Utrecht - TivoliVredenburg (Oct. 28, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Staircase At The University / One Of Our Own / Trouble Loves Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Yes, I Am Blind / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by an anonymous person.

• Photo by Nick Helderman, from @TiVre_Utrect / Twitter. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht2.jpg
  • Photos by Luuk Denekamp (6 total) - 500px. Link posted by docinwestchester.

utrecht.jpg

Last edited:
I bet you're a blast at parties.

Yes, at parties completely sober I am still able to enjoy it and be fun but at funerals for people who died from drugs I find myself wondering why people still think they are able to control it. I guess it is about flying the flag of cool and people are of course affected by others. I have never used drugs and never had any use of it but maybe I was strong and maybe those that use drugs are weak, it may be that simple in the end.

Have you ever dared to be yourself at a party without some sort of external influence?

Yes, at parties completely sober I am still able to enjoy it and be fun but at funerals for people who died from drugs I find myself wondering why people still think they are able to control it. I guess it is about flying the flag of cool and people are of course affected by others. I have never used drugs and never had any use of it but maybe I was strong and maybe those that use drugs are weak, it may be that simple in the end.

Have you ever dared to be yourself at a party without some sort of external influence?

I would imagine what most people find annoying about you is not so much your sober lifestyle choice, but more your judgement of others.

I would imagine what most people find annoying about you is not so much your sober lifestyle choice, but more your judgement of others.

I do not judge individuals but I question the masses and people like you who for some reason think that using drugs is somehow cool. In the end it never is and the reason why people use it is because they have problems in their life. But I do think that people should be pressured to stop using drugs for their own good but people who use drugs always have a clouded mind and rarely or never make good decisions for themselves.

Defending drug use is certainly an impossible mission but some feel a need to do that until they know better and the stories about such people are so many and of that I think you are aware.

You did not answer the question so therefor the answer is that you still have to be under the influence to be able to party and be social around people. That is pretty sad and weak.

yeah id say thats the thing here in this instance of awkwardness

Indeed. I find Anon's comments repellant, and I've been drug-free* my entire life.

*I mean, except caffeine. And occasional alcohol. And all of the other things that people on anti-drug crusades like to pretend aren't really "drugs" because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Indeed. I find Anon's comments repellant, and I've been drug-free* my entire life.

*I mean, except caffeine. And occasional alcohol. And all of the other things that people on anti-drug crusades like to pretend aren't really "drugs" because it doesn't suit their agenda.

Just waited for that infantile comment but the weird thing I have not used any of those either. I just think that people that use drugs should accept people who don't and my experience from Utrecht and the tour is that they do not. I am not on any crusade but I know that drug use never ever leads to anything good in the end and so do you.

Instead of obstructing every thread maybe you could for once contribute something sensible to the discussions but maybe you don't have that in you at all?

Just waited for that infantile comment but the weird thing I have not used any of those either. I just think that people that use drugs should accept people who don't and my experience from Utrecht and the tour is that they do not. I am not on any crusade but I know that drug use never ever leads to anything good in the end and so do you.

Instead of obstructing every thread maybe you could for once contribute something sensible to the discussions but maybe you don't have that in you at all?

now im tellin people what they and i both know as well as judge us

You did not answer the question so therefor the answer is that you still have to be under the influence to be able to party and be social around people. That is pretty sad and weak.

Yawn.

Dude, if this is all SO VERY IMPORTANT to you, can you really not even be bothered to even take 15 seconds to create an account? As far as I'm concerned, every anonymous comment on here comes from the same batshit insane person with 4000 different personalities, so don't try to faux-bully me about "for once contribut[ing] something sensible."

Feel free to wallow in your pit of judgement consternating over how of coffee is surely leading me down the path to Hell—that is if you can find the time between the funerals for all of your many friends who are busy dying of overdoses because they're too "weak" to lead a lives and as pure and righteous as yours. You sure seem like you were a really great friend when they were alive!

Give me a break...

well the one anon who talks of hardcore and baltimore is not a part of the puzzle so 3999. i also freddy kruger the keys worse than usual when going through an insomnia spell so thatll go up and down over time

Yes, I'm so sick of all my friends dying from pot overdoses.

Very few people are lucky enough to have been brought up as vegetarian/vegans, and NEVER eaten meat. Almost all of us are indoctrinated as children to believe that killing and eating animals is acceptable. The important thing is, you can do something positive about it NOW - and take death out of your diet. Good luck - you will feel a lot better. :)

What a load of cabbage shite

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Having followed the entire tour so far Utrecht was the end of the road for me and this is why:

I have never been exposed to so much drugs from people like I have with the Morrissey fans. Met so many people high on various type of drugs and it made me sad. Sad that people champion themselves as people not eating meat but using drugs is something they condone and defend. I cannot identify with this and therefor I stop following this tour. If people kept it to themselves and did it in a manner where you do not notice it then fine but being offered it all the time and being in toilets where people are using is just not very nice at all.

Stop being a little pussy.

I do not judge individuals but I question the masses and people like you who for some reason think that using drugs is somehow cool. In the end it never is and the reason why people use it is because they have problems in their life. But I do think that people should be pressured to stop using drugs for their own good but people who use drugs always have a clouded mind and rarely or never make good decisions for themselves.

Defending drug use is certainly an impossible mission but some feel a need to do that until they know better and the stories about such people are so many and of that I think you are aware.

From my personal experience, the folks who are against any psychotropics are control freaks who are afraid of any substance which may alter their thinking and render them powerless. So they become radical drug opponents out of their own fear. They fail to realize that some people are laid back and enjoy altering their consciousness every once in a while on special occasions such as a gig. Not everyone becomes an addict or takes drugs to escape "problems in their lives." They do it for fun. For the ecstasy. I suggest you lighten up and quit raining on others' parades.

So how was Utrecht???

It was such a magnificant performance by Steven Patrick Morrissey, just like more than 20 Years ago in the same venue.
And what a great band!
Looking forward to the next performance.
Trouble loves him, he loves trouble.......

Having followed the entire tour so far Utrecht was the end of the road for me and this is why:

I have never been exposed to so much drugs from people like I have with the Morrissey fans. Met so many people high on various type of drugs and it made me sad. Sad that people champion themselves as people not eating meat but using drugs is something they condone and defend. I cannot identify with this and therefor I stop following this tour. If people kept it to themselves and did it in a manner where you do not notice it then fine but being offered it all the time and being in toilets where people are using is just not very nice at all.

Is that all you have to say about the entire tour? Nothing about Morrissey or the band, the sound, lighting or venues, the songs or setlist? So after 13 concerts and travelling through 5 countries in Europe you end up in Netherlands (of all places to bring this up) and all you can offer is this dreary complaint about drugs? Well, imagine that...

CR

Last edited:
what a fantastic gig, morrissey and band on top form. the new songs worked, i know lots of fans have commented that they would like to see more hits in the set but for me the content was just about right. besides you can only sing last of the gang so many nights in a row. the crowd was mostly very polite which allowed my son and i to get right down to the front of the stage without any jostling...although not throwing themselves at moz in the usual manner, the crowd was enthusiastic throughout....the early video stuff became slightly trying as it lasts 30 mins but the start of the gig TQID, suedehead and speedway was sublime. some other comments said that jesse tobias was not adding much to the band but from where i was -right in front of jesse, i thought he was magnificent. there were several times when my son and i, both guitarists ourselves, turned instinctively to each other to share appreciation of some of the licks jesse was producing...he was fantastic as was all the band...this band is his best to date in my own humble opinion and all this nostalgia for the smiths rubs me up the wrong way....morrissey has never been better. loved the solo by gustav at the end of staircase...

It was such a magnificant performance by Steven Patrick Morrissey, just like more than 20 Years ago in the same venue.
And what a great band!
Looking forward to the next performance.
Trouble loves him, he loves trouble.......

I think I was in the row just in front of you, or at least of a guy who shouted he had been here the last time Morrissey played in Utrecht.

I enjoyed the show, I thought the audience was on the other side of 40 with some really aged folks, grannies really, which puzzled me. So because of that and the conception of the venue, many people were just sitting down or very static. A lot of the songs were the quiet type too. Anyway, I was glad to be there ( I live in Luxemburg and Moz isn't coming to us this year, though he did a great show 4 or 5 years ago), there was a lot of emotion, esp. during Every day is like Sunday. And the after-party was fun, although they sold alcohol-free drinks.

Julie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom