"Morrissey Curates The Ramones" Artwork change?

Someone commented on Slicing Up Eyeballs that the photo Morrissey chose is actually for the back cover.

EDIT: Oh, it actually says that in the description linked to above: "The photo on the back cover by Danny Fitzgerald is evocative of the period and was selected by Morrissey."

Someone commented on Slicing Up Eyeballs that the photo Morrissey chose is actually for the back cover.

EDIT: Oh, it actually says that in the description linked to above: "The photo on the back cover by Danny Fitzgerald is evocative of the period and was selected by Morrissey."

Aesthetically, that's kinda dumb, but I guess this front cover will help it sell better.

Aesthetically, that's kinda dumb, but I guess this front cover will help it sell better.

Yeah, I guess. I hate how obviously "digital" this cover looks, though...the typography is so poorly done. I wish they'd just matched the original Ramones logo. :straightface:

Yeah, I guess. I hate how obviously "digital" this cover looks, though...the typography is so poorly done. I wish they'd just matched the original Ramones logo. :straightface:

They need somebody to convert all the font work to curves and hand kern the letters. The EE's in DeeDee and the "Let's go" would give my font teacher a stroke.

An anonymous person writes:

Too homoerotic or non-Ramones-y to be used?

Now with added Union Jack--

Morrissey Curates The Ramones - Record Store Day

DETAILS
Format: 12" Vinyl
Label: Rhino/Sire
Release type: RSD Exclusive Release
More Info:

Morrissey, being a big Ramones fan, particularly of the early years, had always wanted to compile a "best of" album and this year he got his wish. This compilation reflects Morrissey's experience of listening to the band for the first time. With the sad passing of Tommy recently, both management and Morrissey felt this was a fitting tribute. The use of the Union Jack on the cover reflects both how important the band were to the UK music scene but also how the UK embraced them and their sound. The photo on the back cover by Danny Fitzgerald is evocative of the period and was selected by Morrissey.

418456131171.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also why is there noise near the tail but nowhere else? It looks like the eagle took a shit on the cover.

Ramones were over rated, just like Buster Poindexter. There's nothing like hearing some trust fund kid from Orange County say 1-2-3-4 in a phony Brit accent before they start singing their "punk" song.

What the f*** are you talking about?

(And yes, I realize I'm asking this of someone who thinks Morrissey and Nancy Sinatra are lovers, but whatever...)

Just ignore him. His only troll MO is spreading misinformation and getting people to react to it. Lazy troll.

I believe that's exactly what they have done. The wonky letters are positioned with letraset, not digital.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/57/Ramones_logo.jpg

The hand-kerning on the original logo is just fine. The horrendous kerning on this album cover is absolutely, unquestionably digital, and looks nothing like the image you linked to. Like CG pointed out, it's especially atrocious in "DEE DEE." That's what happens when you rely on automation and don't use your eyeballs. And don't even get me started on that straight apostrophe... :barf:

The hand-kerning on the original logo is just fine. The horrendous kerning on this album cover is absolutely, unquestionably digital, and looks nothing like the image you linked to. Like CG pointed out, it's especially atrocious in "DEE DEE." That's what happens when you rely on automation and don't use your eyeballs. And don't even get me started on that straight apostrophe... :barf:

The kerning is identical to the original logo. Maybe you need look at a bigger image.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5...PAE30427F__61217.1409742937.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Compare Dee Dees.

All they've done is take a print of the logo and stuck a Union Jack on it.

*sigh*

1 year or so ago, I gave my VHS recorder and recordplayer away

well autumn has come quickly , so I can browse around to get one back

'and they say he's mentall'... 1, 2,3 4 ....

The kerning is identical to the original logo. Maybe you need look at a bigger image.

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server5...PAE30427F__61217.1409742937.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

Compare Dee Dees.

All they've done is take a print of the logo and stuck a Union Jack on it.

That's not the original Ramones logo you've linked to here, it's a recent digital reproduction (it's also different from the one you linked to in your previous post, note the inclusion of Marky).

Here's Arturo Vega's logo as it appeared on the back cover of Leave Home, 1977:

2eplwkg.jpg

And another variant, in case you still need convincing:

xeq6b9.png

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom