Madrid - Barclaycard Center (Oct. 9, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / The Bullfighter Dies / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Kiss Me A Lot / Disappointed / You Have Killed Me / Istanbul / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Certain People I Know / Trouble Loves Me / I'm Not A Man / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / Meat Is Murder / World Peace Is None Of Your Business // Asleep / How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by setlist.fm.

Last edited:
If so I sincerely hope you are getting VIP backstage access to meet Moz and the band and free concert tickets, and enough free beer to float you into 2015.
I know it must be an amazing thrill to see your work up there for all to see on stage, but still you should be rewarded. If I was Moz I'd get you a load of free tickets, backstage pass, and bring you on stage to say thanks. I'd get you some money too. What's right is right.

Handshake and photo would be more than enough for me:):brows:

Would someone please give an objective review of the gig?

Good/Bad//Ecellent/Too Short take your pick

The set list took some time to come out for this show in Madrid. Hopefully, it will appear faster and more confidently from Barcelona. Maybe someone could tweet the songs as they are played, if you are there? Perhaps using #lonelyinbarcelona CR

If you're that bothered maybe you should go? I really love going to gigs and seeing people on their phones taking shitty videos and pictures and tweeting out each song that's being played..

Why can't people enjoy and live in the moment rather than informing all and sundry that they are enjoying and living in the moment? Which they evidently aren't cos they're on thier f***ing phones.

If you're that bothered maybe you should go? I really love going to gigs and seeing people on their phones taking shitty videos and pictures and tweeting out each song that's being played..

Why can't people enjoy and live in the moment rather than informing all and sundry that they are enjoying and living in the moment? Which they evidently aren't cos they're on thier f***ing phones.
So true, why would anyone want to tweet each song as they're being played, its pathetic, anyone who does that aren't really there to see morrissey, they're there because they think its cool to be at a moz gig and they want everyone to know they're there

The set list took some time to come out for this show in Madrid. Hopefully, it will appear faster and more confidently from Barcelona. Maybe someone could tweet the songs as they are played, if you are there? Perhaps using #lonelyinbarcelona CR

Are you for real?

So true, why would anyone want to tweet each song as they're being played, its pathetic, anyone who does that aren't really there to see morrissey, they're there because they think its cool to be at a moz gig and they want everyone to know they're there

That's a lot of it: it's seen as hip to be at a Moz show.

I took a few snaps and a brief video for my own use. I tweeted the opening song and Kick the Bride because that was he only time on the US tour he played those songs. After that I put my phone away and enjoyed the show. I don't understand how someone can video a whole song.

That also affects Morrissey as well. We know how much he relies on the crowd's reaction, and if people are standing there taking a video rather than cheering, he's not going to want to bother.

Seriously. The day I live-tweet a setlist is the day I stop enjoying seeing live music.

Totally agree. I miss the days when people were actually engaged in the show and the people around them instead of on their phones the whole time.

So could SOMEONE who went to the show just say, "He didn't mention the cancer thing at all" so that we can move on? And if he DID mention it, FFS what did he say?

I dunno...if he began singing "Come Back to Camden," I'd have to whip out my phone in a hurry and record the full song (it's my fave and he hardly EVERRRRRRR sings it live). Maybe some people do all that recording stuff because they truly enjoy each song or one particular one...or maybe because they know that there are obsessed fans out there who don't have the means or the funds to follow him around. There are people who exist in this world who don't give a hoot about being hip.

There's a big difference between recording a song/taking some photos and live-tweeting or texting throughout a concert. I take photos at shows, too, but I'm quick and respectful about it—and I don't actually post it DURING the concert! That can wait until later. These comments were in response to someone who was requesting that the setlists be live-tweeted with a designated hashtag, since getting the setlist after the show is over is apparently too much of a wait. It's like the joke about the guy screaming at the microwave to hurry up because he doesn't have all minute...

Seriously though, I've stood next to people at shows who literally spend the ENTIRE TIME watching the show through their phones while they take 600 blurry photos/shaky videos and send dozens of text messages and tweets. I don't understand what they're getting out of being there, other than being able to say they were.

The daily mail are being very nice about Moz. This is very troubling for me. Something I hate likes something I love.

That's the best comment made by anyone since the internet crawled out of the ether. Those gimps at concerts with phones should be cattle-prodded out the door.

I agree completely. There's nothing more annoying than standing behind someone at a gig who's constantly holding up their phone and it's even more frustrating when their phone is blocking your view of the stage.

I appreciate people sharing their videos, if it's a new or rarely played song but surely we don't need to see every song at every gig.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom