Steve Barnett / World Peace Re-Release

A

Anonymous

Being a devoted Morrissey supporter and fan of the new record, World Peace Is None Of Your Business, I feel it is only fair that I speak out against the person responsible for its demise.

Steve Barnett, one of countless corporate record company gate keepers, seems to be putting a gag on this record from ever seeing the light of day again.

Being a true artist and poet in an age of soulless record company concoctions is apparently frowned upon by the likes of Steve Barnett. Let him know how you feel about this travesty.

[email protected]

+1(323)871-5100

1750 North Vine Street
Hollywood, CA, 90028

steve_barnett_headshot_p.jpg

I would like to also know what morrissey's part in all this is. Morrissey said he did not sign. As such Barnett would not be able to sell it. Who's more responsible that who. I think this would be a great discussion, on both sides. Since the OP just wants feedback to Steve, and since morrissey doesn't have a public email. Why don't you put points here.

I'll start.
Morrissey recorded and released a record without a contract. Rookie move or calculated, for a future exit strategy.

Steve signed a notorious label hating artist and fronted funds to make this album. He sure didn't do it to lose money. Label did do effort, just not what the artist maybe wanted. He is a bean counter and can't spend the world to get pennies.

Question, has Steve talked bad about morrissey. Has morrissey talked bad about Steve. The consistency of what is patterned behavior which may lead us to who is ultimately at fault hear.

Well.

What an odd thing to do. Post details so fans can vent their displeasure. You're not on the Moz payroll, now, are you, by any chance?

P.

You also have to admire the class and bravery of posting a person's work contact details under the veil of anonymity - what a puny catharsis. I'm sure the poster would appreciate it if the same thing were done to him/her.

However you personally feel about the quality of the album, only a twit would continue to take up the publicity/distribution debacle of World Peace Is None Of Your Business as a personal cause. The album was never destined to sell hundreds of thousands of copies - this is not 2004. The success of Autobiography was generated by interest in Morrissey the public figure, not Morrissey the musician. The sales of the book should never have been a reliable predictor of future record sales.

His interns would read them probably.

Aw. Diddums, are you all upset? Do you think if enough angry fans bombard him with emails, he'll change his mind and re-sign Morrissey? Bless.

^^^^No, but the OP appears upset. Good observation.

Back
Top Bottom