What time to turn up?

Hi all- completely new here.

Seeing Morrissey in Paris for the very first time next Monday. It's a seated show and I'm very near the front in terms of seats.

In people's experiences do people ignore seats and prefer to stand? And if so what time should I be turning up? Would love to make front row. Any tips for a first timer?

You should check your ticket the doors opening time.

You are attending a seated venue gig, do not bother to turn up too early.
You have to take your allocated seat.

No opening act until 23rd November Berlin, around 20:30 30 minutes video clips screening.
Usually Morrissey will be on stage 21:00-21:10.

You are attending a seated venue gig, do not bother to turn up too early.
You have to take your allocated seat.

Not necessarily. I can say from experience that this is absolutely NOT always the case. I have attended numerous "seated" venue Moz shows (the recent one at BAM comes to mind) where arriving early paid off, as everyone in the floor section did, in fact, ignore their assigned seats and walked right up to the front and stood against the stage. I'm glad I didn't arrive at the door time printed on my tickets!

Hopefully someone familiar with the Paris venue can chime in and let the OP know how stringent security about keeping people in their assigned seats.

Not necessarily. I can say from experience that this is absolutely NOT always the case. I have attended numerous "seated" venue Moz shows (the recent one at BAM comes to mind) where arriving early paid off, as everyone in the floor section did, in fact, ignore their assigned seats and walked right up to the front and stood against the stage. I'm glad I didn't arrive at the door time printed on my tickets!

Hopefully someone familiar with the Paris venue can chime in and let the OP know how stringent security about keeping people in their assigned seats.

Have you actually attended Morrissey gigs in Paris or outside of your country?
From my own experiences (I've attended nearly 50 Morrissey gigs in last 25 years) I find some users based in the States are rather selfish to encourage things like this.

No point for giving a false hope to a first time Morrissey gig attendee.
He / she might be comfortable on his / her seat without hustles.

Have you actually attended Morrissey gigs in Paris or outside of your country?
From my own experiences (I've attended nearly 50 Morrissey gigs in last 25 years) I find some users based in the States are rather selfish to encourage things like this.

No point for giving a false hope to a first time Morrissey gig attendee.
He / she might be comfortable on his / her seat without hustles.

Selfish? Seriously? :rolleyes: I'm not "giving a [sic] false hope," I'm suggesting that someone familiar with the venue in question share their personal experience. That's not information you can get by reading the door time on a ticket stub.

I assume the OP asked because they were wondering how OTHER PEOPLE will behave at the show, considering the question was, "In people's experiences do people ignore seats and prefer to stand?" Coupled with their indication that they would "love to make front row," I don't think I'm out of line by concluding that they would, in fact, like to be in the front row and not stay in their assigned seat.

Good grief.

Back
Top Bottom