Rome - Atlantico (Oct. 14, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by aliceasr and also setlist.fm, link posted by Belligerent Ghoul.

• Photos (12 total) - Sottopalca Music Reporters. Link posted by Andrea Veroni.

MORRISSEY_14_Ottobre_ROMA_3986.jpg
  • MORRISSEY @ Atlántico, Roma, ITALIA photos (34 total) - MORRISSEY PERU / Facebook group. Link posted by morrisseyperu.
  • THE COMPLETE PICTURE (68 photos) - Comunidad Morrissey Smiths Chile / Facebook group. Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

Last edited:
This might be the highest concentration of quality, interesting shots from a single gig that I have ever seen for Moz. Well done to the various photogs.

I agree! There should be more coming in as the tour continues.

The beliefs may be ancient but it doesn't stop them being total bullshit. Of course if you can find me some peer-reviewed papers in journals that say otherwise, I retract my scepticism.

P.

I never said I believed in the healing powers of gemstones, Peter, but many people do from different cultures (to this day.) There is nothing wrong with having a little respect for what others have faith in - is there? Especially when those who do have faith in whatever (gemstones, God, four leaf clovers, round salt wheels...), seem to have patience and respect for others, like yourself, who have absolutely no faith in anything whatsoever.

Now, excuse me. Kewpie has asked me to find a smaller signature...

I think you're right....much of his art is directed towards God...the creator. Maybe all of it.

The pentagram says he's accepting if not embracing the material plane, the fan photos say "These aren't the people I came to Italy to be with," the proclamation of not singing I Know It's Over is him saying he can't feel the soil pouring over his head because he feels so alive and ready...

I think he's in love.

I never said I believed in the healing powers of gemstones, Peter, but many people do from different cultures (to this day.) There is nothing wrong with having a little respect for what others have faith in - is there? Especially when those who do have faith in whatever (gemstones, God, four leaf clovers, round salt wheels...), seem to have patience and respect for others, like yourself, who have absolutely no faith in anything whatsoever.

I can acknowledge others' beliefs, but I am certainly not going to respect them, especially when they are transparent nonsense.

P.

I can acknowledge others' beliefs, but I am certainly not going to respect them, especially when they are transparent nonsense.

P.

Agreed. Kind of like your belief The Smiths will reform. Utter nonsense.

P.

Some things are true whether you believe in them or not.

Seth, City of Angels

I'm with CG on this one. It was my second thought when I heard he's putting up "I Know It's Over" behind the Shelf the Sexton keeps the Key to. He seems to be more...alive?...of late. Maybe he no longer climbs into an empty bed at night.

My first thought was of his mother. If I knew my son was having issues with health (and all kinds of press drama), I wouldn't want to hear about him singing a song about how he can feel the soil falling over his head. It'd be enough to squash me entirely and over speculate...as mothers often do. We know they're exceptionally close based on interviews and books, etc, etc, etc. He may be giving her a peace by pulling off those "Oh, I'm so tired of life and loneliness" songs out of the public arena.

But perhaps it's more than just that. Perhaps he's telling us all, right out in the open, that he knows "it" isn't over.

I can theorize all day, wrong or right, but I know I'll never know for certain...which is kind of nice.

Or....the words have become "too close to home, and too near the bone...more than you'll ever know". It is entirely possible, given a diagnosis which has yet to be disclosed, that the reality of his life may have caught up to the whimsy of the lyric. It is easy to take death lightly when it is long out of view, but a much different story when it is staring you in the face....just sayin' .....this Kennedy conspiracy game is quite fun!

The illnesses are why he doesn't want to sing I know it's over. Not because he's in love, which, unfortunately, he isn't at the moment. He doesn't want the soil falling over his head, literally.

Peter can be a cantankerous dick, but he's right on this one. Why should we respect someone's baseless, nonsense, bullshit "beliefs" just because they are ancient? William the Conquerer used to skin his opponents or dissidents as a form of justice. That's ancient history. So shall we start respecting that view on justice just because it's ancient?

The pentagram says he's accepting if not embracing the material plane, the fan photos say "These aren't the people I came to Italy to be with," the proclamation of not singing I Know It's Over is him saying he can't feel the soil pouring over his head because he feels so alive and ready...

I think he's in love.
I know this reply is to Keene, so 'scuse me butting in. I think he doesn't want to sing I Know It's Over because he doesn't want the soil falling over his head -his cancer scares has had a big impact on his thought process and rightly so. He's ready to live. And love. He may be in love, but not with a person. Not yet anyways.

It's either the truth or it isn't. Deal with it. Facts is facts. Oh, and do please point out why I'm a failed scientist, then I'll can tell you all about the things I've invented.

P.

You invented the MEN gig being a hoax rumour

Or....the words have become "too close to home, and too near the bone...more than you'll ever know". It is entirely possible, given a diagnosis which has yet to be disclosed, that the reality of his life may have caught up to the whimsy of the lyric. It is easy to take death lightly when it is long out of view, but a much different story when it is staring you in the face....just sayin' .....this Kennedy conspiracy game is quite fun!
I'd like to think the cancer scare has been a little overblown, but I can see the value in this statement.

I'd like to think the cancer scare has been a little overblown, but I can see the value in this statement.

It seems as though he has taken the same cryptic approach to describing his health as he has his sexuality. At times, I think he might explode if he were to ever state something regarding himself plainly. From what I read on this site, even his vegetarian vs. vegan lifestyle is up for debate. One thing you will never hear him say for sure is, " I am a Vegan, homosexual dying of cancer." ;)

I think you're right....much of his art is directed towards God...the creator. Maybe all of it.

Christian confirmation biases. If I were Wiccan I could say he is directed towards Paganism as he is wearing a pentagram. :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

Peter, you're beginning to sound and act like a failed and bitter scientist who by way of compensating for professional failure feels the need to draw attention to his scientific thinking in the most absurd contexts. I don't think you really want that. I believe you can do better. Seeing as we've got some failed and bitter journalists here already, it doesn't really add a new attitude to the site.

One doesn't need to be a scientist--failed or successful--to be a skeptic. He was correct in pointing out the absurdity of assigning magical and healing powers to rocks.

- - - Updated - - -

P.

:clap:

- - - Updated - - -

The illnesses are why he doesn't want to sing I know it's over. Not because he's in love, which, unfortunately, he isn't at the moment. He doesn't want the soil falling over his head, literally.

My sentiments as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Peter can be a cantankerous dick, but he's right on this one. Why should we respect someone's baseless, nonsense, bullshit "beliefs" just because they are ancient? William the Conquerer used to skin his opponents or dissidents as a form of justice. That's ancient history. So shall we start respecting that view on justice just because it's ancient?

Yep. :)

Christian confirmation biases. If I were Wiccan I could say he is directed towards Paganism as he is wearing a pentagram. :rolleyes:

Wiccans believe in God. :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

I actually listen to his lyrics and I'm sure I'm not the only fan that does this. He's talking to God all through "Ringleader of the Tormentors". Even on "life is a Pigsty".

A person can still love God in whatever form and be dissatisfied with some aspects of life.

You still want to teach us all. Just "stand back and let it all be."

Last edited by a moderator:

- - - Updated - - -

I actually listen to his lyrics and I'm sure I'm not the only fan that does this. He's talking to God all through "Ringleader of the Tormentors". Even on "life is a Pigsty".

A person can still love God in whatever form and be dissatisfied with some aspects of life.

You still want to teach us all. Just "stand back and let it all be."

I don't believe all his lyrics are autobiographical. Sixteen, clumsy and shy...

- - - Updated - - -

Wiccans believe in God. :crazy:

Not keene's 'god.'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom