The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 265: SATELLITE OF LOVE

How do you rate Satellite of Love?

• Total voters

Houdini

In 2007, and early 2008, I put up polls for all 234 then released Morrissey and The Smiths-songs. More than 40,000 votes were cast and this resulted in The Morrissey/Smiths Top 100, or indeed, The Morrissey/The Smiths Top 234. In 2009/2010 we updated this chart with the 25 new songs that were released in 2008-2010. The final results of 2010, the 'Top 259', can be viewed here. Now, 4 years on, many people have asked me to continue with the polls as since the last one 25 new Morrissey-songs have been released.
So we'll start with the songs that were released in 2011, 2012 and 2013 and we'll end with the 18 songs from World Peace Is None of Your Business.

So here it goes. Let's hope for as big a turn-out as in 2007 and 2010 and, once again, vote with your heart, not with your mind.

Song 265: Satellite of Love (Lou Reed)

Satellite's gone up to the skies
Things like that drive me out of my mind
I watched it for a little while
I cannot stand the TV 1
Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of

Satellite's gone way up to Mars
Soon it will be filled with parking cars
I cannot stand the TV

Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of

I've been told you've been happy
With Harry, Mark and John
Monday, Tuesday, anyday but Thursday
With Harry, Mark and John

Satellite's gone up to the skies
Things like that drive me out of my mind
I cannot stand the TV

Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of love
Satellite of

Satellite of love
Satellite...
Satellite...
Satellite...
Satellite...
Satellite...

Previous polls:

Part 264: The Kid's a Looker
Part 263: Action is My Middle Name
Part 262: People Are The Same Everywhere
Part 261: Safe, Warm Lancashire Home
Part 260: Treat Me Like a Human Being
Polls 259-1

EACH TIME YOU VOTE, YOU SUPPORT THE PROCESS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Live in Oslo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't think cover versions should be included in the poll, because they are not really Smiths/Morrissey songs, as such. However, I am voting anyway. It's a good song, sung nicely. 6

Why Moz choose this song? We'll never know, I think is boring and plain, Velvet underground or Lou reed have better songs to cover

3. A perfunctory rendition of a beautiful song. The lyrical alterations are uninspiring but at least the released version avoids his curious disdain for George Alagiah.

Like I said about You Say You Don't Love Me I love this track, only wish it was a studio version.

It's fine. Miles preferable to "To Give", the other overplayed live cover of the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom