Morrissey aside (if he does it for you), do you have any long-term celebrity fantasy crushes?

Emil,

I have been bingeing on Scandinavian films for the past month. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks.

You should check out Swedish silents. Körkarlen by Victor Sjöström and Gösta Berlings saga by Mauritz Stiller with Greta Garbo in her first feature film and a phenomenal, and later Hollywood star, Lars Hanson. You seem to know about Bo Widerberg but if you haven't seen Kvarteret Korpen you should. And then there's Jan Troell and especially his films Här har du ditt liv!, Utvandrarna and Nybyggarna. And to name two more recent films: Äta, sova, dö by Gabriela Pichler which is reminiscent of the brothers Dardenne and Play by Ruben Östlund. You should also check out the danish director Carl Theodor Dreyer if you haven't.

keanu-reeves-2.jpg

I can't get past Audrey Tautou - but as nothing is happening in real life (i.e. flesh, blood, bone, brick, mortar, stone) - can someone recommend some other potential long-term fantasy crushes, preferably actresses?

When you see me
Between Cole and Cahuenga
I'm just plain desperate...

Carmen Dell'Orefice, the world's oldest living model at 83. This picture shows her at 82, heavily photoshopped, I'm sure.

o-CDO-NEW-YOU-570.jpg

Younger:

basch1.jpg

OK, I need to officially add Baratunde Thurston to my list. Because my list wasn't long enough already.

Eva Mendez, and the woman I saw waiting for a train in the Gare du Nord in 1989. I can still see her in vibrant three dimensions when I close my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom