Is the World Peace album somewhat of a rarity now?

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
We've got the album but has the value or do you think the value will go up? And do you think it's likely to get released again? I mean what about all the unsold copies? What happens to them?

Nope, not in the UK at least. Walk into pretty much any HMV and you will find plenty of copies.
Without the usual A-listed single on Radio 2, most of the people who bought the last three albums don't even know that he's got a new one out.

I think it will get re-released in time but that won't change much

I own the album and it's already become a rarity to me, haven't played it in weeks

I still listen to it almost every day. I often check the stores I'm in to see if copies are there, out of curiosity. A new record shop opened in the mall near me and they had a vinyl copy there. I also was in another shop and they had a cd copy.

As with Years of Refusal, I would expect to see a glut of unopened copies at Half Price Books in the next 6-9 months.

Well this sounds really out of order but it's the first Moz album I've not properly listened to fully yet. I don't know. I just don't seem that bothered about hearing it. That's awful of me too because I've said loads of times he needs to get an album out etc but I just can't be arsed to properly sit down and listen to it. Same with his book I've not read all that yet either.

thats a bit of a shame to me as i think this album is one thats best when listened to as a whole. it has this nice open feel in the middle that breathes a bit so to speak before the downturn in tempo and somberness of mood return minus the anger for the albums conclusion. its like impossible to successfully re sequence. at least i found it so

I still listen to it on a near-daily basis, more frequently than any other Moz album. I'm sure that'll wane in time, but I really do believe it's one of his strongest albums.

Most of my friends think I'm nuts, but I agree with you CP. I think it came out at the right time for me as well...and sure...talk to me in a year or what have you. But I first heard the album at the beginning of July and it's almost November and it's still in heavy rotation. It's by and large my favorite new music released in 2014, that's for sure!

Most of my friends think I'm nuts, but I agree with you CP. I think it came out at the right time for me as well...and sure...talk to me in a year or what have you. But I first heard the album at the beginning of July and it's almost November and it's still in heavy rotation. It's by and large my favorite new music released in 2014, that's for sure!

I think it's clearly his best album since Vauxhall although, as the Record Collector reviewer pointed out, that's not exactly saying much.
It's been a patchy old couple of decades. Let's hope this marks a new start with more imaginative, and much higher quality, music thanks to new producers, musicians, songwriters etc.
Having bought both of Marr's solo albums now, I'm pretty certain Morrissey is better off sticking with his band. I would never have said that two years ago.

Last edited:

And by "heavy rotation," he means "I listen to it every. single. day." Cuz he does.

Having bought both of Marr's solo albums now, I'm pretty certain Morrissey is better off sticking with his band. I would never have said that two years ago.

I have to say i really like playland (his 3rd solo album, why do we forget boomslang? Oh yeah, because it is pants and johnny want us to forget it) but i agree the music wouldnt really suit morrissey anymore.

And by "heavy rotation," he means "I listen to it every. single. day." Cuz he does.

Oh, you're right there with me, now.

- - - Updated - - -

I thoroughly enjoy "The Messenger" and "Playland" but I think Moz is fine w/out Johnny just like Johnny is fine w/out Moz. I'd rather have both keep putting out awesome solo albums than ever see them reunite.

I still listen to it on a near-daily basis, more frequently than any other Moz album. I'm sure that'll wane in time, but I really do believe it's one of his strongest albums.

Still loving it. I try not to listen to it too much - keep it for special!

Yes, this one is still in heavy rotation on my daily commute. I do believe that ROTT and YOR had begun to fade by now.

Even the songs I'm not that fond of have been going 'round my head like mad: I usually skip "The Bullfighter Dies," yet I've been singing it (out loud even) for the last two days. WPINOYB rivals (but does not quite equal) Quarry in that regard. I NEED to hear it live.

As for 2014: some of my favorite artists put out some of their best (or at least catchiest) work this year, but World Peace is keeping up with the best of 'em.

Middle of the road stuff, I fear.
Some greatness, some filler - can't say personally that I see an upward curve from YATQ / ROTT / YOR to this new track. The odd flash of brilliance, but largely more of the same.

I am SURE it will grow on me though - they always do.

I gave it a fearful thrashing when it came out and then took about 10 days off to recharge and am now back to giving it a fearful thrashing. I love it. Each to their own I guess but I really really love it. For me his best album since Vauxhall, easily so. 'Istanbul' is the tops for me right now and I'm really enjoying watching the different YouTube video's that have been posted. If they had somehow been able to get Morrissey to Istanbul just to shoot some walking type scenes (not dissimilar to those brief snippets of him walking in South America that we saw in The Importance of being Morrissey doco) I think we could have seen an ACE video. Istanbul seems to be an intriguing place.

I gave it a fearful thrashing when it came out and then took about 10 days off to recharge and am now back to giving it a fearful thrashing. I love it. Each to their own I guess but I really really love it. For me his best album since Vauxhall, easily so. 'Istanbul' is the tops for me right now and I'm really enjoying watching the different YouTube video's that have been posted. If they had somehow been able to get Morrissey to Istanbul just to shoot some walking type scenes (not dissimilar to those brief snippets of him walking in South America that we saw in The Importance of being Morrissey doco) I think we could have seen an ACE video. Istanbul seems to be an intriguing place.

I would love if he made a real video for that song. Or any of the songs on the album, truthfully!

im listening to it everyday / every other day as ive bought a lot of good music lately. been diving into ryan adams back catalog and theres a lot of quality records there ive been spinnin

Back
Top Bottom