Hidden Drummer

A

Anonymous

He wasn't introduced. Maybe they could get a secret guitarist too?

izvl7p.jpg

is he a tech. did he drum the whole show or just add fill for one or two songs.

doesnt really answer the question though. is he setting up a kit or a snare, did he drum the whole show every date (seems like people would mention this before now and when i saw them tour they didnt have an extra drummer anywhere in the pit that i could see). again though did he drum the whole show. two drummers is pretty noticeable sound wise unless one isnt miked which seems pointless as none of the backing band are like super famous or anything so theres no gain by having anonymous person secretly drumming for the other sorta anonymous guy drumming.

Cymbalic Stuff Nobody Gives a Crap About

but then why have walker in the first place. if he was a band fine he could be essential to fans eyes but in a solo act with a backing band, even one like moz's, theres no famous person or fan essential person behind the drum kit so just have the guy who can drum be the drummer and dont pay two people. doesnt make sense to me unless there was some incident. i dont know walker, he could be drunk or high and effing up his playing or perhaps just had an injury or something like but it still seems like theyd just replace him with the guy who could drum for the night. again it doesnt make much sense to me. he looks like a tech setting up a piece to me but if people saw him drumming then i guess ill take them at there word for as far as it goes. wonder why theres no video of it though or more mention. again and again i guess it just seems odd and unexplainable just based on a photo and one comment. oh well

He just does additional percussion during some songs. He doesn't play for the whole gig.

He just does additional percussion during some songs. He doesn't play for the whole gig.

That's what I was going to suggest. There are some complex layers of percussion on the new album; he's probably rounding out the sound since Matt is tied to his kit. The other option is to use electronic triggers, a la, Spencer triggering the "don't keep us in the dark" sample when they played "Billy Budd" live in the Nineties.

Many arena acts will use triggered pre-recorded backing vocals to fill out the live sound. This is similar, but Matt Walker was still doing all the "heavy lifting."

Nah I was only being tounge in cheek about Matt Walker, he's an exceptional drummer, this guy seems to be adding in extra umph to the sound, then again though it seems a bit tight that he's plonked behind an amp, supposed it depends how much he's helping out.

but then why have walker in the first place. if he was a band fine he could be essential to fans eyes but in a solo act with a backing band, even one like moz's, theres no famous person or fan essential person behind the drum kit so just have the guy who can drum be the drummer and dont pay two people. doesnt make sense to me unless there was some incident. i dont know walker, he could be drunk or high and effing up his playing or perhaps just had an injury or something like but it still seems like theyd just replace him with the guy who could drum for the night. again it doesnt make much sense to me. he looks like a tech setting up a piece to me but if people saw him drumming then i guess ill take them at there word for as far as it goes. wonder why theres no video of it though or more mention. again and again i guess it just seems odd and unexplainable just based on a photo and one comment. oh well

He only was doing some playing the cymbals for a couple of songs, he didn't play throughout the whole show!

Back
Top Bottom