Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best ?

Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best ?

• Our Frank / There's a Place in Hell for Me and My Friends

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Will See You in Far-Off Places / At Last I Am Born

• Something Is Squeezing My Skull / I'm OK by Myself

• Total voters
Re: Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best

Scanning the list of album end tracks and the amount of bleakness contrasting a little hope seems to recur quite endlessly. That triplet back to back to back of Tomorrow - Speedway - Southpaw is incredible.

The first of each would make an awesome album. Also the last of each. Make a playlist and tell me I'm wrong.

Re: Bookends poll: What combo of first song and last song of the 14 Smiths/Moz studio albums is best

Maladjusted / Satan Rejected My Soul (best song in the history of music)

I still stand by my vote of "other"....(no I dont)

i went strangeways or tomorrow

I suspect this poll will come as close to consensus as the site ever will. But there are many good choices when you see them side by side.

Tough call between Strangeways and Vauxhall, but I went with the latter.

Yeah.. that my only dilemma in answering the poll.. but I went with V&I

You Know I Couldn't Last is an excellent closer. So, America Is Not the World must be...fecal matter?

Meat is Murder still makes me shiver and the Headmaster Ritual was one of the first Smiths songs I ever heard.

I found the lack of votes for that choice surprising, for the quality of both songs, and the message of MIM.

I found the lack of votes for that choice surprising, for the quality of both songs, and the message of MIM.

Musically, both songs are incredibly strong...even extraordinary. Lyrically, they don't quite cover the territory in which Morrissey excels, in my opinion.

Musically, both songs are incredibly strong...even extraordinary. Lyrically, they don't quite cover the territory in which Morrissey excels, in my opinion.

I agree with you about one (MIM), but not about another (Headmaster), but I'm biased...

The Queen Is Dead followed by Strangeways. The album version of Meat is Murder never made much sense to me, a death for no reason isn't murder. If he'd used the words that he did at say Glasto a couple of years ago I'd have gone for Meat Is Murder.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom