Trashcan Sinatras - New Album #6

ehprh

Hi All,

I know there are some TCS Fans out there on the Forum. TCS is beginning to recording their sixth album in the next coming months.
And they are asking for fans to get involved to help with the Album. Below is the pledge link.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/trashcansinatras

I have already pledge, and can not wait to hear the new music, and possible see them on tour. Go check it out, there are a bunch of
options to choose from......

Remember back when the lyric writer of the Trash Can Sinatras felt that his days were numbered after turning 21?

Forgive my ignorance, is this what is meant by a "Kickstarter" and/or "fan-funded music" and/or "crowd funding"? I have heard these terms thrown around but have never actually seen one in action. Is this that? And more specifically, is there a particular platform and/or funding model being used here?

p.s. I am a fan. "Weightlifting" is one of the best albums of the past 10 years IMHO.

p.s. I am a fan. "Weightlifting" is one of the best albums of the past 10 years IMHO.

Thank you, just listened to this album playlisted on YouTube. I have cake and everything but that was from the 90's and they just fell from my radar. Gosh this was a standout track for me. Just ordered the album. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^
It's my pleasure.

-------

the hardest thing of all is to belong
the oddest thing of all this time
is i’m not sad at all
i can see beyond the hardest thing of all…goodbye

leave me alone, you’re all i wanted
don’t haunt me now, don’t want you now
leave me alone, i’ve found what i’m made of
don’t want you back, don’t need you back

got no place to go, the feeling’s going slow
the lowest of the low tonight
well, how am i supposed to know
if you won’t talk to me? don’t talk to me

just leave me alone, you’re all i wanted
don’t taunt me now, don’t want to know
leave me alone, to find what i’m made of

yeah, the hardest thing of all
the oddest thing of all
is i’m not sad at all
goodbye

leave me alone, you’re all i wanted
don’t haunt me now, don’t taunt me now
leave me alone, i’ve found what i’m made of

Wow, just f***ing wow. This resonates very clearly with me. I listened to this like 5 times in a row. If you've felt free, when you were once burdened, you are always grateful. Songs like this validate the journey is always possible and worthwhile.

Your are correct. It is Fan or crowding funding, Kick Starter, in this case Pledge music for their new TCS Album. Myself, have been involved in 6 different projects of bands new albums this way, examples (Toad The Wet Sprocket and Presidents of the United States of America) latest albums. In short, you go to the band's pledge website, or other funding website, you choose an option that works for you, pay for that option. Then when the album is complete, the band sends you that option you choose. Plus any extras the band throws in for being a part of it. In Short, You are just paying up front for a album, that you are going to buy when complete anyway. It helps the band with financing. Plus you get an instant download when completed, and you can get some one of a kind items as well. A lot of artists are going this route due to lack of $$$ or finances to make an album.... hope that helps to explain....

dude, this shit is my favorite new album, best track after looped repeat of album for several days.

Back
Top Bottom