Italia! - Morrissey update on true-to-you.net

Re: Italia! From true to You

What about this TV appearance in Milan?!

Yeah! I'm Italian and I'm wondering about that too! No idea...

Anyway, I know it's weird but I'm glad he wrote that - not about the ranking, though - because I was pretty disappointed after the Milan show, and in a way he confirmed my feelings about it.
Inside of me I thought he might not like the venue, but I bought tickets anyway.
People like me tried to run to the front rows but were stopped by security and, at a certain point, when lights were pointed to the audience, I noticed that he was puzzled by the sight of people standing but blocked quite far away from the stage.

Last edited:
The woman in the painting is muscular, not fat. Check out where her buttocks meets her thigh. Women don't look like her in real life. They are either lean, thin, or fat without definition. A female cannot have that much muscular mass unless she takes anabolic steroids and pumps iron. That gal didn't have access to either of those things. That painting is an illusion. A fantasy. A depiction of the male gaze. The unattainable ideal.

Fat is not a social construct. It is a medical fact. Ask any pathologist who cuts into bodies during an autopsy. What they are cutting through is fat. Visible, tangible, adipose tissue.

The only fantasy here is your projection that fat is the enemy. Your personal fear of lipids is as dysfunctional as the obese man off the BMI index charts. We (and society) shouldn't be subject to the criticisms and value judgements of a person who considers ice chips a dietary staple.

Wow. Are you serious, rb??

I think hating oneself and being afraid to leave the house are tantamount to being the living dead. That is no way to live. I think her (your?) reason for those things is flawed. But the point is she needs to find a solution. If Adderall makes life worth living, it is certainly better than a slow suicide. Cognitive behavioral therapy might help her to learn to love herself and accept being in a larger frame. But what if it doesn't? I am all for the magic pill if it saves lives. Plus, what if she actually was happy and thus ate less because she was receiving the medication she needed to treat the symptoms of ADHD? And her weight gain is due to self-medicating with food instead of Adderall? She is trying to correct her wonky brain chemistry with burgers and fries rather than a prescribed pill? Something to think about.

The only fantasy here is your projection that fat is the enemy. Your personal fear of lipids is as dysfunctional as the obese man off the BMI index charts. We (and society) shouldn't be subject to the criticisms and value judgements of a person who considers ice chips a dietary staple.

Ice chips are a dietary staple: a zero calorie, cool, crunchy treat with minerals and hydrating properties. You should try them sometime instead of those chemical infested Cheeze-Its. You are always complaining that you feel sick and are in pain. Your body is full of toxins. Time for a Vegan Challenge cleanse.

Ice chips are a dietary staple: a zero calorie, cool, crunchy treat with minerals and hydrating properties. You should try them sometime instead of those chemical infested Cheeze-Its. You are always complaining that you feel sick and are in pain. Your body is full of toxins. Time for a Vegan Challenge cleanse.

15625367595_e8673ef8d6_z.jpg

They're hardly a staple or a treat. It's frozen water.

Ice chips and Adderall smoothies?

Geez. Suddenly my own feelings about food and body image seem so healthy. :squiffy:

He clearly doesn't give a f*** about what mostly everyone thinks, and, objectively, that's probably what a true artist should do?

So why does he seem to care so much about his album sales, chart positions, etc.?

Unless the TTY post reporting that WPINOYB was #2 in German college radio stations was a sarcastic joke (which it might have been, I don't know).

So why does he seem to care so much about his album sales, chart positions, etc.?

Unless the TTY post reporting that WPINOYB was #2 in German college radio stations was a sarcastic joke (which it might have been, I don't know).

I think he really believes that there is a sizable population of listeners that will appreciate great pop sounds with an artistic foundation. If you look at Dylan, the Doors and just a hand full of others it's been true. Morrissey himself has been very successful in the past. Sales and chart positions has always been a gauge of success in the past for him and everybody else in the music world.

What he is doing now is so honest and brutally truthful that it is perceived as a downer even though he doesn't sound defeated. It's the lyrics that are keeping some people back. He can't help himself, he has to be true to his art and the way he sees life.

Personally, I love it but most people don't want to hear a rejection of all the things that have made man the destructive animal he is. Because they still embrace it even if it means a destroyed planet. That's my opinion anyway, what do you think?

I think he really believes that there is a sizable population of listeners that will appreciate great pop sounds with an artistic foundation. If you look at Dylan, the Doors and just a hand full of others it's been true. Morrissey himself has been very successful in the past. Sales and chart positions has always been a gauge of success in the past for him and everybody else in the music world.

What he is doing now is so honest and brutally truthful that it is perceived as a downer even though he doesn't sound defeated. It's the lyrics that are keeping some people back. He can't help himself, he has to be true to his art and the way he sees life.

Personally, I love it but most people don't want to hear a rejection of all the things that have made man the destructive animal he is. Because they still embrace it even if it means a destroyed planet. That's my opinion anyway, what do you think?

That's all good, but it doesn't justify his public criticism of those who support him the most - his fans!

That's all good, but it doesn't justify his public criticism of those who support him the most - his fans!
When you say he criticizes his fans...I guess he's done this, I'm not really sure. If you mean ranking his shows...I'm not sure that's a criticism of the fans but just his feelings about the overall experience.

I saw Elvis Costello at a Jai Alai fronton in Florida in 1978. It was about half full and after he finished he barked at the crowd.."Next time this place better be full." I thought what the hell, it was a great performance but you can't make the public at large love you.

I saw Morrissey in Florida earlier this year and he was disgusted with some the people in front because they were drunk and kept crawling back to the bar through the whole performance. I was disgusted with them too. He still put on a fabulous performance.

I don't know, he's an artist and an eccentric and that has always appealed to me. I always cut the great ones some slack....they're human. I think he really loves his fans...

When you say he criticizes his fans...I guess he's done this, I'm not really sure. If you mean ranking his shows...I'm not sure that's a criticism of the fans but just his feelings about the overall experience.

That ranking just bothers me. I guess I see it differently.

I saw Elvis Costello at a Jai Alai fronton in Florida in 1978. It was about half full and after he finished he barked at the crowd.."Next time this place better be full." I thought what the hell, it was a great performance but you can't make the public at large love you.

An incredibly immature 24 year old basically at the beginning his career. Have you seen him lately? Now 60, his performances are fantastic, whether solo or with a band, and he is the consummate professional on and off stage (at least as portrayed by the media). His incredible list of collaborations with other artists also highlights his professionalism.

I don't know, he's an artist and an eccentric and that has always appealed to me. I always cut the great ones some slack....they're human.

Cool.

That ranking just bothers me. I guess I see it differently.

An incredibly immature 24 year old basically at the beginning his career. Have you seen him lately? Now 60, his performances are fantastic, whether solo or with a band, and he is the consummate professional on and off stage (at least as portrayed by the media). His incredible list of collaborations with other artists also highlights his professionalism.

Cool.
Love EC...and his wife. Seen them both fairly recently.

Thanks for all the excellent videos and pictures from this tour.

It does seem like a dubious claim. If this is truly the case, then his tour manager and his booking agent are apparently not doing their jobs adequately.

Er, last time I looked (or heard) Morrissey did not have a label.

Therefore,
a) he does not have an appointed tour manager or
b) booking agent
c) a PA/assistant
d) a team of hairdressers,
e) chefs
f) comedy shows from jimmy tarbuck
and so on.....

He has to employ his own people, pay his own crew, book his shows, hotels, transport
food.

He even recorded and - thankfully in a very clever move - kept ownership of WPINOYB
AND made Harvest's CHIEF look TOTALLY stupid, which he was.

Thats why he has done a better job than the last x labels.

God, what planet are people on. You've been watching too much xfactor !

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom