Girlfriend In A Coma and Strangeways Green mispressings Very fishy here

darby1974

I saw this Green GIAC 7" auction about to end. It is the green 7" "mispressing"... I looked at his past auctions and he has had 4 green Strangways "mispressings" that went for between 29.00 to 123.00 GBP and 2 Green GIAC "mispressings" and 1 about to end now. These are the only Smiths records he has auctioned. Does he really have this many "mispressings" or is he putting Strangways and GIAC records in the window to let them turn green?

What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kissmysha...m418718f9d6&pt=UK_Records&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Grilfriend In A Coma and Strangways Green mispressings.. Very fishy here..

Lol, that's funny. What's more funny is that people eat it right up. I've yet to see irrefutable evidence that *all* 7" 2 track green giacs are over exposures to light but in this case I'd be suspicious too.

I saw this Green GIAC 7" auction about to end. It is the green 7" "mispressing"... I looked at his past auctions and he has had 4 green Strangways "mispressings" that went for between 29.00 to 123.00 GBP and 2 Green GIAC "mispressings" and 1 about to end now. These are the only Smiths records he has auctioned. Does he really have this many "mispressings" or is he putting Strangways and GIAC records in the window to let them turn green?

What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/kissmysha...m418718f9d6&pt=UK_Records&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Does seem a little strange! It also got me thinking about the Ouija Board UK 7" sleeve with Morrissey's name in white to the front. Could that be produced through sunlight (over) exposure? I mean, is the print on the reverse of a white Morrissey Ouija Board always yellow, for example?

RC explains the the green strangeways were due to an "ink failure"

These gfiac's are all unnatural colour changes, the only one that is genuine is the 7" green with 12"track listing. The green should be pale, subtle all most, (as it is one your actual 12" gfiac). It should not be bright over exaggerated like the ones you often see.

These gfiac's are all unnatural colour changes, the only one that is genuine is the 7" green with 12"track listing. The green should be pale, subtle all most, (as it is one your actual 12" gfiac). It should not be bright over exaggerated like the ones you often see.

:thumb:

Even the vax carpet cleaner looks to be in a rare green hue. Very sketchy indeed.

Back
Top Bottom