Barcelona - Sant Jordi Club (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Alejandro Kapecevich from Typical Me on Facebook, posted by Raphael Lambach. Correction by Juliusmonk.

• THE COMPLETE PICTURE - Comunidad Morrissey / Facebook group (18 photos). Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

barcelona.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Article: Barcelona - Palau Sant Jordi (Oct. 10, 2014) post-show

Note: excuse my english please.

Very professional show last night in Barcelona. Very happy to be there.
Morrissey is more than a crooner and he knows that and the audience should know but i'm not sure...
Nothing to say about the setlist, it's ok to promote the new album and sing a few Smiths songs, but I missed "Mountjoy", a very nice piece, from the last álbum, and also missed another momento from the past Morrissey besides Speedway and Everyday is like Sunday.
The gossip:
-Morrissey critized bullfighting in Spain "the shame of Spain" he said, ¿he knows Barcelona is fighting for selfdetermination rights?.
-Morrissey made a comment about Green Day nomination for induction Hall of Fame, He congratulare the band with really "no sarcasm".
-Greeting some front row fans calling them "Hi Manuel".:).

Last Albums are inspired in Rome, France...now Barcelona?

f***ing retard, you have Morrissey standing in front of you for 90 minutes singing and that's the best you cab come up with?

You sound like a sociopath.

I LOVE Morrissey, but I would have left his first couple shows feeling a bit unsatisfied....How has he not played Staircase? How has he not played Art Hounds?

i'd still hit it.

So, according to some video footage, Morrissey accepted white flowers during this concert. Hmmm, I guess that means the blue rose bullshit can be over. The clown TRB said he is finished blogging again (how many times is this now?), but since knowing is failure to keep this promise, he will most likely cater to the other loons who kiss his arse and find some secret sign or reason to keep it open; he always does. This dude is certifiably bizarre.

So, according to some video footage, Morrissey accepted white flowers during this concert. Hmmm, I guess that means the blue rose bullshit can be over. The clown TRB said he is finished blogging again (how many times is this now?), but since knowing is failure to keep this promise, he will most likely cater to the other loons who kiss his arse and find some secret sign or reason to keep it open; he always does. This dude is certifiably bizarre.

Yes he accepted a pretty big bouquet of white Lilies <3

Thanks for this and JuliusMonk for your review, and everybody for your impressions, photos, videos for those of us who can't be there. He looks and seems in excellent spirits. Crowd seems very into it. I'm always moved by Asleep and MiM and "in your big fat f***ing mouth"
what did he say after he accepted the white lilies? i couldn't make it out. White shirt looks so good (but what doesnt look good on him) lucky Barcelona for the shirt toss!

Jose Luis posted this little "tapas" video. Crystal Geezer, the shirt comes off around 16:10.

- - - Updated - - -

from Every Day is Like Sunday

Thank you! For some gentlemen as well. ;)
Anybody know which song this was from?

- - - Updated - - -

gorgeous!!!

Good lord, someone's been working out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last nights gig I have seen Morrissey all over the UK but this was my first time outside off it !!?

Am from Aberdeen in Scotland so most my gigs have been in england so that was almost a foregin country for me am one the proud ones and voted YES ....
Political bit done onto my little bit about last night

No support act just the 30 minute video clip most off which I have seen before nice little clip about how thatchers dead will go down well back home.
And then bang hes back looking great sounding great and the hairs on back my neck standing on end again !!
Eveyone seems to moan about setlists me its always a pleasure hear any of the great mans songs sung live ...
sound was good in venue crowd were quiete and not what am used to at a morrissey gig I was with my wife so was no to worried about getting in amoungst it like I normally do (am 47 now)
Wife is no a the worlds biggest morrissey fan (although she did let me name our son after him ) but she has seen him a few times and commented she did not know a good few songs which I think wont get him any new fans unless they listend the new album
enjoyed my night although a couple screaming girls who were older enough to know better and 7 euro a beer and the long walk down the hill vor a taxi were no great ...
Hopefully make Dublin next and looking forward to it already !!

excuse the spelling and grammer done on my phone ...

Thanks for posting.

Enjoy Dublin :)

Hazard
England

apols for the late post we were also out there for a stag do and have only just got back home, first of all let me tell you about us seeing Morrissey coming out of his hotel, it was really weird I just walked over and wished him well, security guys did not seem to bother about me walking up to him and in truth I think I startled the great man, wasn't his usual guys I must add, strange enough that guy that made it on to the stage probably would never have made it to moz had his usual team been there, my advice people is when he plays the smaller venues is to rush the stage, they seemed unsure of what to do. Apart from that I reckon it was a good show, but I have to be honest we were pretty tanked up, three of us have got tickets for Poland, i'll wave to you off the stage Dave M (Salford)

I heard the Blue Rose Society and the White Lilly Collective are having a rumble in Rome outside the venue before the gig. It's going to be vicious.

A mi me parecio un buen concierto aunque le falto mejores canciones que las tiene.yo lo llevo siguiendo desde hace treinta años cuando me impacto con su cancion there light is never goes out y es la primera vez que lo veia en vivo encima de cerca y he visto su inmenso carisma sobre el escenario.Tambien es normal que toque canciones de su ultimo disco que creo son muy buenas aunque no aun muy oidas pero ese disco sera el mejor de su discografia.Fue una muy buena noche de las mejores de mi vida.Morrissey unico y irrepetible.

I heard the Blue Rose Society and the White Lilly Collective are having a rumble in Rome outside the venue before the gig. It's going to be vicious.

It's really pathetic that any of them would get that worked up about it either. It just goes to prove the underside of their allegedly "Nice " character. As if the whole charade they are pulling and story they tell is the truth in the first place. They seem to not care who they hurt or dismiss all so it gets them attention and this would include the person they actually got the suggestion from about blue roses to begin with. They represent everything they think they do not and it's unfortunate.

Awesome video - Thank you!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom