Vienna - Konzerthaus (Oct. 24, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / Trouble Loves Me / Yes, I Am Blind / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / Suedehead / I'm Not A Man / Staircase At The University / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Facebook group via Raphael Lambach.

• Photo by ninagoeswild / Instagram:

vienna2.jpg
  • Photos by Majo / Facebook (32 total). Link posted by Majo.
  • Morrissey @ Konzerthaus, Vienna, AUSTRIA (13 photos) - MORRISSEY PERU Facebook group. Link posted by morrisseyperu. Original photo by orteras / Instagram:

vienna.jpg
  • Photos and videos - www.soke2.dk - link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Review and photos (31 total) - fm4.ORF.at. link posted by Eurydice.

Last edited:
Huh?

He played it on like every show during the Kill Uncle Tour and a few times on the Your Arsenal Tour.. a total of 66 times.

First of the Gang to Die is at 331.

Every performance is like Groundhog Day to be fair, it's just a case of tour whorism getting as many dates in as his health will allow him with his guitariokee backing chumps trying their best to play his golden oldies as well as their own recent Spice-Girl influenced NON NUMBER ONE CHARTING shite L P. Some say it was so shite the label it was recorded with refused to spend any money promoting it and kicked their arses down the staircase at the studio.
I don't know of any other performer who rolls around the planet pedalling the same old shit night after night year in year out so I suppose he can have some credit for that one.
Trying to perform Smiths and early solo classics is non of their business I piss myself when I hear them make their Queen is dead noise, just listen to their Every day is like Sunday noise it sounds NOTHING like the original Stephen Street song because it's been pushed through Boorer's sausage machine resulting in churned out smart price sausage shit.
Morrissey himself ! Well he's just a bitter and twisted dried up dinosaur at best, Sold out t-shirt and tacky trash seller, talks absolute bollocks, hasn't made any sense for years. We still don't know if he has or had cancer yet ! He must really think a lot of his fans treating them to that juicy little sound bite or was it just done to shift a few more "units".

Benny-the-British-Butcher

- - - Updated - - -

SUEDEHEAD (almost complete)

It's amazing that this song (and so many others) has been on the shelf for so long as he has continued to play songs like "I Will See You in Far Off Places" and others well-past their expiration date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not witnessed every tour, but have pretty much followed up everything and I think it is rather undeniable that Moz has a hit a sweet spot with this current tour. One may like or dislike this or that, but overall the performances are energetic, his voice is astonishing, his stage presence imposing, the band has become a perfectly oiled machine, and the repertoire works very well. I think he might be at a peak as a live performer.

I have not witnessed every tour, but have pretty much followed up everything and I think it is rather undeniable that Moz has a hit a sweet spot with this current tour. One may like or dislike this or that, but overall the performances are energetic, his voice is astonishing, his stage presence imposing, the band has become a perfectly oiled machine, and the repertoire works very well. I think he might be at a peak as a live performer.

This. Some people just want to complain about him performing The Smiths and his early solo stuff. To those people I would ask, Have you ever listened to "Rank" and/or any footage from those old shows in the 80s and 90s? They suck compared to now. He is now a fantastic live performer. When I listen to and watch those earlier shows, I think there's a lot of energy there, but a hell of a lot got lost between the studio recordings and the live versions back then. What he and his band can do now is leaps and bounds better than that.

I think so too, and I have seen him on every tour (at least the ones that came to the US). Selfishly, I hope he can sustain all of this long enough to hit North America again and make up those canceled dates...and then some.

Moz would look amazing if he stopped consuming sugar which is the reason for him looking so swollen. Sugar causes an infection in the body and many confuse this with fat. From the pictures I can see that he has kept himself almost free from fat but the swelling from sugar intake is clearly there.

I lost a lot of weight from training but could not get rid of what I thought was fat. When I reduced the sugar intake the swollen sugar infections in my body disappered and today I have the same body as I did 20 years ago. I am surprised how well the body can go back to its old shape again.

Good comment here. This is what Morrissey looks like and sounds like at 55. As far as I'm concerned he left the Smiths in the dust a long time ago. I still listen to all of it, from the Smiths on....but he's better now

When he rips his shirt off and throws it to the crowd he's saying look, I gave it everything I had, this is me, this is who I am. He's thanking the crowd, his fans... and God. That's my interpretation...for what it's worth.

now that is a set! I really hope he plays this or similar in Paris on Monday..

This. Some people just want to complain about him performing The Smiths and his early solo stuff. To those people I would ask, Have you ever listened to "Rank" and/or any footage from those old shows in the 80s and 90s? They suck compared to now. He is now a fantastic live performer. When I listen to and watch those earlier shows, I think there's a lot of energy there, but a hell of a lot got lost between the studio recordings and the live versions back then. What he and his band can do now is leaps and bounds better than that.

I kind of agree with this. As great as they were The Smiths were always a bit shaky and light live compared to what he has now and his voice is so much better now than back in those days. The way he commands the stage is second to none.

Still slightly miss the days of Alain etc as my only complaint with current band is they sometimes lack the subtlety on some songs and it can get a bit too full on rock but for the most part they are great. How Soon Is Now has never sounded better than with this band. Go and check out The Smiths doing this song live, it does not even come close.

Every performance is like Groundhog Day to be fair, it's just a case of tour whorism getting as many dates in as his health will allow him with his guitariokee backing chumps trying their best to play his golden oldies as well as their own recent Spice-Girl influenced NON NUMBER ONE CHARTING shite L P. Some say it was so shite the label it was recorded with refused to spend any money promoting it and kicked their arses down the staircase at the studio.
I don't know of any other performer who rolls around the planet pedalling the same old shit night after night year in year out so I suppose he can have some credit for that one.
Trying to perform Smiths and early solo classics is non of their business I piss myself when I hear them make their Queen is dead noise, just listen to their Every day is like Sunday noise it sounds NOTHING like the original Stephen Street song because it's been pushed through Boorer's sausage machine resulting in churned out smart price sausage shit.
Morrissey himself ! Well he's just a bitter and twisted dried up dinosaur at best, Sold out t-shirt and tacky trash seller, talks absolute bollocks, hasn't made any sense for years. We still don't know if he has or had cancer yet ! He must really think a lot of his fans treating them to that juicy little sound bite or was it just done to shift a few more "units".

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I tkae it you're unaware of The Rolling Stones?

This is stunning.

vienna2.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom