Calling all Smiths test pressing/promo collectors

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My friend, at these prices, they are gonna be a tough sell :p

Good luck anyway.

Thanks for that, but bear in mind that the prices are there to be shot at. Ebay, paypal and freepost charges have to be factored in if they are sold via ebay, private sales of course can be haggled over. For example, the mayking promo at £795-this would lose £120 in fees and posting, a private deal can be had on this for less than £675.I have a list of acceptable offers for each item so if you need any you may be pleasantly surprised.PM me if so.

Aren't the Bigmouth and William test presses the ones you bought from Ebay recently?

My friend, at these prices, they are gonna be a tough sell :p

Good luck anyway.

The thing buyers must understand. First it's not easy finding these rare items and second selling on eBay is not cheap.

Aren't the Bigmouth and William test presses the ones you bought from Ebay recently?

Yes indeed they are, the Bigmouth test is mine to sell and not my friends, along with Peepholism and a USA shoplifters promo.I sold the William test to him but now he has decided to sell off part of his collection to help towards the cost of a forthcoming house move.The other items are his and are open to offers.Ebay is a good way of showing them off but if the prices don't impress then feel free to haggle.

ps does anyone have any solid centre uk singles to sell/trade, I just cant get the last few I need

ask, girlfriend in a coma, last night I dream't... and those early TCM solids.

are you implying you found a bigmouth, or that you're not fond of waiting around for a mythological Loch-ness of a record? :)
Nice items.

He is a con-man! Just ignore him and dont buy his stuff and he will reduce them eventually!

Finally I have been rumbled.For years now I have been posing as a man from the water authorities, calling on the elderly with my fake ID.When I ask them to fetch me a water bill to check I ransack their record collections and make off with rare Smiths test pressings. A con-man indeed.Its amazing how many I have found by using this method.On ebay I have sold over 900 Smiths/Morrissey items and received 100% feedback...I just can't go on conning people like this.I have come across a few real con-men though, the ones that sell "near mint" smiths white labels that look like they have been dragged through a hedge backwards.Irish scammers with HIG negative sleeves a plenty and folks selling collections that never arrive once your money as been sent.I have never knowingly over described an item, never decided not to post an item that has been paid for and have never held a gun to someones head when buying items.Come on Mr anonymous, I know who you are, you don't need to hide away all the time.I'm not conning anyone, my current offerings mostly belong to an American collector I have dealt with for a long time and he has asked me to try and sell these for him, it's as boring as that I'm afraid.There are no "Dick Turpin" stories here!!!

are you implying you found a bigmouth, or that you're not fond of waiting around for a mythological Loch-ness of a record? :)
Nice items.

I'm of the opinion that the bigmouth solid simply doesn't exist, until one appears we have to presume this is the case..unless someone can put this to bed by posting a picture of one.

He is a con-man! Just ignore him and dont buy his stuff and he will reduce them eventually!

I've seen a few of these spineless innuendos form Anonymous (log in or keep it to yourself). Having a dig at this chap for dealing in vinyl, whats the issue buy and sell what your interested in, and in doing so you find a cheap item or 2 and decide to move them on,so what? if you manage a profit great if you get to keep them a bi longer so be it. No one is getting conned unless they pay for items they don't receive or fakes, and that's never been mentioned. If he buys a house,central heating, or books a holiday? why should you give a shit?

I've seen a few of these spineless innuendos form Anonymous (log in or keep it to yourself). Having a dig at this chap for dealing in vinyl, whats the issue buy and sell what your interested in, and in doing so you find a cheap item or 2 and decide to move them on,so what? if you manage a profit great if you get to keep them a bi longer so be it. No one is getting conned unless they pay for items they don't receive or fakes, and that's never been mentioned. If he buys a house,central heating, or books a holiday? why should you give a shit?

Thanks for the support billybu69, my faith has been restored.

You are quite right, but i personally have bid on ABFTUNH items several times before on Ebay and been outbid, only for the same identical item to reappear a week or so later on a buy it now for a higher price. (which in my eyes is also classed as being conned).

People do get suspicious when things like this occur and do ask questions.

Just play fair

You are quite right, but i personally have bid on ABFTUNH items several times before on Ebay and been outbid, only for the same identical item to reappear a week or so later on a buy it now for a higher price. (which in my eyes is also classed as being conned).

People do get suspicious when things like this occur and do ask questions.

Just play fair

I do get non paying bidders from time to time and relist items, and I prefer to use "buy it now" more than auction these days, then there is no question of being "conned".The only problem with buy it now is you tend to get less interest as you set the price and people seem to have lost the art of bartering.If you want it then ask me for a deal, I may be able to help.I would rather not use ebay with the costs involved but its the best shop window in the world.Anyway, enough talk of "conning" etc etc,I have sold stuff to many of you solo guys and I'm trying to shift some items for a friend, so if there is any genuine interest in the items PM me and lets find them new homes.

I've purchased a couple of very nice items (through Buy It Now) from ABFTUNH. I thought the prices he asked for were rather reasonable, nice to see an eBay seller not price gouging for a change.

I've purchased a couple of very nice items (through Buy It Now) from ABFTUNH. I thought the prices he asked for were rather reasonable, nice to see an eBay seller not price gouging for a change.

Thank you my friend, now can I just post these prices up for anyone that may fancy a go at my friends items.These are kind of where he wants to be with them....you can view them on my ebay by following this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261610738715?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

William 7" test £650
mayking promo £650
queen is dead test £150
nme test £100
s/t promo £100
william promo £100
heaven promo £100

The condition of these is not in question-they are all superb. I think the prices are fair so have a look at them and send me some bids.

Seems your friend paid a little over £400 for the William 7" test only a couple months ago. Now, that's inflation for you! They also seem to want more for the RT156 and RT166 promos than you've listed them at, so where's the opportunity of making you an offer there? Weird!

Thank you my friend, now can I just post these prices up for anyone that may fancy a go at my friends items.These are kind of where he wants to be with them....you can view them on my ebay by following this link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261610738715?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

William 7" test £650
mayking promo £650
queen is dead test £150
nme test £100
s/t promo £100
william promo £100
heaven promo £100

The condition of these is not in question-they are all superb. I think the prices are fair so have a look at them and send me some bids.

Seems your friend paid a little over £400 for the William 7" test only a couple months ago. Now, that's inflation for you! They also seem to want more for the RT156 and RT166 promos than you've listed them at, so where's the opportunity of making you an offer there? Weird!

Make an offer, it really is as simple as that.I bought the William test for £425, a bargain for this rare record, one sold on ebay years ago for over £1000.I sold the record to the guy that is now selling it on,along with the other items. It may sound far fetched and some of you will cry con-man, liar,thief etc etc but anyone that has dealt with me knows I'm a fair trader.As for offers, well the QID test is worth £150 all day long and the NME test is worth £100, these don't come along too often.The William test is open to debate, when I won it I bid £650 for it and was astonished that I got it for £425.I was expecting it to make £800+, how many of you have it? It's right up there with the rarest Smiths items.The mayking promo is another gem, seldom seen, so what is it worth? As ever what someone is willing to pay is what anything is worth so rather than anonymously posting "Weird!" replies, just get your offers in and lets see if you can get yourself a really rare Smiths record or two.

Back
Top Bottom