Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best ?

Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best ?

• Our Frank / There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Will See You in Far-Off Places / At Last I Am Born

• Something Is Squeezing My Skull / I'm OK by Myself

• Total voters
Re: Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best

I somehow accidentally voted for "other" when I wanted to vote for the Vauxhall entry. Ugh.

Re: Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best

Tough call between Strangeways and Vauxhall, but I went with the latter.

Is there a way to delete my vote? This is going to bother me! haha

A Rush and a Push and the Land Is Ours / I Won't Share You

The first Smiths album certainly!

Now My Heart Is Full/Speedway for me.

They're all good. Tough poll.

Maladjusted

Very, very, complicated, I can't really chose between, The Queen is Dead, Strangeways and Vauxhall.

The contenders for me were The Smiths, The Queen is Dead, Strangeways, and Vauxhall.

I ultimately went with Strangeways because of the brilliance of opening an album with "hello" and closing it with "bye." Clever, that Moz! Always something new to discover....

Last edited:

Good poll but very difficult to answer. Went with TQID but could have just easily chose YA or Strangeways.

Easy choice for me... Many days, I feel 'Now My Heart Is Full' and 'Speedway' are the two very best songs Moz has written.

This is an extremely hard poll, but I always go back to the first LP. Always. Because, for me, that's where it all started, so it's special.

Alsatian Cousin / Margaret on the Guillotine

Nice idea for a poll, Ghoul.
It's an easy choice for me. SHWC.
Rush and a push, and I won't share you, are brilliant songs in their own right as well as being perfect album-openers/closers.

Clearly Vauxhall and I.

Oddly enough, in looking at the options, Years of Refusal doesn't shape up too badly against the other options.

The contenders for me were The Smiths, The Queen is Dead, Strangeways, and Vauxhall.

I ultimately went with Strangeways because of the brilliance of opening an album with "hello" and closing it with "bye." Clever, that Moz! Always something new to discover....

I like that.

This is one of those times I'm inclined to be "that girl" and suggest Teachers/Southpaw is one of his best bookends even though the album is largely his least popular and there's so many other amazing choices, but those tracks are perhaps two of his strongest for reasons I can't explain.

Good poll. But it's Now My Heart Is Full / Speedway by a country mile.

Scanning the list of album end tracks and the amount of bleakness contrasting a little hope seems to recur quite endlessly. That triplet back to back to back of Tomorrow - Speedway - Southpaw is incredible.

Back
Top Bottom