Return to North and South America

ChicagoGuy

Obvious question...but, has there been any word about Morrissey coming back to North America and putting on some shows? I've had tickets to see him in Chicago for the last 3 times he scheduled...one time he cancelled due to his sick mother, and the other two were due to his current illness (illnesses?)....I even had 4th row for the last show...I was destroyed that he couldn't finish out his tour....

Do you think there will be a US tour next year?

I know it's only speculation but I was curious what people think about the likelihood of a US tour next year. When the health stories came out I started to think maybe he won't tour after he finishes his current tour in December... but lately he seems to be looking a bit fitter and healthier. Any wagers?

Re: Do you think there will be a US tour next year?

Hoping for the best. Every time I see a picture or review from this current tour I get the biggest smile. He's in his element.

I thought he looked unhealthy from the start of the last tour, and he seemed unhappy. I think he just didn't feel good. Now he looks completely different. I'm hoping for a US tour soon, but who knows if he can get insurance. If anything, a UK tour would be next.

I feel for you ChicagoGuy. I had second row for the last tour. I lost my flight but it wasn't much. I wanted to see Chicago and spend time with friends. Hoping that he makes it back to many of the US cities that were disappointed. I'm thinking he may want to go back to S. America or do a UK tour, but we shall see.

I thought he looked unhealthy from the start of the last tour, and he seemed unhappy. I think he just didn't feel good. Now he looks completely different. I'm hoping for a US tour soon, but who knows if he can get insurance. If anything, a UK tour would be next.

Insurance? What kind?

Insurance? What kind?

All acts that tour need insurance, that covers liability, worker's comp, equipment, promoters' fees if the show is cancelled, etc.

Because he has cancelled so many tours he has trouble getting insurance.

Also you need a physical to get insurance, so he has to be healthy.

Oh...that makes sense. Thanks for the non-snarky explanation (you don't see much of that here)....

My fingers will be crossed that he can venture across the pond for a spin around the USA; where (coincidentally) his BIGGEST fans are located....

Oh...that makes sense. Thanks for the non-snarky explanation (you don't see much of that here)....

My fingers will be crossed that he can venture across the pond for a spin around the USA; where (coincidentally) his BIGGEST fans are located....

The Canadian fans would love to see him in nearby US venues as well!! ;)

Love your avatar, by the way, ChicagoGuy. Very nice. :D

Obvious question...but, has there been any word about Morrissey coming back to North America and putting on some shows? I've had tickets to see him in Chicago for the last 3 times he scheduled...one time he cancelled due to his sick mother, and the other two were due to his current illness (illnesses?)....I even had 4th row for the last show...I was destroyed that he couldn't finish out his tour....

I have a feeling (based on nothing) that Morrissey will do a limited tour of WPINOYB in the States. A few months ago I wouldn't have thought so, but in the recent live videos he looks like a man who is not yet ready to throw in the towel.

Yes: so many of us here in the NY/NJ area have been disappointed (like so many others scattered across the country) so many times. Still, for Morrissey to give up on North America would be to admit defeat. It would be even worse if he never got to play his new material here (thus making his many critics happy). Morrissey seems like a fairly determined fellow; we'll get something (if only out of spite). :D

I have a feeling (based on nothing) that Morrissey will do a limited tour of WPINOYB in the States. A few months ago I wouldn't have thought so, but in the recent live videos he looks like a man who is not yet ready to throw in the towel.

Yes: so many of us here in the NY/NJ area have been disappointed (like so many others scattered across the country) so many times. Still, for Morrissey to give up on North America would be to admit defeat. It would be even worse if he never got to play his new material here (thus making his many critics happy). Morrissey seems like a fairly determined fellow; we'll get something (if only out of spite). :D

He's not going to throw in the towel unless he can't stand for over an hour. He has said he won't end up on the couch, and I believe him. He'll be back. He's got years of touring and recording ahead of him, he's only 55.

Back
Top Bottom