Kristeen Young nominated for a Grammy

MozVegan9

First Of The Gang To Die.
Per KY's FB page (and Twitter feed) and TV's FB feed she has been nominated for a Grammy and has two more levels to go through.

She's running for "Best Rock Performance: Pearl of a Girl - Kristeen Young", and "Best Rock Album: The Knife Shift - Kristeen Young."

I for one am a big fan of her's (which may be the unpopular opinion here), but anyways I thought that was interesting. So bravo to her, especially with not being a signed artist. I'll be rooting for her (I can see her winning 'Best Rock Performance', The Mars Volta won that one year - which is another favorite band of mine, they remind me of her for some reason).

"We hate it when our friends become successful..." :guitar:

Last edited:
Let's be real - her music sucked and NOT in a GOOD Way - But if this is yr way to go against the NORM- Good for u!

Lol. Tony's desperate to recoup his investment. Pulling out the payola. Trust me. I know the Grammy's, it's all fake and bought for.

Also there's a BIG difference between being "nominated" and submitting your work for "consideration." f***, I could record myself whistling show tunes and submit it for consideration, it's not a nomination.

Also there's a BIG difference between being "nominated" and submitting your work for "consideration." f***, I could record myself whistling show tunes and submit it for consideration, it's not a nomination.

True. It's the same kind of hype she was trying to build for herself after she "left" the Morrissey tour. At the time, she had tweeted that she had many, many opportunities she couldn't wait to tear into. What she meant was that she had a new host body in Dave Grohl. How it turned out is that she ended up right back where she started: playing in tiny NY clubs and having a hard time selling tickets.

Yeah, I was gonna say...she hasn't been nominated for a Grammy. Huge difference!

I like Kristeen's music well enough, but I would be shocked if she actually wound up being nominated.

The songs I heard...I think she has a unique voice (a little Bjork-ish maybe?) but I can't understand what she's singing, and this is coming from someone who loves hardcore and punk rock.

what was her biggest announcement after Morrissey kicked her down the aisle..besides playing a few empty shows in New York?

She's not nominated for shit, anyone can submit a song or album for consideration, you fill out a form online and send the recording academy a physical copy for review, then if your entry meets all of the official criteria for nominees you are up for consideration, along with thousands of others who submitted there work for consideration. She's hyping nothing, as usual.

Yeah, I was gonna say...she hasn't been nominated for a Grammy. Huge difference!

I like Kristeen's music well enough, but I would be shocked if she actually wound up being nominated.

Well if she was nominated it would be because the Grammy Committee owes Dave Grohl a favor and the uber-feminist that is Kristeen will once again ride the coattails of a man to her big moment in the sun. I know she works hard, complains harder, and covers up her lies the hardest but she is NOT a feminist. She's a fraud dying to be adored and told she's beautiful. Blech.

I took a friend of mine to the Moz Manchester gig and his reaction to her was brilliant.
Summated as:
They've welded a crack-addicted Tori Amos & Kate Bush together and given her a keyboard stuck in 'demo' mode. :)
I can't say the album was amazing even with the addition of more musicians and Grammy? I don't even think the free mask will help with that!
Regards,
FWD

I took a friend of mine to the Moz Manchester gig and his reaction to her was brilliant.
Summated as:
They've welded a crack-addicted Tori Amos & Kate Bush together and given her a keyboard stuck in 'demo' mode. :)
I can't say the album was amazing even with the addition of more musicians and Grammy? I don't even think the free mask will help with that!
Regards,
FWD

This. She says she's classically trained but the last time I listened to classical music it sure had more than the five chords she seems to know.

This. She says she's classically trained but the last time I listened to classical music it sure had more than the five chords she seems to know.

She is classically trained and she plays keyboard very well, but her lyrics are a total mess, even if she sings with a powerfull voice people are bored after the second song. She's a beautiful woman and very well helped by influent people, the list is very long and we know it well, so, why is she still singing in small private club? Simply her songs don't work. Plus she was very unloyal and unkind with the only person who truly belives in her talent, (or it did look like this), so I think it would be better avoid to talk about her. Case closed.

She's one of them artists I would love to like.
See her a couple of times now on the tour.
Her voice is very special.
But I just can't get my head around the sound.

Tags
grammy kristeen young morrissey
Back
Top Bottom