit they don't need to look a way they will never look. Freedom of Speech should be amended to include freedom to not be manipulated and controlled by a billion dollar industry.

I have a friend who is a professional photoshopper. She makes, and I kid you not, a f***LOAD of money shaving pounds off celebrities, removing pores from skin, litearlly transferring the heads of models onto the bodies of others...it's all fake. All the ads are fake, you will NEVER look like that, it's impossible. But meanwhile generations of girls and boys are being raised to feel imperfect and flawed and unacceptable and instead using their resources and brains to change the world and contribute to real problems, they are wracked with self esteem issues, self-centered introspection and self-obsesseion instead of benevolent (tip of the nib to Moz) do-good outrospection and that's EXACTLY what the beauty industry wants. They thrive on labels and name brands and science and innovation to convince these young bright minds that they are worthless and ugly.

There is this magical age in a girl (and boys too) where they can do no wrong. Then they become self aware and ashamed of their bodies and their life takes two paths: 1. to rise above the media hype and move forward and create something or 2. to buy into the hype and live a self obsessed life of forever cheating nature in an attempt to one-up her with the snake oils of the beauty industry. The first path thrives on humility and compassion, the second vanity and deceit.

I could go on forever on this but I have shit to do but I feel if this issue were addressed (it's a first world issue, but our first world kids have the resources at their disposal to help third world people if they weren't so preoccupied helping themselves of non-existent problems.) then there would be a shitload of more compassion in the world. And compassion spreads like wildfire.

Woops, I broke character there. What I meant to say is STFU, RB. :D Le Battelier ain't pointing to a compact of powder on his table because a Magician isn't VAIN, he's VANE like a weather vane pointing NEWS establishing the 12 holy gates of God in his triumphant return from heaven to reform the haters of the Earth! Or something.

a8912a7ca01e3e9c034f6b6c47b645ed.jpg

If you only knew how much it took.. anyway.... my concern is not you wearing the right clothes or putting on makeup or losing weight. There seems to be a lack of respect for yourself with some of the things you post here... agree? disagree?

This is an example ^ ... and your toys.. ?

Btw..they dont look unatural that was the light I was in..

I dunno. If you knew me in real life you'd know I'm not crass, I just lack filters in a delightful way. My friends all sing the chorus to this when I burp and fart and take risks and stuff, it's like my ironic theme song, but it's not a real concern.

To steer this away from me as I've devilled it into that, let's talk about the REAL FAT person we should all love and respect this beautiful PALM sunday, FATIMA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_Fátima

And touching on palms and FAT people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamsa

(I'm getting so lazy, I used a two-year-old meme on the mainpage. :p #overit)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pot, kettle, black.

C'mon, Miss Polemic. How about you address some of the topics I raised about the abhorrent beauty industry to which you yourself have become a victim?

C'mon, Miss Polemic. How about you address some of the topics I raised about the abhorrent beauty industry to which you yourself have become a victim?

Every culture throughout every era has had standards for beauty--including the ancient Egyptians. Has nothing to do with the modern beauty industry. The only thing they can be credited for is dictating what is fashionable at the moment. But the people decide. We decide what is beautiful. You act like we are all a bunch of brain-dead drones. If you don't think thin is beautuiful then so be it. But you are clearly in the minority.

Every culture throughout every era has had standards for beauty--including the ancient Egyptians. Has nothing to do with the modern beauty industry. The only thing they can be credited for is dictating what is fashionable at the moment. But the people decide. We decide what is beautiful. You act like we are all a bunch of brain-dead drones. If you don't think thin is beautuiful then so be it. But you are clearly in the minority.

Well, you hit the nail on the head of why factory farming/the 1%/class structure/war-for-profit is excusable. :straightface:

Stay focused. I'm not talking about fat and thin. I'm talking about the beauty industry. You claimed Zepfan's teeth were superior to mine. Explain your rationale for that thought, take us through your mind when you deduced her teeth were better than my teeth.

Here's a fresh pic for your analytical dissection. Now granted I'm not sitting in a dentist's chair to give you some clues that TEETH is an issue, why are hers better?

16946018126_c82a7eb768_b.jpg

Last edited:
Well, you hit the nail on the head of why factory farming/the 1%/class structure/war-for-profit is excusable. :straightface:

Stay focused. I'm not talking about fat and thin. I'm talking about the beauty industry. You claimed Zepfan's teeth were superior to mine. Explain your rationale for that thought, take us through your mind when you deduced her teeth were better than my teeth.

Here's a fresh pic for your analytical dissection. Now granted I'm not sitting in a dentist's chair to give you some clues that TEETH is an issue, why are hers better?

16946018126_c82a7eb768_b.jpg

Why do you degrade yourself like that--showing your teeth like some horse being auctioned? Isn't that a standard for beauty set by society that you are now trying to prove you meet? Crystal you are so full of contradictions.

Why do you degrade yourself like that--showing your teeth like some horse being auctioned? Isn't that a standard for beauty set by society that you are now trying to prove you meet? Crystal you are so full of contradictions.

Why is showing my perfectly normal teeth degrading? :squiffy: What is there to be ashamed of in this picture? I'm serious.

If we must be honest - 5 implants, bone grafts - 3 surgeries .. a prosthetic and thousands of dollars - bottom and I'm halfway done. I would not wish this process on anyone but they look awesome..

And just to let you know I was not trying to be dishonest, just private.

Last edited:
Why is showing my perfectly normal teeth degrading? :squiffy: What is there to be ashamed of in this picture? I'm serious.

Because you are objectifying yourself by focusing on one part--your teeth. You seems proud of those teeth. Why? Because they are straight and white--just like the beauty industry prefers. Why accept this standard and not the thin one?

If we must be honest - 5 implants, bone grafts - 3 surgeries .. a prosthetic and thousands of dollars - bottom and I'm halfway done. I would not wish this process on anyone but they look awesome..

And just to let you know I was not trying to be dishonest, just private.

zepfan, calm down. You're fine. I'm trying to illustrate a point here, there is NO DIFFERENCE between our teeth. THey are each our teeth and have gone through their own respective journeys in the chair, etc.. But RB insists on making me the ugly evil thing in the room and I saw an opportunity to call her to task on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you are objectifying yourself by focusing on one part--your teeth. You seems proud of those teeth. Why? Because they are straight and white--just like the beauty industry prefers. Why accept this standard and not the thin one?

I was born with straight teeth. I "accept" this because it's who I am, just as I am a chubby lady. In an ideal world there is no standard. For f***'s sake this is a basic tenant of your beloved Atheism, yet suddenly when your media-trained brain encroaches on the topic of beauty the nasty logic that has been drilled into your head for 30 years that you are not pretty enough doesn't apply to the very foundation of your most beloved topic of discourse. :straightface:

Why do you care what the beauty industry "prefers?"

Last edited:
zepfan, calm down. You're fine. I'm trying to illustrate a point here, there is NO DIFFERENCE between our teeth. THey are each our teeth and have gone through their own respective journeys in the chair, etc.. But RB insists on making me the ugly evil thing in the room and I saw an opportunity to call her to task on it.

- - - Updated - - -

I was born with straight teeth. I "accept" this because it's who I am, just as I am a chubby lady. In an ideal world there is no standard. For f***'s sake this is a basic tenant of your beloved Atheism, yet suddenly when your media-trained brain encroaches on the topic of beauty the nasty logic that has been drilled into your head for 30 years that you are not pretty enough doesn't apply to the very foundation of your most beloved topic of discourse. :straightface:

Why do you care what the beauty industry "prefers?"

What on earth are you on about? Atheism is defined as: without belief in a god(s). There are no tenets. You have lost the plot.

Last edited:
What on earth are you on about? Atheism is defined as: without belief in a god(s). There are no tenants. You have lost the plot.

I meant it in the context that many Atheists argue God to be used as a tool to oppress the working class, no different from the God of the Beauty Industry and it's "preferences."

Has she confessed to not bathing for weeks? To not using deodorant, not washing her hair, not wearing fresh clothing? Is she dirty and smelly? Because if not, I'm inclined to think this is nonsense. Leg-shaving is hardly vital. Linda McCartney never shaved her legs and hardly ever wore makeup, and she was married to one of the most eligible men on the planet for 30 years. It's a piddling bit of trivia in the grand scheme of things, it is not self-neglect.

64e49t.jpg

I absolutely love this picture. You're right, Linda was plain Jane. Paul said it was the small, unnoticed, oddities that Linda would do - like wearing two different colored socks - that made him fall in love with her. That and the blazing devotion she held for the people and things she loved most in the world. I've always loved her. She's truly missed.

Well I enjoyed the discussion folks time for me and my teeth to sleep - good night and pleasant dreams -

ps - no more mom jeans ok?

Back
Top Bottom