Florence - Obihall (Oct. 21, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / First Of The Gang To Die / Staircase At The University / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Istanbul / Trouble Loves Me / Kiss Me A Lot / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / The Bullfighter Dies / You Have Killed Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / I'm Not A Man // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapacevic / Facebook via gonzax.

• Photos by Eleonora Birardi (30 total) / Flickr. Link posted by Chickpea.

florence2.jpg
  • Photo by aleberre / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

florence.jpg

Last edited:
Was everybody asleep in the audience when he played Staircase ?? Absolutely not one person moving, even at the front. :-/
That's not encouraging for Moz to play it again on the tour.

Easily best setlist of the tour so far, only takes a few slight changes like banishing 'to give' and dropping staircase for the first time live

Sounded great - mountjoy up next please

What a swindle! An horrible set list, nothing I mean NOTHING for the audience who needed more Smiths hits. And among his recent songs, the most ugly ones. Disapponited, pretty pissed off, f**k u Moz!

Are you the guy outside the Boston show complaining that he didn't play Suedehead and Girlfriend in a Coma?

Easily best setlist of the tour so far, only takes a few slight changes like banishing 'to give' and dropping staircase for the first time live

Sounded great - mountjoy up next please

It does look like a good setlist. I don't like to dismiss songs before I've heard them live myself (not always possible, sadly) but I'm pleased to see that Kick the Bride Down Aisle is off. To test it out, I've been making my own playlists of some of the shows (one or two per tour) that I have attended over the years as well as a few from this tour and KTBDTA doesn't work for me. I think I'll have to do the Florence setlist and see how it all flows.

Anyway, it was really good to review the shows I have attended and I really have been lucky and have seen some great Morrissey concerts. All I need to do now is figure out how I'm going to get to see this tour. Not so easy from Australia! He doesn't head down here very often - 1991, 2002, 2012 - so Europe, it may have to be. Always makes me laugh when there is moaning about cancelled shows in the US because he has played there so much over the years. Living here you come to expect not to see your favourites very often. Damn, I miss living in London.

CR

Last edited:
What a swindle! An horrible set list, nothing I mean NOTHING for the audience who needed more Smiths hits. And among his recent songs, the most ugly ones. Disapponited, pretty pissed off, f**k u Moz!

You sound like a right bundle of laughs.

LOLZ. And did your ticket say Morrissey on it or the Smiths?

This is great, Davide, thanks for sharing!!

Go, Gustavo, go... :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the last two minutes of Staircase, filmed with my phone:

http://youtu.be/8BuiEXLiGho

I was very curious to see and hear Gustavo's skill in the solo guitar at the end. Bravo Gustavo!

On the other side I feel quite tired of going to Moz gigs and finding these pricks and their list! For those who don't know, there are the usual guys, one is Guillarme or whatever his name is, the other is "the skull girl" whose name I don't know, plus others, who arrive in the morning of the gig and start to compile a list of "aficionados", 20-30 people.

When one arrives at the gig, these people are not in front of the doors or queueing, they are just around, some are not even there and arrive later. When it's time to stand in front of the closed doors, one or two hours before the gig, these guys make a sort of wall not allowing anyone to enter before them. A kind of mafia.

I respect queues and people who go there first and very early, but I think these people should really queue like, for example, people who stand outside Apple Stores to wait for the release of a new iPhone. Get a chair, get whatever you want, but stay in front of the doors since the beginning! In Bologna there were people who went there early in the afternoon to be included in the "list" and then went home, just to come back at the very end and expecting to enter first.

And one more hilarious thing (this is really laughable!). When doors open in some venues, people must run even for some hundred metres to get to the stage, but the mafia-list-people expect that people behind them run slower than them because they deserve to be in the first row :-D

Last but not least, most of them during the gig just stand there without singing, like dummies. Last night I was watching them and thought: what's the point?

Maybe these guys just really need to get a life. Maybe the list and all the rest is just the peak of their days. Quite sad.

Lol! This has been going on forever though! I can't remember when the "list" started, but it was somewhere in America I think? Possibly during the 2002 tour, because I can definitely remember it being around on the 2004 Quarry tour. Its stared out with the right intention, but basically it turned into a mess quite quickly, of course. I've seen it work quite well before, and I have also seeing it abused and misused as well. I think that if you are going to be on the list, you do need to in fact queue, or at least be at the venue all day. I don't think that you have to sit there in a seat the entire day and not move, as that is ridiculous. You need to eat, use the bathroom, etc. I don't even have a problem with the people that are there most of the time, but may have to leave for an hour to check into their hotels/shower, etc. This is fine if you are someone that follows the entire tour because obviously when you are moving around from city to city, you often can't get into a hotel room until about 3pm. If you are someone that happens to attend most every show (there have been lots of these people over the years), then I think that you get a pass if you have to leave for an hour to go to check into a room, leave your bags, etc. People should respect that. It's those that don't need to do that, and take the piss out of everyone else in the queue, that leave after putting their names down to go f*** around/drink for three or four hours, etc. I remember that American girl Mel (RIP), being one of the first list-nazi's back in the day, and there have been quite a few since. Jumping the queue on the other hand, is not okay, and that includes those who put their names on a list and leave for most of the day, because they are also "queue-jumping." To be honest, what I have more of a problem with is the number of people that are being "walked in" early before a show. I know that these people are on some type of guest list that I am certain Morrissey has approved, but it is getting ridiculous now (if it is still going on the way it has been?). It used to be only Julia, which whatever, fine... But it seems like now there is always like 7 or 8 people at every single show. I know that most of these people attend almost every single show and whatnot, but I remember plenty of people who did the exact same 12-14 years ago, and didn't get any of these special privileges? What's changed?

Was everybody asleep in the audience when he played Staircase ?? Absolutely not one person moving, even at the front. :-/
That's not encouraging for Moz to play it again on the tour.

Sorry for my Google Translate's English!
Morrissey actually asked us if we were alive at the beginning of the concert. Probably collided with the proverbial coldness of the Tuscans (the English people are good here for, right?).
Compared to the concert two years ago, I found Moz in much better shape, dynamic and in tune with the public. At the end he tossed his shirt to the public and this time Boz was from Azerbaijan. And, no one can convince me otherwise, he sang Staircase only because he knows that I love it! Bravo, Moz!

I totally agree with you. That's pathetic. It looks like Take That gigs in 1992. That's not passion, that's obsession. Get a life you morons.

I couldn't agree more. They may mistake these comments as jealousy as to make themselves feel better but, to be very clear, I'm not the slightest bit jealous of people who have not much else going on in their lives than to follow a singer with whom they're obsessed. Obsession to that level (of following someone regardless of having the money to do so; quit your job to do so; have no real relationships because of it) sounds like a disorder. It will end of being quite a sad existence. Everything within reason for me, thanks.

I absolutely love The Smiths (Duh) and I wouldn't be upset at all if I went to see him and he did 0 Smiths songs.

He didn't even start playing Smiths songs live until quite a few years into his solo career—Galway Slut would've hated the Your Arsenal tour, I guess! :rolleyes:

He should write the lyrics down on a small piece of paper to help him remember the "cramming, jamming " part of Staircase

I couldn't agree more. They may mistake these comments as jealousy as to make themselves feel better but, to be very clear, I'm not the slightest bit jealous of people who have not much else going on in their lives than to follow a singer with whom they're obsessed. Obsession to that level (of following someone regardless of having the money to do so; quit your job to do so; have no real relationships because of it) sounds like a disorder. It will end of being quite a sad existence. Everything within reason for me, thanks.

Most of those 'freaks' are sad, if not depressed. Of what is there to be jealous?

I totally agree with you. That's pathetic. It looks like Take That gigs in 1992. That's not passion, that's obsession. Get a life you morons.

If you relate to Morrissey to that extent that you're an obsessed freak, you're most likely a loser. What kind of a life is one that centers solely on following a singer?

Although my love for the Smiths and Morrissey has been there since I was just a kid my woman is what brings my life genuine happiness. That doesn't mean I'm not a true fan. It quite simply means I know genuine relationships matter more. If being on a list means an unhealthy obsession and ultimate loneliness, I'll just pay for my tickets and go home to my wife.

I have become familiar with some of these so called "fans" from stalking their Instagram profiles. Trying to figure out if they are trust fund kids or hookers? I have traveled in Europe. Sh$t is expensive! how can a young woman in her 20's afford to drop everything everytime the Mozfather tours. Bizarre! Now to read they are involved in some sort of mafia queue ring. I have seen one of these so called Mozbots waiting for Morrissey outside BAM one rainy night. He walked right by her without batting an eye. Would still like to see him in Dublin just too big of a gamble and do not want to deal with this so called Mozbot Mafia queue ring.

There are probably thousands of people in the UK who go to every football match of their favourite team - possible for 10/20/30 years. But that's fairly normal. For top teams that includes European tours.

Why is following Morrissey more freakish?

blimey! you'd have to be barmy not to have a job or relationship all cuz of following anyone really even moz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom