Utrecht - TivoliVredenburg (Oct. 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Photo by Nick Helderman, from @TiVre_Utrect / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht2.jpg
  • Photos by Luuk Denekamp (6 total) - 500px. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht.jpg

Last edited:
Having followed the entire tour so far Utrecht was the end of the road for me and this is why:

I have never been exposed to so much drugs from people like I have with the Morrissey fans. Met so many people high on various type of drugs and it made me sad. Sad that people champion themselves as people not eating meat but using drugs is something they condone and defend. I cannot identify with this and therefor I stop following this tour. If people kept it to themselves and did it in a manner where you do not notice it then fine but being offered it all the time and being in toilets where people are using is just not very nice at all.

This show in Utrecht was a breathtaking magnificent and also very shocking experience for me. It hurts when you become aware of something you allways ignored. I am talking about animal wellfare and how quite brutally i became aware of it because of the videos during Meat is Murder. I was aware of the existence of the issue and of the video although I never saw it. I thought i could just turn my head and forget about it. I know it sounds like a hypocrit so maybe i was and maybe i am. But there was something, I don't know, that made my eyes stay fixed on the screen and I saw the very horrible things, the pain, the death, the horror done to these cratures. I suddenly realized i was quilty of these things, crimes i should say.
It is a sad feeling because you cannot undo it anymore. I started to calculate how many animals were for me during my life until now. But i stopped because the numbers got so high. It was shocking. And than i felt angry about myself.
Why did it take so long for me to become aware? Why could I so easily escape from this awareness until now? Morrissey is not the only one who has expressed his feelings about meateating and animal wellfare. I still feel quite stupid and angry about myself. I am quilty.

Very few people are lucky enough to have been brought up as vegetarian/vegans, and NEVER eaten meat. Almost all of us are indoctrinated as children to believe that killing and eating animals is acceptable. The important thing is, you can do something positive about it NOW - and take death out of your diet. Good luck - you will feel a lot better. :)

Having followed the entire tour so far Utrecht was the end of the road for me and this is why:

I have never been exposed to so much drugs from people like I have with the Morrissey fans. Met so many people high on various type of drugs and it made me sad. Sad that people champion themselves as people not eating meat but using drugs is something they condone and defend. I cannot identify with this and therefor I stop following this tour. If people kept it to themselves and did it in a manner where you do not notice it then fine but being offered it all the time and being in toilets where people are using is just not very nice at all.

Live and let live?

In Boston the couple in front if me were on ecstasy. They were obnoxious.

Good friends of mine surprised me with a ticket to Morrissey’s gig tonight at Vredenburg in Utrecht. If it was up to me, I wouldn’t have gone. And as it turns out, I wouldn’t have missed much.

The set list held no surprises and consisted largely of “World Peace” songs. And let’s face it, that’s not a very strong album. I’m not a big fan of the Magaluf holiday sound. As I made my way to the bath room during “Meat is Murder,” I wished he would get rid of that song. What a stale and boring intermezzo. f***, long lines at the urinals during that one. He ended his gig with "Not a Man." Big letdown.

Morrissey’s singing was powerfull & strong, but his band of amateurs is rapidly destroying what little is left of his career. They can't hold a tune if their life depended on it. Every song sounds exactly the same: one big mess. On the other hand, maybe that makes them the perfect band to play funeral marches like “World Peace Is None Of Your Business.”

I left before the encore.

Oh yes, even I if I should review a Rolling Stones' gig I will say the same, 'cause I am not a RS fan

What free drugs being offered round at Morrissey concerts? I'm on the next flight

What free drugs being offered round at Morrissey concerts? I'm on the next flight
:D
Well I suppose it could have been worse for the poor person. They could have all been eating meat and getting high!
Perhaps the Blue Rose guys were just witnessed taking antiviral drugs in the toilets as not to risk the Mozziah getting ill again?
I wonder what the arrest rate is like at Morrissey gigs when compared to the rest of the city for illegal drug use.
The lizard people are at work again methinks.
Taxi! To the nearest Moz gig... I need some crack.
Good grief!
FWD

Simulated Sex, Drugs in moderation, and Rock 'n Roll! :rock:

So sad when people think they are cool using drugs not realising what they support in doing so. I was always told that those that use drugs and have a lot of sex keep it to themselves and that the wannabees brag about using it and having sex all the time. Maybe we have a few of those people in this thread?

I know americans are taught to use drugs at school as it is some sort of social thing over there and maybe that made americans so paranoid needing to start wars whenever they feel that they are under threat regardless of if they are or not.

Some people who see themselves as intellectuals are advocating drug use and I cannot see the two having anything to do with each other. I think people should deal with their life issues instead of trying to forget them by using drugs. At the same time many people have idols who openly admitted they use drugs and that make many people think that if they too use drugs they will also become special and famous and have great lives. The same people then mourn famous musicians and actors dying from drugs like it is a mystery that they do die all of a sudden.

I think I suddenly understood what is wrong with the world and people in general.

I know americans are taught to use drugs at school as it is some sort of social thing over there and maybe that made americans so paranoid needing to start wars whenever they feel that they are under threat regardless of if they are or not.

What? :squiffy:

So sad when people think they are cool using drugs not realising what they support in doing so. I was always told that those that use drugs and have a lot of sex keep it to themselves and that the wannabees brag about using it and having sex all the time. Maybe we have a few of those people in this thread?

Some people who see themselves as intellectuals are advocating drug use and I cannot see the two having anything to do with each other. I think people should deal with their life issues instead of trying to forget them by using drugs. At the same time many people have idols who openly admitted they use drugs and that make many people think that if they too use drugs they will also become special and famous and have great lives. The same people then mourn famous musicians and actors dying from drugs like it is a mystery that they do die all of a sudden.

I think I suddenly understood what is wrong with the world and people in general.

I bet you're a blast at parties.

I was told you are only allowed on the barrier if you are high. One of Moz's security people shines a torch in your eye, to check your pupils are blown. If they aren't, they ask you to leave. :(

I was told you are only allowed on the barrier if you are high. One of Moz's security people shines a torch in your eye, to check your pupils are blown. If they aren't, they ask you to leave. :(

I was told you're only allowed at the barrier if your Body Mass Index is between 18.5 and 30, if your Blood Sugar A1C is between 115 and 140 and if you are not wearing hair extensions. There was a big commotion in LA because the security was out of diabetic test strips and were smelling the fans breath as a backup plan but the regulars thought it wasn't fair since they has to get their fingers pricked. :drama:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom