Cocteau Twins Thread

Mozza220559

Surmontil 50
Who's a fan?

I'm a total new comer but love the few songs I've heard, I was listening to the Head Over Heels album last night. Absolutely fantastic.

Current favourite song at the minute is In The Gold Dust Rush. Gorgeous, lush layered guitars with astounding vocals and spine tingling melodies.

I can't believe I've been such a late comer.

there use to be a Cocteau Twins thread :confused: I suppose Kewpie just had to archive it :rolleyes:
anyways, yes, I am a fan, go through phases now though, have not played any of their songs in a while, but I am sure I will now :guitar:

Yup, big fan. Blue Bell Knoll is my favourite album. I have the majority of their singles on 12".

Love them. I was lucky to see them in Minneapolis in the early 1990s. What a show. Listening to Four-Calendar Cafe as we speak... Bluebeard is one of my favs.

Caligula's daddy is a fan. :tiphat: Head Over Heels is a fantastic album. You should also check out Treasure!! Brilliant stuff. I personally own 5 of their albums.

Love, love, love Cocteau Twins. I really regret never having seen them live. Blue Bell Knoll, Head Over Heels and Garlands are my favorite albums.

p.s. If you're a fan of the heavier sound of Garlands and Will Heggie's bass, I highly suggest checking out Lowlife, Heggie's post-Cocteau Twins band, as well. Unfortunately their only fan site is now gone from the internet, but there's a Facebook page and a lot of stuff on YouTube. Incredible stuff, can't imagine any CT fans not liking Lowlife. Hopefully someday this film will get made...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am quite proud to have seen them live once, at Brixton Academy in November 1990. I had people from America next to me who for some weird reason were worried that they would be crushed during the gig but CT are not exactly a band to jump and crush people to. A fantastic gig of course, that goes without saying, but what I remember when the gig finished was this english lad, probably a local one, that shouted abuse at the band for being "victorian bastards". His friend didn't seem to be that impressed with his outburst.

As a long-time Cocteau fan, I remember being so disappointed after reading Morrissey's comments in the '91 Spin interview :(

"They make me vomit on sight," he declares, sobering up instantly. "I think there's a right way and a wrong way, and I think the Cocteau Twins have always applauded themselves for doing it the wrong way. They're outstandingly unappealing on every human level; they look awful, their interviews are awful, and the their records are just utter stupidity."

http://motorcycleaupairboy.com/interviews/1991/king.htm

As a long-time Cocteau fan, I remember being so disappointed after reading Morrissey's comments in the '91 Spin interview :(

"They make me vomit on sight," he declares, sobering up instantly. "I think there's a right way and a wrong way, and I think the Cocteau Twins have always applauded themselves for doing it the wrong way. They're outstandingly unappealing on every human level; they look awful, their interviews are awful, and the their records are just utter stupidity."

Damn, Morrissey. Tell us how you really feel!

I like the follow-up exchange:

Jeepers, I cry. I seem to have touched a nerve.
"It's the way you're sitting.

What a douchebag

I am quite proud to have seen them live once, at Brixton Academy in November 1990. I had people from America next to me who for some weird reason were worried that they would be crushed during the gig but CT are not exactly a band to jump and crush people to. A fantastic gig of course, that goes without saying, but what I remember when the gig finished was this english lad, probably a local one, that shouted abuse at the band for being "victorian bastards". His friend didn't seem to be that impressed with his outburst.

Maybe it was Morrissey calling the band that?

Back
Top Bottom